SK/SHM vs ENC/DRU

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GRACUS, May 14, 2021.

1. GRACUS Lorekeeper

So I am stuck between these 2 duos, SK/SHM vs ENC/DRU

If anyone could provide some info on these 2box groups and which is best for the subjects listed below.

Classic-Velious SK/SHM vs ENC/DRU
    1. Named killing
    2. Leveling XP/AA's which group is faster
    3. Dungeon Crawling
    4. Overall ease of play
    5. Strongest overall duo.

Luclin-Live SK/SHM vs BST/DRU
    1. Named killing
    2. Leveling XP/AA's which group is faster
    3. Dungeon Crawling
    4. Overall ease of play
    5. Strongest overall duo.

THANK YOU ALL!
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

ENC/DRU is stronger early game tapering off through PoP then falls off a cliff.
    SK/SHM is weaker early eras but can still do most everything and stays relevant/great for the rest of the game.
    Appren and Accipiter like this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Well said!

/agree
  4. Chyron Lorekeeper

If charming, DRU/ENC will level much quicker through Velious than the SK/SHM. You'll have more deaths potentially from charm breaks, but you'll kill three times as fast as the SK/SHM.

Luclin and POP will be tough for a BST/DRU with the BST tanking, unless you are a raider. If your BST is raid geared, they'll tank just fine leveling/AA through this era (I dont know much omens+).

If you arent a raider, stick to the SK/SHM for long term feasibility in leveling as a duo.

For ease of play, SK/SHM or BST/DRU are certainly easier than charming. SK/SHM can probably do a bit more in dungeons with FD and slowing multiple mobs with a real tank. There is a reason it is constantly mentioned as the best combo if not charming.
  5. Ultrazen Augur

Charming full time, all the time, gets very tedious at some point. Sk/Sha is bulletproof really, SK has so many tools that are vital to both overworld and dungeons. FD pulling, snare, are both really amazing tools, and something that stays relevant always. You can actually kite, or root rot with chanter/druid, so it's not impossible to play without charms, but it's definitely slower.

Sk/Sha, you can just grab a couple DPS which are a dime a dozen, and you're set to go. If you need to solo, you certainly can. It's slower, but much less stressful.

Chanter/Druid is incredibly powerful, I've run it a couple of times, there is certainly a lot of great things you can do with that duo. A lot of it comes down to how much stamina you have for always having to be on your toes.

My advice is always to go start a couple duo's on test, buff them to 25 with /testbuff, and go try out the combos yourself. SK/SHA is a very chill duo, they are both tough as nails, so it takes a lot for things to really go wrong. Chant/Druid are both very squishy, so if things do go off the rails, they tend to go quickly lol.
  6. aindriuc Elder

My brother and I are thinking of going two necros. What do you make of that? I think feign death is a very, very important skill, especially if you aren't a pro puller or get into trouble often.
  7. Chyron Lorekeeper

It will work fine if the two of you plan to duo. If you plan to start groups or join groups, I'd suggest one of you going Shaman. Necro/Shaman is an amazing duo.
  8. aindriuc Elder

Thanks for the tips. :D