Silken Trillium...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheex, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

So over the last couple of weeks I've been trying to camp the Silken Trillium clicker from bixie HA's in t1b, specifically the Thunder Gun mission and Gellwing.

After having run it 250+ times now, and killing the named 23 times, still haven't gotten the drop, which I'm figuring is bad luck but still probably not that far from the norm given similar posts on the evoc aug rare from wk t1b. Two questions:

1. Just because I'm paranoid, has someone gotten one of these recently? Just wanting to make sure it's not a Grael-like situation where for some reason it's MIA and I'm not literally wasting time, as opposed to figuratively.

2. Am I alone in absolutely loathing named (for hunter and/or drops and/or rares) being restricted to HA only? I realize in this case since global bixie isn't a "real" zone with content of its own but rather an instance hub it's not possible, but just curious if others feel the same way. Hoping this isn't a trend in the next exp, but maybe I'm in the minority.

Just curious other folks exp with this. Thanks (and wuah)
  2. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

I lucked out on the rare drops, or so it would seem.

I am pretty sure I had the Silken Trillium drop on the first named in the first t1b Bixie mission I did. I wasn't sure what it even was. I do not recall having to do any Bixie mission more than three times to finish hunter, and most of the named were up on the first try. I only saw the one Trillium. I did have the Conjure augment drop doing t1a hunter too.

In Dead Hills, by the time I finished hunter which averaged three missions to get the named to spawn, I saw 3 or 4 Blood Drinker's Coating. The only difficult part with named in Dead Hills are the missions that have three different named that can spawn, meaning you need to repeat these a lot more usually. In those missions I never killed the named if it wasn't one I needed, as it was a waste of my resources since I was running solo.

In Karana, I had the Evocation augment drop after about 6 named when I was actually just trying to farm it. I saw it again later when I did hunter. The named spawn rate was a little better than 1 in 3.

Neriak was similarly about 1 in 3 for named. I am not sure there is any rare drop in these, if there is, I did not see one by the time I finished hunter.

The named spawn rate was pretty much 1 in 3 across the board from what I experienced. All of the rare drops were greater than a 10% chance in my case too.
  3. Romance Augur

I find that if I go into something saying "I don't even want it that much." It'll drop. It's like when you go on a first date, you can't be looking for loot to drop right away, but sometimes it does.
  4. juddor Elder

ive done that mission about 150 times, with about 25ish or whatever named kills... no luck either... ya im paranoid also.

Took a break from trying to get it.
  5. Makavien Augur

Did the missions for the named and the collections then came back and did thundergun escape like 4 times and it dropped for me like right before argin hiz came out.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yeah, ironically I got one for my main while doing original hunter/shiny farm, and didn't really think much about it. Now that I'm going back it's been like pulling teeth.

Mainly was hoping someone could confirm they've had it drop recently-ish, in case there's some bizarre bug preventing it from appearing other than unlucky rolls with the rng.
    Romance likes this.