Sirens Grotto

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gremin, May 16, 2016.

1. Gremin Augur

Hi,

So Velious opened today on LJ and of course I am in SG working on my 9th ring. So we kill a few named and NOTHING is dropping from these named mobs.

Mistress Latazura
    A rampaging Ulthork

Neither had loot....If you are going to have the revamped version of SG in game for us pls put loot on the mobs OR revert the zone to its original zone pls. Otherwise the zone is useless in most regards.
  2. yerm Augur

I would have thought mistress should still drop gems and spells? I would bug report it. In the meantime, that at least used to be the single best experience zone pre-pop (aside from ae groups) and it may not be the best thing to have it reverted to an inferior design just because a few higher-powered named don't put out yet.
  3. Gremin Augur

XP in Velious is not needed as much. So yes, I would prefer it reverted due to the items dropped in there such as drums of the beast are of much more use to people then named who drop nothing.
  4. Dral Elder

I remember camping there for the Wavecrasher and Drums of the beast. I was planning on going back to do the same again . . .
  5. Lardon Journeyman

Hi, I play alot in SG on ragefire.

First of all, Siren's Grotto is the best velious xp zone, far better then velks if you swim deep to the Siren temple. Still not as good xp as Howling Stones east wing though.

Wavecrasher does not drop (zone was revamped several times).
    Mistress Latazura doesn't drop anything.
    A rampaging Ulthork is not a named, just a rare spawn, he drops nothing.

Zone is not useful: xp, gems for quest armor, deepwater inks, items for Shawl and Ring quest. And most of all, no one ever played there, so everyone is happy to join a Siren's group and explore the zone!!!
  6. Dobs123 New Member

So no drums of the Beast - No Wavecrasher . . .

What about the bard / Enc Water Elemental shawl?
  7. Prathun Developer

There is only one dataset of Siren's Grotto.
    Mistress Latazura is not guaranteed to drop anything.
    A rampaging Ulthork is not guaranteed to drop anything.
    Tudadar likes this.
  8. -wycca Augur

Drums of the beast aren't itemized in SG anymore from all accounts =/. WTB a re-add.

Creates a rather large gap in drums for bards, you go from classic to PoP with no drums upgrade now if I recall.
  9. Progress Augur

I remember getting a shawl for my bard on Vulak. I believe it was just a random drop from a neriad mermaid. As far as the Drum of the Beast I don't believe it drops anymore. I remember doing it back in the day in late Velious and it dropped off a certain type of mermaid. I was able to chant down the mermaids in the well by staying up on a little ledge and dropping down to stick 2-3 chants and jumping back up to regen song my health back up. It took hours and hours but eventually got my Drum of the Beast. I went to check if I still had it on my original character but I must have sold it back in the day...too bad.
  10. Gremin Augur

I do not work in IT but if that is your only dataset for SG someone needs to learn to do their jobs right. The prior SG was filled with elemental mobs and now like previously stated by Wycca you have a huge gap in a loss of items for certain classes for example...

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4893

That link even shows a quote with the following:

"Formerly dropped by Mistress Latazura, confirmed to no longer drop by GM as of November 21, 2013" Can we get the drums added back as loot?
  11. Seraphim Augur

Since you are taking the time to answer SG questions, can you guys move the succor point to the actual exit because the succor point now sits on top of 2 mobs.
    Ugin likes this.
  12. Kiani Augur

Don't ask for things like that, they may just change it to be the entrance to stop people evaccing through altogether.

I'm fine with there being mobs there, it shouldn't be a fail safe way of avoiding the whole zone. And I play a druid.
  13. Gremin Augur

Its like 5 steps to zone out...
  14. Lardon Journeyman

the walrus at the succor spot are non KoS (indiff to all) but social however, only the Bulthors / Molkors are KoS.
  15. Draekon Elder

so no seahorse belts?!
  16. Taroh New Member

They are currently dropping. Sell for about 2 krono on Ragefire. I've looted about 3 myself

*wave* Draekon
  17. Draekon Elder

18. bodes Augur

It's not wise to bite the hand that feeds you patches.

Besides, it's not like saving an excel file on your desktop. If the schema evolves over many years/expansions then a backed up copy of an old dataset is not very useful. Prathun discussed this previously regarding the Nortlav the Scalekeeper issue.
    Prathun likes this.
  19. Prathun Developer

It would have been better for progression servers if the SG revamp was implemented in a separate dataset. Unfortunately, this was not a consideration when the revamp was implemented, as these changes were made long before the first progression server existed. Looks like the NPCs that drop some of the old items still exist, and the Mac server might have the original data, so it may be possible at some point to revert the zone, in part or in whole, but it won't be a simple process.

Those 2 static mobs at the succor point are non-KoS. A KoS mob can wander by and attack and the non-KoS guys will assist, so you do need to be careful. According to my fuzzy memory but also supported by the changelogs, the succor point has never changed. The actual exit is a only few steps away around the corner. We have no plans to adjust the population or the succor point to make this safer.
  20. yerm Augur

Deleting zone backups and not having originals is very certainly a poor decision by the company. Since Daybreak is not the company who was in charge of EQ at the time, and the decision to cut storage space is quite likely to have been handed down by Sony suits, blaming the current team is silly.
  21. Prathun Developer

Yer killing me, Yerm.
    [IMG]

The structure of the game's data has changed dramatically over the course of the past 17 years. It's still changing. Even with a perfect backup copy of Siren's Grotto circa 2000, there's no simple method to restore, convert, and re-integrate that data.
    Crom-Eci, Sheex, Tudadar and 3 others like this.