Sirens Grotto

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gremin, May 16, 2016.

1. Gremin Augur

Are you saying this is live? Or waiting for next patch sir?
  2. Dral Elder

This is really awesome - however =P You might want to adjust the AOE and DS on the Icy and Watery servants. This may have been one reason they were changed in the revamp. If my memory serves me correctly, they have an undispellable DS and dragon like AOEs.
  3. Radien Elder

Drums of the Beast confirmed dropping.

Thanks for all the Bard love lately, Prathun!
  4. Radien Elder

DS is dispellable. The mobs hit somewhat hard, but by no means do they need adjusting. Singleable with pacy.
  5. Prathun Developer

Kethor, Ngreth, and some other good guys helped get this tested and hotfixed out yesterday evening.
    Syrup and Gremin like this.
  6. Gremin Augur

Aye, had a few guild groups in there last night. No confirmed drop on LJ yet but spoke to the guy on Phini who got one already.

Thanks again
    Prathun likes this.
  7. VoltrunVoltari Lorekeeper

Can confirm the DS on the Icy Elementals can be dispelled. Was just in there and didn't like the 57 point DS, and even though it says its a perma aura, SK dispel and bard dispel took it off for the duration of the fights.
  8. uk6999 Augur

Drums of the beast dropped for me tonight. Was a bit surprised it had the tambourine visual because they are drums but whatever. Really pumped they dropped! Thanks Devs!
  9. Kompakt New Member

so does this mean "Wavecrasher" drops now?
  10. Anthym New Member

I'm really excited that drums are dropping, any chance of getting them updated to be a secondary item? <3
  11. Iila Augur

Hrm? That's news.
  12. Andrea_Molre New Member

got wavecrasher.
    phi severe.
    camp for about 8+hours only spawn 1 Shimmering Sea Spirit
  13. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Ngreth! Welcome back!
  14. Prathun Developer

For progression servers, getting reports that some aspect of content's not working the way along with supporting documentation to show what's wrong or missing has been very useful. The dbg issue tracker has been invaluable to help us track down and correct many problems, some of which have been around for a decade and required some digging. Getting the most accurate data to reconstruct what's missing often comes from querying the change logs or snapshots of the game's data from years back. Is that what you mean? What are your ideas for assisting in this process? Is there anything in particular you have in mind that needs addressing?
  15. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

Prathun, Drums of the Beast should be changed to secondary instead of primary only like every other instrument in the game.
  16. -wycca Augur

There's quite a few primary only instruments in these eras. It's a legacy of the old instrument restriction to secondary slot and it blocking the primary slot as well. They introduced some unique/harder to get instruments that were primary only - which was an improvement because now you could use an offhand.

Latter instruments got changed to not block primary when in secondary, so now these instruments are undesirable in primary only. So yea, there's something like 4 of these instruments that need secondary added - a legacy of old design decisions .
  17. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

I may be wrong, but didn't all instruments get secondary added at some point?
  18. -wycca Augur

No, Classic/Kunark/Velious primary only instruments are still primary only. Haven't looked at Luclin ones, but the VT ones have multiple slots I know.
  19. Gortar Augur

I believe they should stay as is. They had a point of being primary. The point of TLPS (for me of course) is to be as original as possible. TLPs arent original, of course, but why make them less so?
  20. Anthym New Member

many instruments were changed, including Lyran's Mystical Lute which was updated to be Primary Secondary (both)

So much is different on the TLP's you can't really call it a classic experience