Sk idea

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sithsonn, Jul 14, 2019.

1. kizant Augur

Don't bring us teleportation classes into your DPS conversations. Thx.
    Drogba likes this.
  2. Drogba Augur

Presumably he is talking about MS, aye.

I'd tell you otherwise, but i'm not the best wizard in the world. Though i usually parse top wherever i send him. And i've experienced being left out of the top caster group purely because magician/druid (and i think shaman, not sure after the dot nerf) were better, because that raid team took 1000-2500s to beat events. (Or zerkers that die 3 times and still parse higher). Which is uh, a tangent which is i guess unrelated to this thread.
  3. Liljit Augur

The aura idea would affect the group, not just the SK, the way I envisioned it in my head.

For combo aggro over time, I wasn’t implying they aren’t useful, just that spell gems are at a premium and combo or AA would be a valued improvement.

For tylix’s skin, I think I said minor reduction in time, what does it last now, 12 min? I’ve never seen it fade from time, only counters. How about a combined skin/gift of hemofax no counters and uses 1 gem to cast, the duration would be something like 9 minutes? IIRC that’s the duration of Rodcet.

As to the wizards they parse well, but don’t routinely break top 10 and I think that has a lot to do with the uptime of melee burns vs caster burns.

And I can’t recall the last 1000s parse, lol.
  4. Drogba Augur

If you weren't a busy guild leader, i'd highly recommend alt raiding. On longer fights you can plainly see some class disparities that are otherwise less apparent.
    Brohg likes this.
  5. Liljit Augur

Such as? I’m always interested in learning something new.
  6. Drogba Augur

I feel like I've already gone way off the subject of sk ideas for this thread.
  7. tyrantula Elder

What kind of rotation do you use?
  8. Wuddane Elder

Boy you really know how to get me worked up, don't you?

I didn't read through most of this mess, just skimmed through some of the commoners brandishing their pitchforks while at the palace gates.

Shadow knights don't ~need anything outside of the usual upgrades. We are in such a pretty place as it is. Saying that, if the devs found it in their hearts to unlink spear/bargain and reduce the reuse on lifetaps another second, I may try to have their offspring. For something new and to add a bit of utility, it would be pretty swell if we had an ae leech effect that could hit the raid. Short duration, long re-use (30 second, 15-20minutes)to help melee dps survive during some heavy rampage/damage mechanics. I'm even benevolent enough to say don't let the buff land on the shadowknight, we don't need it anyways.

Off topic, but in commiseration with what I glanced through already...paladins do need a big bone thrown their way...their mouths are watering for it.

ps - whoever said your shadowknights are trying to get kill shots in raid over dps, spank them. 4real
  9. p8aa Elder

If paladin DPS was as bad as many claim it to be, why devs reduced it then when they nerfed the DPS of the 3 tank classes ? At this time, paladins were also claiming their DPS was "awful".
  10. p8aa Elder

As a warrior in a tanking group (so no ADPS in group, only classic mgb ADPS stuff that land on all groups), I have also parses of this mob that we burn, here are the best DPS parses I did, also note that the weapon I use is a regular TBL raid 2hander (not the TS raid one) :
    418 k (48 sec)
    410 k (54 sec)
    376 k (56 sec)
    327 k (67 sec)
    284 k (78 sec)
    In 50 ish sec, paladins in my guild (also in tank groups) can burn around 350 k, so like yepmetoo numbers posted.
    This is roughly same numbers than paladins on burst DPS (1 min fight). Warrior DPS can go down fast too after 1 min
    If you add a flat 100 k dps to paladin DPS, you will DPS better than warriors, at least on burn fights.
  11. p8aa Elder

On a longer fight than the 60 sec burn of Efreeti of Stratos raid, with same mob type, and roughly same duration :
    /GU Warm Heart Flickers in 492s, 653,4m @1328032 | #5 Warrior 73042k@(149,4k in 489s).
    Once again, it's close. If you add a flat 100 k DPS to paladins, they will do more DPS than warriors.
  12. sojero One hit wonder

You know what I have gleamed from this so far, some people push buttons and some people don't. The tanks really are not that far out of alignment with each other :)
  13. Liljit Augur

Aye. Some in game where it matters....others on a forum, Sojero.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

One guild’s FQ crusade is pretty comical to watch, and it’s been going on for months and months now. Perhaps there is a dkp incentive to post thinly veiled nerf calls about the ever-favored class?
    Xeladom, yepmetoo, Tolzol and 3 others like this.
  16. Liljit Augur

#spies!
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Nothing super optimal.

Pop righteous, 2nd spire, valorous, pureforge, glyph, thunder of karana

Auto skill bash

Click ostentatious? bp, epic

Cycle through DP, crush(big), glorious, and 3 undead combo nukes

Using worthless chalandrias poison because its free, to help the rogues. Using a dragon potion thing should be more.

Definitely leaving dps on the table, this deep into farm, really hard to care.

I'm not that worried about our dps. I just think it should be more. I just don't have a great answer on how to do it without either 1) giving us "too much" passive dps or 2) giving us "too much" burst dps.

Since its a game, and balance means nothing to me anymore, as long as I can do my job, I'd rather just have more dps one way or the other.

The bandaid would be to do nothing but give us 1-2 all undead zones though!
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I still like fun things, so still argue for having some kind of ability that is a lottery function. Random chance at a big number, but averages out to be little. Like slay undead originally was.

Like, an aa that adds a 1% chance to proc a 500k based recourse nuke on DP. Just threw those numbers out, can be whatever. Or add a secondary proc chance to our fury buff line, so it has a small chance at a huge nuke proc.
  19. Wulfhere Augur

Your post prompted me to do some tests as well, mainly to include the proc rate boost from Yaulp AA, as it could be argued to help passive healing with an appropriate weapon.

Lesser Yaulp IV
    Target: Self
    Duration: 42s (7 ticks)
    1: Increase ATK by 290
    3: Increase Current Mana by 100 per tick
    8: Increase Worn Proc Rate by 50%
    9: Increase Melee Haste by 30%

Sadly I didn't see any noticeable improvement in proc rate on the weapon and aug procs of the primary weapon or shield. I would think folks would have noticed by now if SPA 200 do not stack (e.g. Fierce Eye at 300%) so I assume that 50% is next to nothing statistically here.
  20. Wulfhere Augur

Are you remembering that both of these abilities proc less frequently against lower con mobs and not at all against grey cons?