SK vs Warrior...why?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xenze, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Wulfhere Augur

I wonder, does SPA 192 apply instantly (i.e. on tick zero)? The official description implies that it does not, so the hate totals of such spells would be lower than people might assume.

92 - Hate (On Spell Land)
    192 - Hate (Duration Only)
    Seldom likes this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Not sure where a observation of your knowledge directly from these forums constitutes a personal attack. You don't just disagree with people on the boards you blatantly disregard anything they try to even give you so you can go test it yourself and possibly just change your view. You ignore it like they didn't even post or brush it off with a lol, I owned you, or I schooled you comment. So apparently its a personal attack when someone tells you your wrong and points out why? How many people have to tell you something before you just go and try it and see how it actually works?

The fact your advice and information is so bad when it comes to Knights is just painful that someone might read it and actually follow it. Why do you think so many push back against your need to post in every Knight thread. Sure this is a Warrior vs SK thread but come on maybe take a second when other Warriors are telling you your wrong and then take a breath and look at what they are saying and why. Maybe you have them on ignore because they make perceived personal attacks on you but are only trying to help you out?

With the blatantly bad information you post trying to make Warriors look substandard it makes some people question things. Seriously another Warrior telling you what ability to use and what weapon set up and you completely ignored them because they cant be right? Your comeback was to ignore the worth of the information and try to compare an ability VS a SK harmtouch and doing so completely overlooked the value of what was said. No your not going to generate that much agro in one shot but you can regain the agro with knowing what they will use and when so in a few seconds you regain solid agro on the mob from that SK.

So Warrior agro is fine. People just need to know what and how to use their tools or to ask a SK to give them VoT so they are able to perform as best that can.
    Brohg, Seldom, Drogba and 1 other person like this.
  3. Drogba Augur

VoT doesn't stack with some ability warriors use every couple of mins, forget which. Meaning you can get that tiny period out of it, but it's generally a waste.
  4. shiftie Augur

I had to stop forum questing it got me banned from posting until they redid the forums. I am actually surprised they let him post under multiple handles.

Sk and war are both in great positions for what they can do. I’m also satisfied with my paladin, I loathe the nerfs that undid a lot of work and I want my mediocre dps back. If I’m not fighting undead it is painful.
    Brohg likes this.
  5. Axel Furry Hats OP

Dicho / Rage of the Forsaken / Warlord's Fury are the abilities you are looking for. They generally aren't needed anyway, just good to have.

VoT is much more useful going to a paladin.
    Brohg, Seldom and Drogba like this.
  6. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Paladin have their hate mod in their combat buff line now. For last... 2 or 3 expansions?
  7. shiftie Augur

It literally just happened halfway through ros. Also not as potent as vot.
    Drogba and Brohg like this.
  8. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Oh, they backdated it a few expansions then. I just started getting my paladin current and noticed it. Literally just some time ago, I like it.
  9. Seldom Augur

Tunare line which is where Paladin hate mod is attached, also doesn’t stack with Druid Reptile which is superior. In raid game, definitely more useful to throw VoT to a Pal versus Warrior as Axel stated for multiple reasons. High probability a good Paladin won’t even have Tunare memed during raids
  10. Allayna Augur

[55355/10705] Refute for Honor Rk. III
    Classes: PAL/107
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 196
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic -50
    Reflectable: Yes
    Stacking: 31 24
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.5s, Recast: 3.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 30s+ (5 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Recourse: Refute for Honor Recourse III
    1: Increase Hate by 14221 per tick
    2: Increase Hate by 7900

Your understand of SPA is flawed. It is not 22K hate on the first tick. It's 7900 initial hate followed by 14221 hate per tick.
  11. Wulfhere Augur

Assuming that's true (Prathun? Dzarn?), it's actually counter productive, hate-wise, to spam Refute because you will get 14221-7900=6321 less hate for that tick as the effect reapplies. The fact that it has secondary effects (SPA 451 vie, Helix) that you do want to spam kinda defeats the primary purpose.

