Since 6,000 items now have the Quest tag, anyone found anything unexpectly marked as Quest?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tnexus, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Thanks to everyone that liked the Deklean Korgad quest being solved and whoever else that got a kick out of it. I'd been working on it for a few months and just happened to be away from home the patch Tuesday that added the quest tags. Worst 9 days ever away from EQ.

Previous to the patch I had been in zones adjacent to the Deep. Collecting drops and handing them to him. Even tried the Thought Horror Scalp. Thinking maybe he wanted parts to make a thought horror outfit or temporary illusion. Rogues already had an illusion drop from Luclin so a temp illusion seemed a possibility. Then I got the bright idea of checking vendors and examining drinks. Lower echo caverns seemed ideal with the hidden area with merchants and guild masters. The Deep Cavern Bourbon stood out more with its'This is a very persuasive drink' more than the quest tag that had been added. Bought more than I needed. Headed to the Deep and handed one to Deklean. Almost myself when he said something new and took off and started swinging at stuff. Giggled like an goblin as I followed and started clearing the way.

Anyway it was a very satisfying feeling. I even sort of rewarded myself by clicking on my Endless Worms while in trickster illusion. Instant bliss later when I used a camera view and saw my little floating jesters crown in a globe over my head like a Norrathian version of Isaac Hou. Now I just need a Cyr Wheel mount to roll around in and tumble off of cliffs and stuff. Oh and it can only work with the Daft Trickster Illusion.
    Drusi likes this.
  2. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Found another partially solved quest. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2310 is the result of a quest known as the Hollow Skull. Hyrill Pon in Freeport has a brother named Yiz Pon. Anyway I have 2 finished jeweled skulls on hand and one unfinished. It now has the quest tag on the jeweled skull. I am not eager to try to hand this in to Hyrill Pon as it seems he is now a bit touchy about some of his trigger phrases. Hyrill Pon is I believe primarily on Knights of Truth faction. Yiz Pon seems to be MIA. Caninel for the Paw of Opolla is also missing from West Karana along with his two gnoll guard friends. They aren't connected as the Paw of Opolla has no quest tag added to it.

Handing in the jeweled skull to the remaining Pon brother might or might not get anything. With the addition of the Epic 1.0 quests there were also some elements that were for the original Fiery Avenger that were closed off/npc's removed as they wanted to save the unfound/unsolved quest arc for a later day.

Or maybe the jeweled skull gets handed in with another item or three. The Glowing Black Stone has/still has a quest tag. Now you can see where it might get a bit iffy handing items in to test an npc response. I doubt many out there have even one jeweled skull.
    roguerunner, Drusi and Egat like this.
  3. Egat Should have stayed in Halas

I love what you are all doing!
  4. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Well I did it. I made a paladin to pursue the Hollow Skull/ Skull of Wun Toque quest and follow up on everything in the note from Yiz Pon to Hyrill Pon. Found Yiz up about a day or so after I finished the Soulfire.

Did not find Yiz at the same spot I had found him years ago! Never turned in the note when I did it back then either. Had the gems and did the combine and didn't follow up.

Both the note and the skull handed to Hyrill Pon during double faction gave some very nice faction increases for a paladin. So I am still left wondering if this quest was fixed recently. It seems like an odd reward for a quest that gives some sweet paladin faction. Add on top of that giving the note to Hyrill Pon increases Commons Residents which doesn't do much. It bumped the paladin from indifferent to amiable during double faction and he still gets told to mind your own business bub by Hyrill.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=39

Tracking down some other items and what quests they go to. Finding vendor sold items that have been overlooked. A Father Jack Hackett would say 'Drink, drink, drink, drink!'

Norrathian citizens will empty some drinks you hand them faster than he can. And Luclin and anywhere else they have booze.Give 2 Brandy to Micc Koter and it gives you the lead in for the Paw of Opolla quest. No faction increases and you had better be at least dubious with the Circle of Unseen hands. That explains the quest tag on the brandy. A few more drinks to work on. A few drinks also that appear to be quest drinks that have no tags. I'll work up a list later and explain my reasoning.

Considering volunteering on Allakhazam but nervous at the idea. Not sure if I would have the time or what I would be doing or how much.
  5. Captain Video Augur

My guess is there's bound to be one quest you don't really want to do.

"Nuns! Reverse! Reverse!"
  6. Tadenea Augur

7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Ohh. Keep digging.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I scoured Cabilis and Overthere and didn't find any new questgivers, at least none had hail responses that were unrecorded. I also tried to give those 2 items to everyone in the OT outpost but nobody reacted, though it is possible that Indifferent faction isn't high enough to cause a response. I -REALLY- hope these are "always up" NPCs and not new rare spawns as I don't have the energy to kill every static mob for 24hours and hope something special pops out (hi Pained Soul) or NPCs that can be killed by random zone trash and not respawn for hours and hours (hi Squire Fuzzmin).

The closest 2 potential candidates I found for new quests were Klok Denip in East Cabilis and High Priest I'Xar in Overthere though neither seemed to go anywhere unless there's a breadcrumb missing somewhere.

I found this ?new? guy, wandering around The Hole. He drops the 2 old scrolls that had been brought up in the issue tracker as having no known use so the fact that he suddenly appears may mean their quests were fixed, neither unfortunately have any item lore indicating where you might take them.