SK a good choice?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Excali, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Excali New Member

Hey all I have been reading alot of back and forth on the topic. I picked an sk as my main currently on the cusp of lv 95 on xegony.. Mainly my goals are primarily group content and then i would eventually like to get into raiding. With everything im reading i hear it could be really hard to get into a guild that raids as an sk? Can anyone discount or add to this? Im really just wondering if i should continue on.. or re roll to another class before i get to much further in. I do enjoy the sk class alot and enjoy the utility and tanking.. but i also want to do more than box and want to be needed in non molo. Group and raid content.. Just wondering if anyone has any input to influence my decision. I have done some raiding in the past i am just now getting back into the game. Thank you for reading my ramblings..
  2. Fohpo Augur

It'll be hard to get into a raiding guild as an SK, but they are amazing in groups. If you really want to play a tank and get into a raiding guild, play a paladin.
  3. Speathdell Journeyman

For group content I suggest the sk. I played sk and war in groupcontent and the gaming felt a bit more fluent with sk. The warrior gave me not enough options. But it depends on group setup and zone.

In general, the sk needs about 30-31000 aa points and good gear, the warrior is maxed with 24000 aa points at lvl 110 and needs normal gear to survive.

If your intent is finaly to raid it will be easier if you play and equip a warrior well I think.

Good luck
  4. Excali New Member

Thanks Ill probably roll with a paladin. Is the epic 2.0 worth getting or na for that class?
  5. shiftie Augur

Paladin 2.0 is not as game changing as the sk counterpart however it is a significant boost if used appropriately. I would say no paladin is complete without it.