Sirens Grotto

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gremin, May 16, 2016.

1. Gremin Augur

I stated someone not Daybreak or specifics like Daybreak. I understand over the years things change and work is done undocumented and such.

Point I am trying to make is the removal of the drums has placed a void in upgrades for a very long period of time between expansions.

Take a whirl in SG Prathun, see if SG lives up to your standards for loot pls.
  2. Polekn Augur

Drums are still primary-only according to lucy. Back in the day only the best instruments could be equipped into primary, it meant bard could still have a weapon in secondary hand (secondary slot instruments could not be equipped with a weapon in primary). After they removed this restriction they updated some instruments to PRI/SEC slots (VP lute), but missed others (PoSky quested horn, drums of the beast). Even if they add drums of the beast back, they will lose much of their appeal unless they fix them to be equippable into secondary slot.
  3. yerm Augur

Whoa, hey, I was on your side... in this thread.
    Dither and Prathun like this.
  4. uk6999 Augur

Personally I wouldn't care if they were primary only as I would still use them. I have to admit I am a bit sad that they wont drop! Maybe we can make some modification to loot tables instead of trying to revert the entire zone?
  5. Dral Elder

The elemental that dropped the Drums of the Beast and the Wavecrasher spawned in the pool in the back of the Siren Temple - I believe the same place as the Mage Epic 2.0 mob spawns on live.

Soooooo . . . could we add both items as a random rare drop from Sirens?

If anyone knows of other items that are currently no longer dropping they could list them here.

These two are the only ones I can recall.

Would that be a difficult fix?
  6. Creedance New Member

This made me smile and laugh, thanks :)
    Prathun likes this.
  7. Prathun Developer

If it's just these two items (edit: three items, actually!) missing and they dropped from one NPC and that's the only thing that needs to be restored, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to add the elemental back in.
    uk6999 likes this.
  8. uk6999 Augur

Thanks for considering it Prathun!
  9. yerm Augur

Bundle it with Luclin release right away, please!
  10. Gremin Augur

Appreciate you taking the time to listen, discuss and compromise.
  11. Dral Elder

Awesome.

Originally, Watery Servant and Icy Servants popped in the zone - generally in the lower parts. The Shimmering Sea Spirit was a rare spawn that could pop in any of these locations.

Shimmering Sea Spirit dropped:

Wavecrasher, Drums of the Beast, and Shield of the Tsunami.

These three drops were actually low %'s as the SSS could pop in many different locations.

Later on, I believe the Shimmering Sea Spirit started popping in a single location - the pool in the back of the siren temple (where the Magician Epic 1.5 Prequest mob spawns Ravaging Tsunami Elemental). If you are looking at the SG map, it's the little light bulb part at the most northern part of the zone.
  12. Gortar Augur

Prathun, Would it be out of scope to suggest crowd sourcing data that is already accessible to the users (i.e. spawns, loot) to let us help you with data structural changes/updates so that things that require more man power than DBG currently has can be accomplished? Many of us that have played for 17 years are older/professionals ourselves. I, for one, would be happy to work part time for free to help with the game. I know a random post on a forum isn't likely to receive a strong response to the idea, but I would love to get the idea in your head.
  13. Prathun Developer

Thankfully the NPCs and treasure tables were still intact.
    Used the Mac server data to restore the elemental encounter tables and find where they used to spawn, then swapped out twenty of the bulthar and siren's spawns for elementals. All but a couple are in exactly the same spot as they were back in the day, and the couple that aren't are close.
    [IMG]
    Not sure why the elemental models aren't translucent.
    Skuz, PathToEternity, Jenarie and 4 others like this.
  14. Taroh New Member

Thanks a lot for doing this Prathun, really makes this server more fun for everyone!
    Prathun likes this.
  15. Semah Augur

That's some sweet archaeological GMing, Prathun. *thumbs up*
    Prathun likes this.
  16. -wycca Augur

Every single TLP bard thanks you for the work! <3
    Prathun likes this.
  17. Weverley Augur

I like Prathun sense of humor lol.Thanks for the hard work.
  18. Cicelee Augur

I miss those pet graphics :(

If only there was a way to make my pets look like those elementals on live servers...
    zulunation21 and Adonhiram like this.
  19. Adonhiram Augur

Find the line UseLuclinElementals=TRUE in your eqclient file and change it to FALSE. I don't know if it will work on non-TLP servers, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try ? Or do we know as a matter of fact it won't work on the other servers ?
  20. Kelandi Elder

^ it works on all servers AFAIK, been using old elementals for years.