Sirens Grotto Mass Botting

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KnightofTruth, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Tymeless Augur

I wish then i'd have more than 14 krono :p
  2. Numiko Augur

Over at lineage 2 they have given up and you can run your toons with automated game play all day long. its built right into the client now....

and I am not saying to give up or endorse such play. I am just saying quitting EQ and cancelling your account in a snit is not a solution to the problem either. It's not going to make the botters magically disappear.
  3. feigntrain Elder

4. feigntrain Elder

Let me stop you right there. The answer is simple. KRONO. The people who pay the bills are permitted to cheat while the rest of us peasants can be banned at any moment for any reason.

Some botter was trying to buy like 38 krono on Mangler the other day. When someone is botting 40 toons and paying for them with Krono, at $19.99 a piece, that's almost $10,000 for DBG for the year, and that's not even counting how many more krono sales that botter drives by selling the loot they are farming.
  5. Kittany Augur

Here is the entire flaw in that argument. The botters are NOT paying for the krono themselves. There is server economy control and manipulation to highly encourage other people to buy kronos.

The botters themselves contribute absolutely 100% nothing to DarkPaw's revenue stream while simultaneously profiting off Darkpaw's intellectual property by reselling unused krono on third party websites.
    Ninita, Dulu and HoodenShuklak like this.
  6. Dulu Augur

Kittany is right.

There is not more 'capital' in the economy because of botters. Maybe a small percentage more, because of 24/7 365 uptime on the bots compared to human players, but those items would still be pumped into the economy anyway... OR they would simply sell for more Kronos. (I.e., if there were 50% less ITEM X, it would sell at 50% higher price)

The botters only contribution to Darkpaw is in the form of subscriptions, but you have to ask, how many natural subscribers are driven away by the presence of bots at every camp?
  7. Ninita New Member

Promoting players to deal out bans never works ever, in any game that tried it lol. There is only one way to deal with cheating scum, and it is what playstation does, if you get caught cheating there they ban your entire account along with your playstation.

So they just need to pay people to actually monitor the game, ban their ip address, account, and all that. Another way would be to require government issued I'd numbers and ban those. They could also put it on steam only and use the vac so it bans your entire steam account.

They have lots of options to ban worthless garbage scum cheaters. They dont because none of you really care, you continue to pay them money regardless if there are cheaters or not. The cheaters also end up making them money too with the subscription tokens you can buy. Also they could ip ban china and Russia and that would help.

They could do alot, they obviously do not give zero craps about the entire thing because it has been like this for a long time. I refuse to sub or give them any more of my money till they stop cheaters. I love everquest way better than say elder scrolls, but elder scrolls is on the playstation and I have never seen a cheater. It is easy to tell how bad pc players cheat too,if you compare star trek online, neverwinter, and eso economies on playstation vs the pc servers it all becomes clear.

Cheaters botters and the like are horrid people,and horrid people will try and get away with things if there are no consequence for their actions. Which is why when you get your 300 to 800 dollar console banned, and all your games deleted, people tend to go hmmm maybe I shouldn't cheat any more.

Clear to me that here on everquest there are alot cheaters, and like the guy in this post said, stop worrying about cheaters and play. Haha so that attitude is beautiful grounds for cheaters they love it when the other non cheaters dont worry about them, then they get their huge advantage and win in thier minds.

If you all unsubed and stopped paying day break and said I am not gonna pay you any more till you take care of the cheaters, the problem would be fixed in a month with a massive ban. Unless you are telling me that if they banned all the cheaters there would only be like 10 percent left haha, in which case than the players are to blame for being a bunch if filthy cheaters, and they should just rename the game ever cheating, your home for cheating.

Ulitma online has the same problem the majority of its players cheat bad, with RMT, bots, scripts, cheats and the like. They refuse to ban them and in cases protect them. They banned me once because I found a guy selling ingame stuff for alot of money he didnt even try to hide it. I linked his paypal account, his Icq number, form account name, in game names, pictures of his website, him in game talking about, I called him out in chat ect ect. They banned me for doing that.
  8. Tymeless Augur

That's all fine and good that you made a stand but in the end now you are the one not getting to play the game you supposedly love. The botters are still here. I'm still playing the game and not being effected by them at all personally. On mangler my guild is in plane of time. I'm playing the game and not running into any botters and have rarely even encountered them on the server for an entire year but they are so out of control. If it wasn't a botter holding down these few camps people are so concerned about it would be toxic no life players. Either way you still wouldn't get the camps etc. Most players like me have learned alternative ways to play and enjoy this game since the days on live to avoid these situations. Oh and I don't buy anything in the bazaar I only sell things on the bazaar. They still aren't effecting me.
  9. Dulu Augur

@Ninita

Guides can't ban. They can only kill players, teleport them, and escalate to a GM who can ban. Any actions they take are recorded and monitored by GM's.

Here is a good example.

Tymeless likes this.
  10. That0neguy Augur

Man I can't wait to see Dulu blown away by 28 mage pets.

Back on topic though, they do provide plat to the server and large amounts of it. There is only 1 way plat is generated on a server and that is through killing mobs. Not saying what's happening in SG is ok, but there is a benefit to what they do and the services they provide.
    Fraggly and Tymeless like this.
  11. Kittany Augur

That's a lot like saying, "The friendly neighborhood meth dealer is creating jobs and supporting our local economy! There is a benefit to what he does and the services he provides" :p
    Dulu, That0neguy and Tymeless like this.
  12. Beep Elder

People need to stop using P99 as a good example of volunteer guides working out. Over the years people with administrative powers on P99 have spawned mobs for their guild, favored their own guilds in disputes, created and sold items for real money.... Letting players police modern EQ would be the end of EQ. P99 has a tiny population for lots of reasons and management is definitely one of them.
    Fraggly likes this.
  13. That0neguy Augur

You're not wrong :D
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Those bot boxers are a traders best friend. It's like making free krono as a middle man just due the amount of volume of krono they need to sustain.
  15. Angered Augur

SO YOUR POSTING ABOUT A CORRUPT SERVER THAT IS WIDLY KNOWN FOR RMT AND ABUSE! I WISH I HAD SOMETHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT P99 BUT FOR THE RECORD DONT BRING THAT GARBAGE FAKE EQ SERVER WITH ITS FAKE EQ PLAYERS UP ON THIS AMAZING FORUM! ITS NOT WELCOMED AND I KNOW I KNOW SOME AMAZING PPL FROM THERE BUT THAT SERVER IS TRULY AN EMBARRASSMENT TO EVERQUEST! I HAVE 0 RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO RUN AND OPERATE THAT SERVER FOR ALL THE EVIL THEY HAVE DONE TO EQ PLAYERS I WILL NOT BE NICE ABOUT THIS AND THIS POST MIGHT BE REMOVED BUT PLEASE DONT BRING THAT GARBAGE UP EVER AGAIN!
    Fraggly and Mithra like this.
  16. code-zero Augur

Daybreak has assigned Senior Guides to TLP's ever since Ragefire and Lockjaw and I think the only TLP that doesn't have them is Coirnav.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Here is the entire flaw in that argument. It doesn't matter WHO bought the kronos that the botters are using to pay for their accounts.
    FubarEQ likes this.