Shroud of Stealth and collectables. Unfair advantage.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by YellowBelly, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Natal Augur

Should be fairly simple to make looting a collectible the same as looting anything else, which is to say it breaks invis of any kind.

That would resolve the issue.

On EQ2 if you want a collectible you have to kill anything that is standing around it, since they have a looting timer which will be broken by mobs attacking you as well. That would be a sensible approach to implement in EQ as well. There should not be free lunches for anyone, especially when it comes to stuff that is potentially valuable such as the rares.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Tugroka like this.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

What free lunches are you speaking of? Rare what?

I have an idea...how about we get DBG to fix things that need to be fixed, like the rez bug, necro dots, and other things, and stop worrying about silly little **** like this? No one is getting free lunches here. It isn't like people are going to suddenly start rolling up rogues as FOTM just to go loot ground spawn collection items. There aren't many of us out there, certainly not enough of us to make this an issue that needs some emergency, immediate attention.

How about people stop worrying about what some other class can do that you can't.

That would resolve the issue.
  3. Thrillho Augur

SoS > Find collectible > Drop invis > Collect > Re-SoS. Mobs don't react immediately upon seeing someone drop invis / stand from FD. You would be able to drop / re-invis in a moment. This isn't a solution, it's an inconvenience.

The majority of the rare collectibles that actually sell well aren't the ones that are ground spawns. They're the ones that are dropped.
    Tatanka and Sissruukk like this.
  4. Riou EQResource

Looting doesn't break invis though if you use the advanced loot window. So they are the same :p
    Thancra, Hiladdar and Tatanka like this.
  5. Axxius Augur

In before somebody notices that Bards get double invis in RoS (and can Fade past the few see-invis mobs) and cries a river about 'unfair advantage'. :D
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

My experience was so over powered they want me to get 110 again!
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

*starts to flip tables and shout expletives*
  8. Ratbo Peep Augur

I nominate this for the "Post of the Year Award" - 2017
    A 2nd nomination for "Most aptly named Character - 2017"
    -Rat
    Tatanka, FarkenHostile and Cloudia like this.
  9. FarkenHostile New Member

As a rogue I give out those collectables that I loot. Just 2 days ago I sent a bunch to a friend and then dumped the rest into the guild bank. My "advantage" helps people.
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. Shimmerleaf Augur

I can barely believe anyone is replying to the troll.
  11. Natal Augur

Each set of collectibles has a rare, and that rare usually sells for large amounts of plat in the bazaar.

The ability of rogues to collect these items freely and with no risk whatsoever is essentially a license to print free plat that no other class has. There is no good reason why rogues alone should be able to do this. It is simple to fix, just make the collectible (or any ground spawn for that matter) act like any other lootable item, and break invis/sos/whatever when it is looted. If you want it, and there are mobs around it, you should fight for it, not get it for free.
  12. Natal Augur

To use the advanced loot window you have to be visible to kill the mob that drops the loot in the first place. So they are not the same.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Natal Augur

And the ones in the hard dungeons, which means that you need a rogue to do enough collecting to complete sets unless you are prepared to kill crawl your way through over and over. I do have a rogue alt, and without him the only sets that actually would be completed are the kill ones, so I know what I am talking about. It is a completely unfair situation that gives rogues a free pass to print plat basically.

Guild rogues hand out entire sets to people who otherwise have a hell of a time completing them because they have to kill past all the see invis to reach them.
  14. Natal Augur

It is not trolling, it is a legitimate complaint. Why even bother having collectables at all if one class gets a free pass due to it's unique abilities? Collectables are a mechanism to introduce content to the game and an incentive to explore, but as with all content it should be associated with risk, and when there is zero risk for the bulk of it that mechanism for adding content is cheapened.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Can we about Cleric divine rez its so unfair I cant do that......
    Shimmerleaf, Hiladdar and Belexes like this.
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Really, now...
    Unless one is using cheats, even if "he has the timing down", there are still more possible spawn points than spawned collectibles at a time.

Asking for wht you did is just plain stupid - because of some side-effect to nerf a whole classes "defining" ability - or one of them anyways - these days? (scouting, corpsedrags etc)
    Of COURSE you are aware of the possible side effects that might have.
    Which is why i think you're just stupid for asking this despite (that you should be) knowing better!

I for one am GLAD the SoF / Bloodmoon Keep days are OVER!
    Shimmerleaf and Belexes like this.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

No it's NOT!

What the HECK are you talking about?
    I am WAR, and i have picked up -with my WAR - far more ground spawned collectibles than i did with my ROG that i used to scout the new zones.
    Shut it already, PLEASE!
    Tatanka likes this.
  18. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Its unfair that rogues can do more damage to a monster simply because they are behind it. Why can't all classes do that? Devs, please fix.
    Diani, Axxius and Belexes like this.
  19. segap Augur

I'd be more than happy for them to just get rid of collectibles altogether.

Yes, I'm a rogue. And, no, I don't take advantage of this. I have far better things to do with my time than wandering around picking crap up. It's boring. On top of that, the inventory management required is yet more boredom.
    Xeladom, Yinla, Tugroka and 1 other person like this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

No, you absolutely do not. Posts like this are why we need a dislike button.

If you can’t get any groundspawn shiny sets done without a Rogue, the only cause of that is pure, unadulterated incompetence.