Since DBG can't conduct polls correctly...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skipper, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skipper Augur

Since DBG can't conduct polls correctly, how about contacting the guild leaders and getting some advice before putting up a horrible poll? That six week nonsense was just not appropriate for anyone. No wonder that poll failed.

But this thread is about seeking out guidance from guild leaders on future polls. Guild leaders can probably do a better job wording polls to effectively get the TRUE opinions of the server.

You know, just care enough to put a little effort in it for goodness sake.
    Xanadas likes this.
  2. Aurmoon Augur

How are guildleaders any more qualified than Daybreak? The guildleaders are just going to push their own agenda.
  3. Skipper Augur

Exactly, guild leaders will have their guilds in mind, which is more than we are getting now. Who was asking for six week expac releases in the future? Where did that come from?

DBG qualified in conducting TLP polls? When have they proved that?
    Simone likes this.
  4. Zivix Journeyman

That's what the majority voted for way back before these servers ever launched. Stop beating a dead horse. The majority has spoken.
  5. Tris Augur

No matter how much the guildleaders sucks, they cant possibly do worse than dbg. So this is a win
  6. Tuiv Journeyman

They just need to make a new vote, and have it clear cut.
    a) Unlock after 3 months
    b) Unlock after 6 months
    c) I don't care.

The previous wording was just way off. I think it was
    a) keep it the same
    b) I don't care
    c) Unlock 3 months, then 6 weeks at GoD (wtf is this?)

Essentially if you think "Keep it the same" since kunark unlocked after 3 months, that's keeping it the same. There was no mention at all about this 6 month option anymore. This is really going to hurt the server and game as a whole.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Guild leaders only represent a small portion of the population at a time - and while larger, still likely not a majority of the population even assuming all guild leaders agreed.
  8. FurySoul Augur

How is that difficult to understand? I don't play on your server and even I can understand what the voting options mean.
  9. Gragory Journeyman

10. FurySoul Augur

considering you guys were on a 6 months , with an early voting option going on; it doesnt seem all that confusing to understand that the vote was 6months (keep it the same) , I dont care , unlock votes every 3 months until GoD and every 6 weeks GoD and beyond.
  11. pimenttoncheese Elder

The post above yours literally points you to the confusing language that describes "say the same" as a 3 month option, it even includes a link and everything.
  12. pimenttoncheese Elder

a "return to 6 month" and a "adjust it to a faster track" is clearly ambiguous language but leans towards people thinking we were already on a 3 months expansion track.
  13. FurySoul Augur

you realize you are talking about ragefire correct? Because i am only talking about Lockjaw.
  14. pimenttoncheese Elder

Well yeah I am, because this thread is about ragefire, and this thread is discussing the ragefire vote..
  15. Gragory Journeyman

The 1st post you quoted was talking about ragefire
  16. Vaclav Augur

Why is that? EQ is relatively bug free at this point (there's some but few enough that anything serious effects a minor amount of stuff) - and beyond bugs players on current servers [primarily instanced] rarely need to reach out for CS to help out with things.

I'm sure there will be occasional hiccups, but that's just going to be a matter of a miss getting fixed after a bit (which they've tended to be pretty quick with fixing, contrary to your implication - even things that were thought to be "impossible" like queues were fixed quickly).
  17. FurySoul Augur

I suppose it is, however it was an easy mistake since the OP didn't specify. Both servers had voting going on at the same time.
  18. Poydras Augur

They are doing and offering precisely what they said they would all along.

Both servers are operating according to the "maximum nostalgia" timeline which is generally 6 months for big expansions till GoD, then 3 months each after.

There was a poll for one-time early Kunark--which failed--but they decided to do it anyway on Ragefire only. At that time they also said they would offer an option to accelerate unlocks on ragefire which is the current poll.

The current, i.e. Maximum Nostalgia, schedule is 6 months per expansion till GoD, then 3 months per expansion.

The poll offered double speed: 3 months per big expansion till GoD, then approximately 1.5 months (i.e. 6 weeks) per expansion after that. It failed meaning Ragefire still chose the maximum nostalgia track instead and the one-off of kunark really was just a one-time early unlock.
  19. Abracadabra Augur

This doesn't mean their business model for these servers should not change (regardless of whether or not they were awful from the start). Business models change to be aligned with the economy. When clients start leaving in droves, it typically means somethings wrong and it should be immediately rectified.
  20. Vaclav Augur

The irony of saying this immediately after critiquing the NoBox/Instanced concept.... my sides...
    frankie78227 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.