SK Nurf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jono Bean, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Sobmre Augur

i didn't read one post but the title made me HAHAHAH yours truly -Paladins
    Duder and Scornfire like this.
  2. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

WTS Bites for Mana return, PST with offers
    Kuvani likes this.
  3. Angahran Augur

You have logs showing this 150k spell dps increase ?
    Would be interesting to see.
  4. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

They all tic for 1mil+ under self burns (no ADPS) for a Raid SK, pretty easy math
    Kuvani and Thancra like this.
  5. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Did a quick 90s Burn in GGH, as that's Spire uptime, taking care not to skew with any forced Twincasts or ADPS. This is my sad little alt SK with no raid Foci, 7% Ice, no Ganak or Drogan Goblin Familiar, no purchased DoT AA or Focus (To be clear, I'm saying he only has Autogrant for DoT AA). Right around 150k DPS for the DoTs self burning

[IMG]

Edit: Fixed so Column Titles are visible
  6. Tappin Augur

Sigh, the problem with the DoTs is mana cost. There’s no way to sustain that tanking without long med breaks. LT is more important than the DoTs in the long term. Parses should be taken with live content with an explanation of test setup.
  7. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I used 3 DoTs for the entire duration of General Reparm, didn't go below 45% mana or so. Again, Group geared SK, no banner buff for mana pres or raid mana pres foci. Only used 2/3 Bites and could've easily saved thought leech for later. I click everything on cooldown, only thing that would've adversely affected my mana pool is if I'd have had to use Reaver's Bargain, which I didn't. But we're talking about DPS here, so, whatever

[IMG]
    Kuvani and kizant like this.
  8. menown Augur

Or how about there is a cost/benefit analysis. SKs can increase their DPS for a short duration at the cost of increased mana. This could be in cases such as short raid events, group content names, missions, etcetera. In long grind situations, the SK may choose not to use them.

This is no nerf to SKs who understood their class. Prior to this revamp, SKs did not use their DoTs. Believe it or not, mana is a resource. It is up to you to decide the best way to use that resource.
    Xeladom, Sancus, kizant and 3 others like this.
  9. Szilent Augur

You mean Ancient Bite of Muram by your "third" Bite? That's ... a stretch. It only might be break-even on casting, and is certainly a dps loss on its cast time.
    Sithsonn likes this.
  10. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Correct, but the option is there for the additional Ragged Bite Proc if Mana is that much of a concern
    Kuvani and Szilent like this.
  11. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

But it really is not IF they keep changing the game. How many times have the devs changed something only to effect others in not so good ways, even unbalanced ones and then try to rebalance etc. affecting even more people? You make your character based on what is the known physics of the game at the time, even if not the best, it still works and you enjoy yourself. And you even gear yourself and choose certain aspects to help facilitate that way of playing.

And then the next day your whole style is worthless to you, not because your peers will point out your obvious flaws and judge you, but because it no longer works in general. And you might as well reroll or change to a different character or try a whole new play style that is foreign to you, because until today you had been playing that way for years and it had worked. People fall in love with their characters and also their play style. It's hard for some and harder for others to adapt to change. That is the issue.
  12. Szilent Augur

oho! that's very good!
  13. Waitwhat Elder

So to sum it up, imo; Normally SK's didn't use much dots because they weren't as good or useful. Now the more powerful and more costly dots are situationally viable. Sounds like an upgrade.
    Sithsonn and Duder like this.
  14. shiftie Augur

Only sk could gain this much dps and then find something to complain about and then Question the reality instead of parsing it themselves.

It is widely accepted that sk are likely the most powerful class in the game and they just got a freebie. For the boxers who want to cast 3 dots and the afk to another toon. The base damage on these dots should have 1 singular dot doing the same aggro and dps as your previous configuration of multiple dots freeing you up to cast more spears and taps smdh
  15. Sithsonn Elder

All of you sks need to get off the forums, shut up and go home and stack wisdom if mana is really a problem! lol jk but we did not get any type of nerf, if you are struggling with mana switch to unity b, or hmm idk don't dot the hell outta each mob, devs gave us something to play with, for the longest time our dots were useless, get off the forums, or continue to post like this and actually get nerfed
    Metanis, Koryu, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  16. Angahran Augur

Someone stated they saw a 150k dps gain so I asked if they had a link to the numbers.
    There have been countless posts where people 'claim' completely ridiculous things so why is asking for evidence wrong ? I saw a post a while ago where it was claimed that SK pets were soloing current expansion named mobs.

It may be 'widely accepted' amongst certain people that SKs are powerful, the same way it is widely accepted amongst certain people that the world is flat.

Not to pick on any other class, but how about being able to root a mob, dot it and simply wait for it to die ?
    Wouldn't that be considered powerful ?

From the numbers I have seen posted, the dots in question received a 3x DPS increase with a 5x mana cost increase.

Maybe they should have simply taken the DPS and MANA of the dots that were no longer stackable and combined them ?
    So, instead of casting DotA (100 DPS for 100 MANA), and DotB (200 DPS/200 MANA) and DotC (300 DPS/300 MANA) we'd have a single DotD for 600 DPS and 600 MANA ?

Yes, it's more convenient casting 1 spell instead of 3, but on a raid noone was casting them anyway as the NPC debuff slots are limited and other classes have much better spells to use those slots.
  17. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Buddy, YOU are the flat earther in this scenario. Go test your own spells, all of them, every single one of them, read your AA descriptions, go look at the spell data on raidloot, lucy, eqresource, something, anything, maybe you'll learn something

There's plenty of events with multiple adds that make SK DoTs worthwhile in the raiding scene, there's plenty of raid teams that don't have a roster heavy on good performers of the other DoT classes

There's plenty of tools for SKs to use to regain mana, if my shitbox SK can chain covenants/dissident/dire/3 other lifetaps/spear and 3 DoTs for 15 minutes without dropping below 40% mana without even enabling my GoM triggers on him, there isn't a mana problem, sorry, it's a player problem, not a class problem
    Kuvani, Duder, Sancus and 4 others like this.
  18. bortage spammin lifetaps

The best thing about this is that for the first time in EQ history, SKs can quickly find out which mobs summon because the dots ticked in the middle of your pull and now you're suspended for warping because your 3 wurms were coming from different directions and you just blinked across 3 locs
    Angahran likes this.
  19. Angahran Augur

I don't know what raids you re doing but I can pretty much guarantee that any SK dotting a raid mob is going to get yelled at by the raid leader.

Whoever mentioned regaining mana as being a problem ? I don't think anyone has mentioned anything about running out of mana. Or is that your definition of useful dots ? that they can be chain cast continuously ?
  20. shiftie Augur

Lol bruh the entire purpose of this thread is about the manacost of these dots