SK loosing only raid utility item?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarzac, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Zarzac Augur

SKs a couple years ago got T'Vyl's Resolve which is an incoming damage boost on SPA 197 of 35%. This had given us the best debuff on this slot as is Funeral Dirge is 22% on the same 197 SPA.

T'Vyl's with this patch is being nerfed from 35% to 20% meaning it will only see use on an event longer than (bardsInRaid *42s) and be less important at that point than on a pure burn.

It looks like the goal was to make it "better" removing the hit limit. This is not the case in the raid or group game. In reality, the ability that has been our only raid utility item, is now pretty much gone. It is also big nerf to the group game (15%) as the hit limit was rarely really hit with just 1 group.

Please reconsider this decision and not make this change unless you have something in the raid utility/usefulness line planned for the class.
  2. shadowgod Augur

WOW looks better and better every day these devs work on EQ.
  3. Kaliko Augur

I think you don't quite understand how good this change is..... it means it has gotten better. T`vyl's resolve lasts 1 minute now and with a few sk's thats a pretty darn long time and huge boost because the 1500 incoming hits were acheived in seconds. And this is by no mean a gamechanging move and you make it sounds like no guilds going to recruit sk's now because of this nerf.
    Sheex likes this.
  4. Zarzac Augur

I would argue you don't quite understand how bad it is.

This means the ability only comes into play at all if the event is longer than (bardsInRaid * 42s) as I said in my original post. So it's only real defining use (to add a solid bump to burst dps on short fights) is now gone. This was the only utility we added to the raid.

No, I do not think this will keep top guilds from keeping 1 or possibly 2 token sk's on the roster.
  5. Kaliko Augur

Guilds have bards? I figured they all quit EQ judging by the amount of raid guild bard shortage lol. People shouldn't really complain about utility these days considering every class pretty much lost their uniqueness.
  6. Zarzac Augur

You are correct, I forgot they ended up stacking.

Definitely adds to raids then while less useful for the grouping SK.
  7. Zarzac Augur

Hum difficult to test but with both on I'm hitting for similar numbers. Seems unlikely if the %'s are actually stacking.
  8. Kaliko Augur

I don't think it's on test yet.... but I could be wrong but I see no notes saying they actually patched all that in.
  9. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

SPA 197 doesn't stack. You do the same damage with Funeral Dirge + T`Vyls as you do with T`Vyl's alone. The buff icons do stack.
  10. Brohg Augur

My guild finishes no raid events inside the duration of our 2 bards' combined 85s of Funeral Dirge. Grummus is close, but having the boost for minis will still be appreciated. On all other events, this will be a fabulous overall damage gain for our raids.
    Sheex and Ismel like this.
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

The August update is not on Test yet. It will be on August 10th.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

^ this guy gets it, and for most guilds out there with imperfect rosters...ie, that are relatively sk heavy and relatively bard light, should be a pretty positive change, eh?

Sometimes you're jumping on the wuah bus too quick, Zar =/.
    Elricvonclief, Zarzac and Vdidar like this.
  13. Zarzac Augur

Expectations have been previously set ....
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Have they? The SK class has been one of the least nerfed of the last 5 years, really. In the few cases where we took hits (swarming) were well done enough that it didn't hurt too much, coupled with decent amount of upgrayedd's I'd say we're better off than many.

We're still quite a strong grouping class, and the only area we really hurt, a unique raid role, we haven't really ever had anyway, so they can't nerf something we never had in the first place :)

Re: these changes, do we need to post a meme of an Office Space Jump to Conclusions Mat for posterity? Looks to me like a pretty significant melee dps upgrayedd coupled with an overall upgrayedd in Ty'vyl's usefulness. Other than the extreme minority of guilds that drop things 10x faster than the rest of us (you know, the ones who barely rocked any SKs in the first place), how are these a bad thing for the masses? ^ . ^
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The only people that ride unicorns, I mock.
    The only Warriors I root for, play for Golden State.

If that's you, halfling, you can eat it good sir <3
    Str8outtarivervale likes this.
  16. Zarzac Augur

meme away
  17. Vdidar Augur

For the record SK's overall aren't loosing anything. And if you are loosing instead of losing your brave and should be recognized like Caitlyn for standing up for equality.
  18. Xanathol Augur

Could have just left it there and called it good!
  19. Bigstomp Augur

SK's have 35 mitigation. Wars have 35 mitigation. Stop crying until we can use your epic and other tap effects.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Since you literally quoted half a sentence there by cutting out the first part you didn't like that addresses exactly what you're complaining about, here's what I actually said:
    I'm sure you guys do a lot more deeps than most guilds do and probably have more bards so it might not be as good for you individually, but if it's an overall increase in damage for most raid forces, I'd argue it's a positive change. As far as a group burn nerf? We're not exactly hurting in that arena, and group mobs die rrrrrreally fast in just about every reasonable situation anyway, eh?

And since your thread totally earned it, enjoy sir:
    [IMG]
    gotwar likes this.