"Simple Belt for Crescent Reach" tradeskill quest

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zujilli, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Zujilli Elder

So I went and picked up the first tailoring quest called "simple belt for crescent reach" from Tailor Nabirye. She is supposed to give me a yard of rough cloth and 20 simple belt patterns. When I first picked up the quest, my bags were full so I had to delete the items she gave me, run to the bank to make space, come back to get the items again. I asked her for more supplies, but this time I only got the simple belt patterns and didn't get a yard of rough cloth. I dropped the quest, deleted the belt patterns, logged out and in again, picked up the quest and still only got the belt patterns after starting the quest and asking for supplies again. I even tried to find and buy a yard of rough cloth from the tailor merchant nearby, but that person didn't have any. I guess I could always try and find some or buy some from the bazaar if I need to.

I've searched for info about the quest on google to see if I'm missing anything or doing something wrong, and from what I've read I'm supposed to get the materials I need from Nabirye to start the quest. Maybe deleting the yard of rough cloth the first time messed up the quest, even though I've tried dropping it and picking it up again. I'm just wondering if any of you have seen this problem before and might know what to do about it. Thanks for listening to all of my clueless newbie rambling. ;P
  2. Brohg Augur

My idea is that you're only being given the patterns because the cloth is still buried in your bags somewhere.

You can use the /output command to make a searchable text file on your computer of your inventory contents, maybe that'll help you find it.
    Aanuvane and Borek-VS like this.
  3. Yther Augur

4. Zujilli Elder

Thanks everyone for your feedback and suggestions, I appreciate it. :)

Ok, so I checked my bags and bank several times and I did a /output for my inventory...here's where it gets weird. It says: General7-Slot1Yard of Rough Cloth but I do not see it anywhere. In slot 7 is my mixing bowl, I've even right clicked the mixing bowl and looked to see if it could have somehow gotten stored in there. I've checked and rechecked my inventory and bank, going over every slot and still do not see it. I feel like I'm going crazy. :/
  5. Zujilli Elder

This is really weird...I tried deleting my mixing bowl just on a whim to see what would happen, and after I deleted the bowl I was able to get the rough cloth from Nabirye no problem. o_O
    Wayylon likes this.
  6. Diptera Augur

Just a note in case you weren't aware - the tradeskill containers (mixing bowl, sewing kits, etc), can be opened in one of two modes - one in which they behave like a normal bag, and "tradeskill mode", where they can be used to quickly make items by selecting from the list of known recipes.

When in "tradeskill" mode, the bag will not show any of it's contents, as those slots are used to display the components used for the current combine you're trying. It sounds like you may have been opening the mixing bowl in this mode, and so not seen the items actually being held in there.
  7. Yther Augur

Ctrl+Right-Click opens it in a different way than just Right-Click.
    Haphazardalure likes this.
  8. Zujilli Elder

Thanks Diptera and Yther, I had no idea that I could open/view the bowl as a container! I thought it only functioned in "tradeskill mode". Mystery solved! :)
  9. Brohg Augur

When tradeskill containers are in tradeskill mode, you can click "Experiment" to get to the old-style view.
    Yther and Haphazardalure like this.