Since 6,000 items now have the Quest tag, anyone found anything unexpectly marked as Quest?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tnexus, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Tnexus Journeyman

I found that a Rage Filled Gem is tagged for a Quest. No idea where to even start with that if people want to play around with it.
    Prathun likes this.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Tnexus Journeyman

Ah, duh. Dunno how I missed that when I was looking that up. Good catch.
  4. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

5. ModRanger Lorekeeper

There is

Ancient Lore of the Future
    Ancient Lore of the Past
    Ancient Lore of the Present

I believe these items belong to a POP back flagging quest, so to start the quest you probably need some combination of POP flags.

I believe the NPC these three items are supposed to go to is "Ronar Flametip" in Tranquility, outside the Plane of Fire.

My mage has Saryrn, Mith Marr, Rallos, and Sol Ro flags, I will run around the POP zones and see if anyone responds differently to me.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So those Lore pages drop in BoT, Torment and Tactics. Upper tier PoP zones. If it is a bypass flag, the logical choice would be a higher tier zone. Sol Ro already has a quest. Maybe Elemental Planes then? Maybe Time (which already has an alt key) due to the name of the items?

I'd guess more likely it's just a quest with an item reward though.
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Since the team said that "thousands" of items got the quest tag added to them, that makes me think that surely there is no way that could have been done by hand. I could be wrong, of course. If that is the case, I'm still concerned these could be false positives - quest items that are meant for a quest that either doesn't work or wasn't implemented.

I still hope to see old quests solved and new quests discovered, though!
  8. Siddar Augur

Try giving to Zeb after Quarm dies in plane of time.
    ModRanger and roguerunner like this.
  9. Tnexus Journeyman

Based on their item number, they definitely imply a backflag. I wonder if it's similar to Odean in Plane of Disease who is an implied quest giver but is currently broken.
  10. ModRanger Lorekeeper

Odaen isn’t broken, you just need a certain combination of POP flags before he’ll speak to you.

You need Saryrn flag and must have completed Veriok Dreik’s two quests

Alternate PoP Flag: Bypass Keeper of Sorrows
    Alternate PoP Flag: Bypass Grummus

At the end of the second quest Veriok says

[Mon Aug 15 18:46:38 2016] Veriok Dreik says 'Great work Zyrey. Now head into the Plane of Disease and find a dark elf that goes by the name of Odaen. The last I heard he was closing in on completing his task. Assist him in anything he needs.'

[Mon Aug 15 18:54:46 2016] You say, 'Hail, Odaen'

[Mon Aug 15 18:54:47 2016] Odaen says 'Veriok sent you so you must be good. I've been scouting the plane for a few days now and what I gather is Bertoxxulous uses four [soldiers] to spread his plague. If we can kill all four of them we stop the threat of his plague spreading throughout Norrath.'

[Mon Aug 15 18:54:53 2016] You say, 'soldiers'

[Mon Aug 15 18:54:53 2016] Odaen says 'I have three of them scouted out but I was never able to reach the fourth one myself. Down there in the caves Rallius Rattican seems to spread disease. Head there and assassinate him while I prepare for the other three. Report back to me with proof of his death when you have done that.'

Hand in Rattican's Tooth

[Mon Aug 15 18:55:46 2016] Odaen says 'Veriok was right, you are good. There are three more guardians we need to kill. The first is the Decaying Lightcrawler. It patrols outside the castle area and it likes to spread decay when you least expect it. Past him, Gryme the Crypt Keeper guards the door to the castle. Defeat him and enter the castle. Aramin the spider guardian will be the final guardian waiting for you. Once they are dead meet back here with me and bring me proof of their demise.'

[Mon Aug 15 18:55:46 2016] You gain experience!!

Hand in
    Leg of the Spider Guardian
    Chunk of Gryme
    Decayed Lightcrawler Leg

[Mon Aug 15 18:56:23 2016] Odaen says 'We prevented Bertoxxulous from moving forward with his plans. Now let's get out of here. Speak with Veriok in Tranquility and let him know we have succeeded. Perhaps he has more work for you.'

[Mon Aug 15 18:56:23 2016] You gain experience!!

You receive “Key to the lower depths of the Ruins of Lxanvom” (Carprin Flag) on keyring and the Bertoxxulous flag.

This leads in Veriok’s Hedge/TT bypass quest
    Dzarn and CrazyLarth like this.
  11. Angahran Augur

I'd love to see a listing of quests that have never been completed.
  12. Ducreux Augur

Courtesy of Dobs123 on the TLP Forums:

Selo's Drums of the March AND McVaxius Horn of War classic instruments now have the Quest Flag.

Dragon's Blood Earring (Lore, Droppable version) from Yelinak has quest flag.
  13. Tnexus Journeyman

Interesting that all three are dragon drops. My best guess would be something from Kael?
  14. YellowBelly Augur

15. Ducreux Augur

Arena Ticket in Kael.

Can be bought from Bjorak Stonefist for 11p in the Arena section of Kael with enough Kromzek faction and then turned into Vkjor in the same area to start a gladiatorial match in the center of the arena.

Mobs that can spawn all seem to be very low level and generally will 1 shot eachother then despawn shortly after. Each drop a different "XXX of the Gladiator" type of weapon, (LORE, NODROP, TEMPORARY None/None) and minor cash.
  16. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Wow, is this our first confirmation? Awesome find!
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I decided to look through my bank to see if the few items I have kept for... ever have become quest items.

We all know of the infamous Terrorantula. What on Norrath was its special Gargantuan Tarantula Leg for? Well, turns out nothing, it doesn't have the quest tag after the patch. (Someone at Daybreak should do something about that!) I don't have the heart on me, maybe someone can check that.

Eye of Petrifin - one of those very rare Rathe Mountains named. It dropped the very nice Granite Bracer, but also his eye. Doesn't have the quest tag.

Gnawfang's Pelt - a named lion in South Karana that dropped his pelt and fang. I don't have the fang, but the pelt doesn't have the quest tag. Does anyone have Cracktusk's two tusks so they can be checked? I thought I had those, but I can't find them.

Noble Dojorn in Plane of Sky dropped the Torc of Veeshan . Lore, No Trade, its gotta be a quest item since Plane of Sky is nothing but quests, right? Unfortunately not, it doesn't have a quest tag now either.

I wish I had more interesting news to share. An example of a quest item we knew was for a quest, but didn't have the Quest tag until now, is the Efreeti Standard .
  18. Tadenea Augur

19. Ducreux Augur

Large Velium Candy Jar

Purchased from Bendad the Trader in the questgiver area behind KTs throne in Kael for ~570pp.

6 Slot container WITHOUT a combine button. Now has the Quest flag.
  20. Eanelder Augur

Instead of wasting time trying to figure out what quests these 6000 newly flagged quest items belong to, given that many are likely are bugged or just broken and the stats are likely not relevant to the current game, how about someone in power (a DEV?) just go through the list of rewards for unsolved quests and identify and share reward items that might have value for current players. At the same time they can confirm that the quest can actually be completed.

The community can then try to work backwards, perhaps with some hints, to try and solve them. Of course the value of a reward can be subjective, but I would think items with Click Effects (illuson, invis,ivu, cure click, lev etc) could be a good place to start. Heck, if there are any unsolved items, is there any reason why an era appropriate effect couldn't be added?

Wouldn't even have to be a full list of unsovled rewards, maybe make it a monthly content feature with a monthly forum posting with clues as to where to start and the posting (or even just a hint) of the reward.
    Sasquach of Maelin likes this.