Refute is the only ability I can find that has lower initial hate vs duration hate, which is probably intended to help paladins maintain single target aggro while being distracted with healing/curing for example.
  12. Brohg Augur

Ticks happen consistently, no matter when you land the spell. When the server's tick happens, then if Refute is on a mob, you gain 14221 hate with that mob. It doesn't matter whether you landed the spell some time in the preceding 5 seconds, or multiple times in the preceding 5 seconds, or 40-whatever seconds ago. At the same time, you gain hps from your HoTs, and mana from your Prescience buff -- all that good stuff. When the server ticks.
  13. p8aa Elder

The personal attacks are another ones. Example the sneaky remark "p_aa should know that" about the fact I would not know warrior have a DI-1. Or constantly trying to insinuate that because someone doesn't show his guild tag or character name, his input is less valuable or he's less knowledgeable than those who don't. There are plenty of examples of this kind in many posts.
    Most of the time, I have always been respectful to the people I disagree with, and I'm keeping thread content on the fact discussed, I'm not adding "you suck in your class". This is why, at the great despair of some of you, devs haven't kicked me out of these boards.
    When i feel that the point is interesting, I will test it. For example, someone said that clicking BFI a few minutes before the fight, the timer will be back mid fight and you never run out of charges on a single mob so BFI is up whole time. I tried it 2 times on the same raid boss (Silverwing who is tanked alone). The 70 charges disappeared in 7 minutes. And BFI recast button was still not available for like 5 + min. Even when using PDH while BFI is up, in 3 min of PDH duration, 30 charges have been eaten. Which seems to be around 10 charges proc per min. So this test comforts me that my timing using BFI / PDH is a good one.

When I'm wrong on something, I recognize it. Example in this thread the DI spread 1-20. Or knight's sedulity mitigation % (4 instead of 5).
    Contrary to many on these boards, I don't claim to know it alI.
    I have asked some questions myself on specific things when I wanted an advice, or learnt things that I didn't know. Example, using phantom aggressor trick for general dekloaz's blur so aggro don't swap to someone else.
    Over the years, I have posted also some advice in many new warriors's threads asking questions about how to aggro, mitigate, etc. These are good advices, with some people putting some likes on some of them. This is why I know my worth, and people that deliberately call me "bad at playing my class" is making me lol.

That's completly wrong. I have always been honest about warriors abilities and strengths in these last years. Which is not the case of a few paladins on these boards that constantly asking "Warrior / SK does this, we need this" or constantly adding that paladin is the weakest tank of the 3. These people are responsible of the assload of some of the paladin threads that we are seing because people read constantly these kind of things. Also, devs aren't fooled by this kind of behaviour. Remember the DPS tank whinning last year ? Someone tried to draw attention on warrior DPS only, and devs ended to nerf the DPS of the 3 tank classes.

When someone post something, i question this something when I feel it can be. In this case, it's pretty legit to question if a way of doing things with no numbers posted is doing more than one ability whose hate number is known, especially when this hate number is very huge.
  14. p8aa Elder

Warriors have a single target aggro over time line of disc, the roar line (Increase hate by x amount per tick), that is only doing this. This is SPA 192. The aggro starts asap. it's not waiting for one tick to start applying aggro. So no reason that the 14221 hate which is SPA 192 doesn't start asap too.
  15. Warpeace Augur

There was nothing "sneaky" about it I just wanted to include all your forum accounts since your posting from different ones. At one time you denied being p2aa while posting from this account.
  16. p8aa Elder

In your dreams.
  17. Wuddane Elder

I only wish we could produce agro in game like we do on these forums, whew! All this hate flying about is making my ovaries spit out eggs. Who wants to be the daddy of my baby shadowknights?!
  18. Kylo Elder

True that warrior mitigation is best but here is an example don't quote me on it. If a mob max hit on a warrior is 50k and max hit a Knight for 52k but knight can heal or tap for 15k+ heal than having best mitigation doesn't mean much. When it come to Agro me as a Warrior as long as I can hold agro for my dps class and healer to do what they need to do and not grab agro from me than I don't really care if other knight or tank have better agro than me. Unless I need to do a tank swap than I can but I find it a waste of time to fight other tank or other knight over agro really. I am not here to try to get any class to be Nerf. I don't want to have any class nerf because it the worse feeling ever. IT the worse feeling ever when you log on and read the update seeing that they nerf your class with some kind of nerf hammer. Warrior need a boost in their survivability. Warrior need a HP boost and better Innate Combat Regen.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

TIL that “assload” was not flagged on Forum Quest’s badword filters.

Thank you for this important contribution to FQ, friend p_aa!
    Brohg likes this.
  20. Wulfhere Augur

If Brohg is right, then your example of e.g. Kluzen's Roar still has some room for clarity.

These Roar abilities have +hate_mod on the cast, the instant hate part you're claiming. The SPA 192 is applied at the next server tick, anytime between 0 to 5 seconds in the future, after the cast, on the next server tick. In constrast, the Refute lines do not have +hate_mod, but they do have SPA 92.