SK disc question....

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Tatanka, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There are two discs for SKs which help when tanking by casting a big rune (the Mantle and Carapace lines, I currently have Tylix's Carapace and Krellnakor's Mantle).

I see they're on different timers, so one should be usable while the other's on cooldown. However, in practice, I've only been able to get Krellnakor's to go off one time after using Tylix's. The other times, no message, nothing. I click the button for Krellnakor's and nothing happens. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
  2. sojero One hit wonder

They are vies not runes, so they don't stack with cleric vie/pally vie, you just get the effects of the better one (the discs are the better ones).

they are useable one after the other in any order, just not at the same time. make sure you have the right rank on your hotbar/disc window. If you upgraded and still have the old one on there it wont fire, if I am remembering correctly.
    Krazzi likes this.
  3. aozs Augur

There can be a 1 tick delay when a disc fades before you can activate another one. Were you trying to activate Krellnakor's right as Tylix was fading?
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

By "don't stack", do you mean they can't both be on the char, or that if they're both on, only the better one is in effect?

And, either way, why will one always land, and the other one won't?

I will check, but doubt that's the issue. The one time it landed was well after I got it, and I only have rank 1.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Perhaps, I'll check this and see.

Either way, it would be nice if there was a log message telling me what's going on.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Solved.

LOL, it's a good one. This is the first char I'm using which has discs. Even then, I'm not using them much, mainly just these. This whole time, I've been assuming there's a buff put on for the disc. In the heat of battle, I would look over not see the first buff any more, assume it was up, and then try to cast the second one.

Went to test it outside of combat, and saw that the "buff" only shows in the disc bar. So, most likely, I was clicking the second before the first was actually worn off.

Thanks for the help, and I learned something new about EQ :)
    Szilent likes this.
  7. Downtoplow Journeyman

I noticed that this changed when Empres of Kunark launched on Phinny in August... Before EoK, I would have to open up the disc window and make a new hotkey when I upgraded my disc. But since EoK came out, they began to update in real time on my hotbars... I was wondering if this was an EoK thing or if it was gamewide.

Also, Shield Flash works well to transition between two types of disciplines. I like to use it right before deflection wears off in order for my mantle to take effect without getting crushed by tons of mobs.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

I am not sure, so infrequent that this comes up that I can't remember off the top of my head. I know spells do, but not sure about disc's. They might have changed recently with the auto grants of spells.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's definitely culture shock when you go from running a main character for years that never uses a disc (in my case, a cleric) to a character that relies on them (like an SK).

I would kill to have a pop-up "disc running" window on my SK (or any disc-using toon) like the casting pop-up when I cast a spell, instead of having to keep the combat window open all the time.
    Raptorjesus5 and Tatanka like this.