SK Heroic stat question.

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Durbah, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Durbah Lorekeeper

So I see a lot of people having arguments over which Hstat is the best. Half the people say Hdex and half the people say Hsta. I really don't know which to use lol. Right now most of my stat augs are focused on whatever i can get my hands on, but with this new expansion they brought out some really nice stat augs. So my question is simple. What should I focus on for my heroic stats as a Shadow Knight? I do eventually plan on raiding. But for now it's been all grouping til i get some AAs.
  2. Moldar Augur

For strictly grouping UNTIL you're ready to raid AND have almost full raid gear in every slot, I would heavily recommend Heroic Dexterity.

Most of the conversations about the different Heroic Stats come from folks already wearing raid gear and looking to maximize their characters.

Heroic Dexterity is going to be the best stat until your gear (from raiding) starts compensating for a few bad rounds, a bad nuke, and sooner or later the ability for you to start taking hits (single/multiple mobs/encounter mechanics) that would have killed you strictly wearing group gear.

At which point it is still going to be a toss up, I personally would recommend staying Dexterity (but depending on how much time/effort/energy you can/want to put into farming a whole different set of augments i.g. Type 7/8's, Type 5's) since Heroic Dexterity seems to give the best returns when it comes to playing in the group game.

However, if you feel like branching out, Heroic Stamina seems to be a popular choice as it can boost your HP pool even further (although I'm not sure by how much), or Heroic Agility since the Strike-Through stat for most raiding mobs (I think named raid mobs, not the trash so much -- **but I could be wrong**) exceeds what max possible Heroic Dexterity can prevent, however, Heroic Agility can still help you avoid some of those attacks (whereas Heroic Dexterity is just screwed). However I do want to point out that these benefits are very minor, we are talking a 1-3% difference tops.

My 2 cents, as a Shadow Knight you have an insane amount of healing directly available to you (through life taps, and other tap abilities) + (assuming you have decent raid healers) they will have 1 or more clerics directly healing you (as well as support healers i.g. shamans and possibly druids) as you call out your tanking XXX, so any MINOR benefit you would get by switching to a different stat is in a way negated by the fact that you're going to be flooded via healing (either from your abilities or others). On my personal tank (I have a warrior), I tend to focus all of type 5's into Dex, and the various augments (type 7/8) I am looking for High Dex, followed by High Agi + Highest AC

Hopefully this helps
  3. p2aa Augur

Group : HDex > Hsta > Hagi
    Raid : Hsta > Hagi > Hdex
  4. Dreadmore Augur

Sorry, serious question here, but what was wrong with the advice in all those other threads you mentioned about people saying whether HDex or HSta is better? Looks like the very same answers here, even if only two so far.
    Brohg likes this.
  5. Durbah Lorekeeper

Nothing was wrong with it, some of them I wasn't sure if it was outdated, so i asked in my servers general channel and thats where the arguing started over which stat was preffered, so i figured id ask for an updated straight answer. Was just curious i was making the right decisions
  6. p2aa Augur

If you speak of the thread in the veteran lounge section, the OP was asking feedback on non tank class.
    The question here is about a tank class.
  7. Dreadmore Augur

I get you now
    Yeah, it still is pretty much the same, at least if you sum up the consensus from each of the threads on the forums here. They are closely related to some basic in-game offense and defense mechanics too, so I don't think there will be much change from expansion to expansion.