SK vs Warrior...why?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xenze, Sep 9, 2018.

1. mmats Augur

^This. And lets not forget the category always forgotten by paladins when discussing tank balance -

Heal others: PAL>>>SK>>>>>>>>WAR
  2. Seldom Augur

I didn’t add the DPS category as Kylo’s original assertion was Paladins were unpopular because we’re lowest of the tanks on dps. I always find this logic fairly hilarious, especially since War/SK’s have just fairly recently began putting out a far larger amount of DPS versus Paladins than any other era of Everquest’s 20 year lifespan. Personally, I don’t have too big of a problem with this. I find it weak that some pretend it’s perfectly balanced to have such a large DPS edge for first time ever, while enjoying other peculiar benefits that were also never previously held over the Paladin class. Questing on the forums, whatcha gonna do :).

Shadowknights can definitely be competitive versus Warriors in some scenarios and win in the DPS category. Warriors easily get the nod overall currently though. I actually am in the camp that Wars should put out more DPS than SK’s in quite a bit of circumstances, but I can see this being highly debatable.

Pertaining to aggro, I think it should be Pal is Queen in single, SK AE and Warrior strong in both. Devs are fairly close to achieving this IMO. Paladins just are missing instant Crushes and some large single target aggro dump abilities to fix this up
    Maedhros and Allayna like this.
  3. Allayna Augur

Warriors out heal shaman and druids on our parses...#allianceftw.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

Originally, paladin was the aggro king. For many recent years now, it's been SK. Why not let warrior have their turn as number 1 (as some argue that they already are)?
  5. Tankks New Member

Warrior is easily best single target atm. SK is definitely AE.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Not forgotten by me, just out of scope of this thread (so far). As for healing others, I would include curing in that category (SK can cast Cure Disease heh) or as a separate one to brag on paladins.
  7. p8aa Elder

I still have doubt that during the duration of rallos zek warriors can produce in 30 sec 1 500 000 hate (Harm touch is 900 k + 100 k per tick for 6 ticks), but why not.
    So once in 25 min time warriors get an edge. Maybe it's equal when warriors are under rage of the forsaken or dichotomic shielding. For the rest, SK wins. They have shorter recast abilities, and also more of them.
  8. p8aa Elder

The hate component of warlord grasp has been removed.
  9. Brohg Augur

Warlord's Grasp makes 5k agro, as Wulfhere has said.
  10. Maedhros High King

Are we discussing the qualities of tank classes at tanking or something else?
  11. Brohg Augur

Something else, Maedhros. We're discussing your feelings.
  12. Warpeace Augur

NOOOoooooo Not feelings:(
  13. p8aa Elder

Right lol, 5 k hate override. Usable every min. How can one list this ability as an aggro ability ?
  14. Warpeace Augur

Just like you tried to list spamming Refute for Honor as the single best agro ability in game. Its not one single ability but how they are pared and used with others. If anyone followed you spamming Refute for Honor as the best single target agro in game they should retire.
  15. Seldom Augur

Three Warriors had to teach you it produces aggro. Instead of a thanks for correction or oops, you then revert to how can anyone call it an aggro ability. Nice
  16. Warpeace Augur

But it does have 5K hate override, he admitted that.
  17. p8aa Elder

Well a 3,5 sec recast time ability that produce 22 k hate the first tick, then 14 k per tick. It's the highest hate amount ability with a so short recast time. If any paladin doesn't use this spell in it's aggro spell set, he should retire.
  18. p8aa Elder

Reread the post where Axel list warlord grasp as an aggro ability to take into account for warriors.
    It should not even had been listed. 5 k hate per min ?
  19. Warpeace Augur

Sure exclude the cast and cool down then recast that resets the tick every cast, you just don't understand Knight abilities like you wish you did, apparently your own classes abilities either.

Roll a Knight and try it you will be underwhelmed because it dosent work as you think it does.
  20. p8aa Elder

Don't worry, I play my warrior very well. Also I don't need to come on these boards doing constantly personal attacks to people that disagree with me.