SK epic prequest Broken?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beezelbub, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Beezelbub Elder

Maybe not best spot for post but any help...aquired all three items and Ritald will not take them that bastard. I read something about faction but nothing list faction or what to kill currently I am an ogre and indifferent. Any thoughts would help greatly thank you.
  2. Tensor New Member

You've probably already done these things, but make sure you went through all of the text properly to unlock any hidden quest progression flags and remove any illusion or invisibilty effects (invis should auto fade when trying to hand in items).
    1- Hail him and wait for his response.
    2- Say the keywords - "I will take on this task"
    3- Make sure he responds with his text.
    4- Try handing the items in again. (double check to make sure you are handing in the correct items)

Here's the quest link, if you want it:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3326

Good luck.
  3. Wuttever Augur

You say "I will take on this task".
    Then you collect the 3 items.
    Ancient Flamberge of Hatred
    Essence of Hate
    Stormborn Phylactery

From what I have heard, it may be you must get the switch by saying that exact phrase to him before you collect the items. However, do try to say that to him again now, and then try to hand him the items. This quest is flag oriented, and it is possible you collected one or more pieces before having the character flag which counts it as being collected. Even though you get no quest as in the Hot Zone quests, it seems to be going on under the hood.

I know this quest works. I know someone who just did it, a few weeks ago.
  4. Wuttever Augur

Yes, be sure to try going through the text again. Just because my notes say you collect the items after speaking with him, and I know that way does work, does not mean pre-collecting will not work.

It's just that I have not been involved when someone did pre-collect, to find out.
  5. Beezelbub Elder

is there a way to check if i have done the prequest before because i vaguely remember doing the plane of storm portion of it once before but it must have been 4-5 years ago?
  6. Wuttever Augur

To move on to 2.0, you need to hand in the 1.5. To get the 1.5 you need to hand in the prequest result. So you may have some item along the way. Check the quest write up and check your inventory.

As far as I know, there is no way to check where you are in the quest line without finding items, and going to each and every NPC involved and giving them the correct line and see if you get a response. You can't just hail them, unfortunately.

I also don't know if any of the quest steps are repeatable. I do know the 1.0 has large parts which are repeatable, because I had to do different pieces more than once because the NPCs ate my handins and the quest did not proceed. But that doesn't happen now, supposedly.

Edit: Check what titles you have available. Pain Lord for completing 1.0 or the prequest, for instance.
  7. EQbud Augur

Try starting on the 1.5. If you can, then you did the prequest already.
  8. Wuttever Augur

Hail Sien Kastane, in PoK, bad side, building on the "left", in a side room. Then say to her "What has been transpiring?" These quests are very picky about the dialog. But you can see if she says anything in response to your hail or your statement after you hail her. It's something, at least.
  9. Sebbina Augur

When doing any part of the 1.5 pre, 1.5 or 2.0 be careful to follow the quest path as there are hidden flags. Every so often some one in general lets out that a 1.5 or 2.0 item is on a mob, but in many cases (not all) without being flagged to that point the item can't be looted, or looting without the flag you don't get a loot credit.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

you might due a /char dump and see if you have the rewards in the bank.