Silent casting broken?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fuzsy, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Fuzsy New Member

ok, i got all 5 ranks of silent casting, if i read the script on it right 20% x 5 ranks = 100% agro reduction. so why is it when i pull a massive ripo with my tank, and then pop Silent casting on my clr (before he has ANY AGRO, he's still at rest) then start healing the warrior (before the ripo goes off) do the laggers that are running behind GO FOR THE CLERIC. i should be on the absoulte BOTTOM of the hate list if im getting 100% agro reduction.

Is this ability worded wrong? is it broken? or am i missing somthing?
  2. Tarrin Augur

From what it sounds like, the laggers that are running behind merely have proxy aggro on the war. Pretty much ~anything~ is more aggro than proxy.
    I am under the impression that even though SC maxed says its 100% reduction, its more like 99.9999%, since you have to have at least 1 "aggro point"..hate..whatever you want to call it...to be in combat. And you, generally speaking, have to be in combat once you start healing.
    I am probably not explaining in the best technical terms, and I am sure someone will come behind me and explain it 10x better.
    Or maybe I am completely wrong!
  3. Cloudia Augur

Sounds right to me, but think it reduces hate by a fraction so instead of generating 20 hate for an action you now only generate 10. If you increase your damage output by 100% you have doubled it, if you reduce your hate by 100% you have halved it. There is no way you are going to get an AA ability that means you are in effect totally invisable to mobs for it's duration no matter what you do to them.
    Prox agro or the looky loo mobs have always peeled if they come close to somebody that draws their attention and/or is high on their racial hate list.