Siren's Grotto 2.0

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sobmre, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Sobmre Augur

so being bored at work i was forum questing here. i re-read the thread about the next expansions collectibles dropping in meratas being little mermaid themed.

leading to it seeming like a siren's grotto 2.0

Dev's if this is correct please add a lost innocent paladin named Sobmre who was only trying to get the zone line and innocently trained a very upset group killing mermaids long long ago.
    Elyssanda and Fenthen like this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

If they put an NPC in every zone where you trained someone, I'm pretty sure there would be one in every zone...

...and I don't even know you.
    Elyssanda, Nadisia, Celephane and 2 others like this.
  3. Sobmre Augur

wrong....never trained anyone in pok
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Herodotus Augur

An oversight I am sure. :)
  5. Xerzist Augur

The real question is can you still lose aggro by hopping in and out of the water. Now true playas will remember that :rolleyes:
  6. Natal Augur

Or having to "meditate" at the zone in wall to avoid getting stun killed by the sea horses while trying to get to WW for raids. That had to be the dumbest design feature in quite a few expansion.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Wasn't the trick that you stuck yourself at the CS zone in tunnel, camped out, then logged back in a d you were at the WW tunnel?
  8. Natal Augur

No, you would stand right against the wall, then sit so part of your body was protruding through it. You would camp out then log back in again. Because you were outside the game geometry you would log back in at the safe point, which was at the WW zoneline. They have since changed that though, so you don't protrude through the wall and you can no longer use that trick

It was pretty much the only way to reach WW without dieing at the time the content was current if you did not have a group with you (or could not FD), which IMO was incredibly poor design. There is absolutely no way that having those seahorses in the way was a good idea.

Almost as bad were those sirens at then tunnel leading to SG itself, but at least with those you had a chance of making the zoneline alive.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

Stealthy Getaway ftw....oh, wait, not everyone plays a rogue.
  10. Parker Elder

I never like water zones way back when but there was something about SG, it seemed camping Fellspine was a rite of passage. Ohh nostalgia!
    Herodotus likes this.