Shrouding Speed Discipline

Discussion in 'Melee' started by NoRedeem, Feb 16, 2017.

1. NoRedeem New Member

Do any rogues actually use this ability? It shares the same timer as Twisted Chance, but has double the cooldown thus locking out Twisted Chance and basically relegating this discipline to never being useful in any situation.

I'm hoping a dev can respond and take a closer look at this ability. This discipline was given to us in TBM and is worthless. Please post ideas/suggestions on how to make this a viable discipline for rogues.

Obvious answer is give this ability it's own timer that is not shared with any other disc's, but I still think the disc needs more power in order to make it viable.
  2. segap Augur

It's useless. First, the 20 minute cooldown vs. the 10 on TC. Second, if you have a beast when burning, you'll get nearly the same HHE from Ruaabri x2 if they force a refresh and then you get some HHE from Quicktime and Beast dicho, not to forget RF although those last three are much less.
  3. Brohg Augur

Strike Fury from Etherium Strikes AA also HHEs rogues. The on-demand nature of a disc sure would be nice, if it didn't come at the cost of locking out an actual good disc.
  4. Belexes ForumQuester

Pardon my ignorance... what is HHE?
  5. Brudal Augur

6. Belexes ForumQuester

Thank you!
  7. kyong Augur

This disc was previous doing double the agro reduction before it was patched. Can't remember exactly when but it was around a year or so I guess.

As a rogue I was able to use this disc to solo some TDS missions that had NPC's in the mission that acted as your friends and would tank. I could pretty much use this disc in a burn and never pull agro while the NPC tanked....hehe.
  8. Dropfast Augur

Yea that's typical for Rouges / Monks. They give us some new disc then throw it on a timer with something better so you can never use it... That was brought up when it was introduced but as usual the devs just ignored it. /shrug:(
  9. NoRedeem New Member

Bump! Come on Dev's fix this worthless discipline
  10. segap Augur

My suggestion would be changing the timer to -1 and making it not take a combat abilities slot so that it can run with other discs active. It's barely better than Ruaabri, so absent a beast, letting it stack with our burn doesn't make it over powered. Would give us a boost outside our initial burn if we do have a beast. Considering where Zerkers are currently compared to us, I doubt that it would be unbalancing. Especially if left on a 20 minute timer.
  11. Brigand311 New Member

12. Zolis New Member

I like Segap's suggestion the most. If we can't get it to be cast with another skill, just please put it on a new timer. Especially since there's a lot of raids in EoK where we can't use Razor's Edge because of the increase in damage taken. Have to use lesser discs to even try to make up on the dps loss of not being able to use that when other burns are down.