Sk idea

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sithsonn, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Tolzol Augur

Sk’s weak need boosts imo
    Tour, Scornfire, Sithsonn and 2 others like this.
  2. p8aa Elder

Honestly, given the level of hate there is against SK in MS, with the GL being the most hateful, I wonder how do SK are doing every day there.
    I laugh now at some paladins bringing warriors into the debate now. Seem some never learn. Last 2 years ago or so, the paladin GL of a CT guild started to make a heavy campaign linking DPS parses of warriors and SK in ADPS groups, and ignoring the DPS paladins can produce in these same ADPS groups. Guess what happened ? Devs nerfed the DPS of the 3 tank classes.. I let you imagine the bunch of pallies tears that followed...
    Where are paladins DPS parses with full ADPS ?
  3. Tolzol Augur

I meeeeeeaaaaannnnnn. I hope this post wasn’t serious?
    Liljit and Sithsonn like this.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

SKs totally need boosts. Boosts to burst dps, its the only way. Forgot the plan for a moment, my bad!
    Tolzol likes this.
  5. Sithsonn Elder

There all about about the pally not being the SK
  6. Tolzol Augur

HT on a 10 minute cooldown is the real fix tbh.
    Sithsonn likes this.
  7. Sithsonn Elder

Sounds like a fantastic idea, Tolzol!
    Tolzol likes this.
  8. Tolzol Augur

Only kind i have my dude
    Sithsonn likes this.
  9. tyrantula Elder

While we all know that will *never* happen, our dps is still trash-tier without blessing of the faithful. Basically, without a perfect storm of events, paladin dps is crap. Healing is okay/fine. But literally a paladin can be benched this entire expansion except for Mearatas.

Literally every raid besides mearatas can be beat without our entire class. Same goes for monks and rogues, except they can at least dps.
  10. Tolzol Augur

This can be said about any class except for clerics
    Moldar, Sancus, Xeladom and 2 others like this.
  11. Liljit Augur

Look, it's not personal. You act like it's a crusade against a person or a nerf X class. It's about balance in the game, currently it's out of balance. I'm a paladin at heart and believe in fairness. Monks had a similar change recently to a BP click iirc that was out of balance in regards to pulling aggro. And also taking zero damage in any content that was 2 years or older. You think those types of things are good for the life of EQ?
  12. Lianeb Augur

You could add Warrior to that list. For at least the last 3 Expacs. If I didn't play one I would advocate for a raid force without them.
    Orbital101 and Liljit like this.
  13. Liljit Augur

This could be said about clerics if you put a shaman/paladin in each tank group.
  14. Tolzol Augur

Then it sounds like pallies have their niche!
  15. Liljit Augur

To be a second best to cleric? We're not a priest.
  16. p8aa Elder

It's serious, it's what happened really on these boards. Look at the latest nerf done to the 3 tank classes together, and look at the threads in tank forum section at this time.

I don't think paladins are underpowered. I expressed yet my view there on why.
  17. Tolzol Augur

I just meant the part about pally dps because it is pretty garbage and they do actually have a reason to complain about it but i don’t think it should be as high as a warrior or sk by no means.
    Sithsonn likes this.
  18. Liljit Augur

And I agree, it should not be close to warrior or sk.

This was the DPS just now on a raid paladin against current content with a 2H muhbis.

/GU Radiant Fog Evening in 586s, 1,558.3m @2659289 | #11 Allayna 52621k@89796 (91039 in 578s) [3.38%] {7}
  19. sojero One hit wonder

Your post history and this statement stand at odds.
    Brohg likes this.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Really? A balance event where you're moving the mob around?

I hate to post anything, because lag has been so awful the past few months, but here are so paladin raid dps numbers on more appropriate mobs, tank group, so no group based adps, not even an SK in my groups on these events almost ever, usually nothing special other than a glyph occasionally intensity. Can see where I remembered to drop stuns from the jopal part and mem extra nukes:

Effortless Eruption of Spirit (faster burn)
    233k (65 sec)
    329k (58 sec)
    288k (64 sec)
    284k (67 sec)
    390k (58 sec) (looks like I got a lucky kill shot on the one jopal add that spawns from interminable before it dies)
    208k (56 sec) (may have been dozing off >.<)

Rustbottom, Grinder of Gears (slower kill, laggier, no glyph/intensity usually)
    143k (229 sec)
    144k (216 sec)
    145k (210 sec)
    116k (268 sec)
    111k (210 sec)
    129k (210 sec)

DPS for paladins peak right around 30 seconds, holds steady for about 30 more, then tapers off for another 50 sec or so, then drops like a rock. So stratos is about the best burn spot we can expect outside a hypothetical undead.

So I take back what I said a bit, we could use a but of a baseline dps boost, something that ISN'T affected by burns, not sure what is fair, but I think we really could use a solid 100k dps always on increase, something that won't go up much on a burn.