SK/Sham vs War/Cleric

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Parva, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Parva Lorekeeper

SK/Sham vs War/Cleric when boxing bard, Bst, zerker and either ranger or druid what is the better tank/healer combo?
  2. Zamiam Augur

3. Damezza Augur

Hithiquen and Bolten_DA like this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Both would be really good. It's hard to say what is better. SK has better utility and can survive better if the healer is incapacitated. Warriors have better survivability when given solid healing support. Warriors' DPS scales really well with the ADPS from bards/bsts. Warriors can tank very well in dual wield mode while also delivering a lot of DPS, where as an SK is much a less effective tank with 2H.

Shamans have better ADPS for your melee, but clerics out-heal them by a lot (by like, double).

Personally I'd recommend starting with war/brd/sha/ber/cle/bst. It's my main group and provides a lot of versatility, durability, and DPS.
  5. Horyuken Augur

They should really made an area of the forums for questions related to boxing. This single move would cut down on 80% of the senseless posts repeat and mind numbing posts in this section.
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Moldar Augur

Change the Berserker with a Ranger (since my main) and that is my team as well, with support your going to get more out of a warrior than you will with a Shadow Knight in my opinion.

If you're looking at a very minimal box team of 2/3 I would possibly recommend Shadow Knight since they seem to have more abilties aimed at being slightly more independent from a group (either they have the generic utilities already such as lev, travel speed increase, invis) or they can do double as a puller via FD splitting, etc, which means you have a little more versatility with less.
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. Zamiam Augur

I do believe name calling is against forum rules ? I was just trying to make a point that multiple threads that are pretty much identical created by the same poster is senseless and not needed .. you my friend have a nice day I will not stoop to your lvl and berate you .. GL in your travels
  8. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

Sk will always be better than a Warrior unless its a raid boss. The 20% proc rate a warrior adds to melee combined with the increased hp/AC does not come close to the utility or potential of an SK
  9. Turinbar Augur

Agree, Warriors are mainly for raids. They still , after all these years, do not have the AOE threat potential of SK's and can't self heal till the cows come home like SK can.