SK Heroic Guide Badly Needed!

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Antimode, Aug 15, 2014.

1. IDotPeople Augur

Yes, but what you call being mean and rude, we SKs call bonding. If you were to see one SK tell another SK that he is lazy trash that likes humping goats for doing or not doing said action, it isn't so much elitism here as our way of saying: "My Good SK sir, if you fixed this, you could be doing an even more fantastic job than you are already doing. Have a good day my dear friend!"
  2. sojero One hit wonder

I also go by the philosophy: teach a sk to fish (search). If you give everyone everything, they don't try and figure anything out, if no one is figuring anything out, the class doesn't learn what it is capable of. If they are having a hard time of it and ask, the I certainly will help. I guess it comes from figuring stuff out for myself, and that leading to more discoveries. I understand that people need a starting point, but you also have to understand not everyone wants/is capable of making such a guide.

reminds me of a mage that can't get singles, if they were made to learn how to play their class in the first place, they would be able to pull singles :) but since they haven't had to in X amount of years, they don't want to learn now. I don't want SK's to get into the same downward slope.
    feiddan likes this.
  3. silku Augur

It always amazes me when people justify their rude, asinine behavior by saying "oh it's just in good fun."
  4. IDotPeople Augur

Always amazes me when people don't get RPing.
  5. silku Augur

I understand role playing. And if I want to role play I'll got a roleplay forum or a server. We aren't in character here. We are people asking questions. Even roleplay can be an excuse to be rude.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

I am just rude, no roleplaying involved!
  7. dancodan New Member

Good job ji-jacking his thread with your trolling.
    Get a room plz. (Not a single person alive cares, and yes, it's no use being rude online. It just reflects that you feel miserable inside, and you try to be a push over to people whenever you can. Grow some balls instead and face reality)

to the OP, thanks for this. Created a great thread which helped me out.
    I have been struggeling somewhat as a new SK and I learned quite a few things today.

<3
    RojkerBlakhjart likes this.
  8. twh412 New Member

So getting back this topic:

I just started a new Heroic SK and am boxing a Druid. Just got blood-etched gear and now am looking for other upgrades (especially my weapon since the Heroic Jumping Axe doesn't always cut it).
  9. Nihilwolf New Member

My experience with Heroic SK my be a bit different due to playing on a deserted server (rarely anything in the baz for upgrades). I also run 4 (SK, Enc, Dru, Mage) so ymmv.

I mainly ran Gribble and used the badges to upgrade as I went. Had scraped up some fear touched gear which took me to 95 badge gear, which in turn got me to latent ether. I did TBM progression to get my mirror at 92ish and then switched to TBM HA's once I hit 105, mainly "In defense of health". Gribble is very easy comparted to TBM (IMO).

Nice thing about remnants is they are tradable so your druid can pass his until SK is more stable.

Can finally take down TBM HA named for crypt hunter gear.

Did you get all your heroic HoT augs? They make a big difference early on. Most are worth going back later to get.

Tough to bring up a real tank but is very satisfying.
  10. twh412 New Member

I've been away from the game for about 6 years, so after reading some of that I'm not really sure about it. I've just been working on getting EXP in the grounds so far. Not really having much luck with it due to the fact that It's just me with my druid box. I'm guessing to get the augs you're talking about, I've gotta do the HoT progression quests. So I guess I'll work on those. I'm still not sure about these HAs, since I haven't done any yet. Might check them out soon if I get the opportunity since that seems to be one of the best ways to level these days.
  11. Wyvern Lorekeeper