Silly stances question...

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Tatanka, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, my SK just got stances, and I see that they can be disabled.

My question is, if it enhances however you're set up (S&B vs. 2HS), why would you ever want to turn it off?

Thanks!
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

There probably aren't a lot of situations where you'd disable them. I've really only done it once when I was in worse gear and doing some large pulls in older zones. I'd disable stances so I could still use 2hander for increased damage without taking extra increased damage.
    Dre., Wulfhere and Tatanka like this.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

I wonder - since the change to riposte, the negative chance to dodge/parry nerf might actually improve riposte rate? Strictly talking rip rates of postnerf 2H vs D.Prof vs no stance. Obviously you'd take more hits, DPS and damage.
  4. Zalamyr Augur

From memory, parry is checked before riposte, dodge is checked after. So theoretically the reduction in parries would offer more chances in riposte.

Although I also remember the "return kick" style ripostes actually checked before parry (I recall having them rarely pop up during WS), so I have no idea if the order of any of that changed when they made all the various changes to riposte over the years.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

One thing to be aware of on stances is that they do not always refresh the buff after zoning/rezzing, so it's worth hitting your bandolier key after a rez/etc.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

and if you have both the Wurmslayer and Skull of Null equipped, only one of them will rebuff on zoning/rez. You have to reequip the one that fails to retain both buffs, every single time (QOL issue!).