Shroud of Stealth 2/2

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wandid, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Wandid Journeyman

Has anyone figured out how to see Rouges with the new Shroud of Stealth AA upgrade?
    I am assuming that there must be a way to see them. An item? A spell/Item combo?

Anyway, please share when you figure it out!
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Someone please figure this out so I can see the goofball rogues always Stealthing in the GGH so I can buff them before raids! :p
  3. puppypaws New Member

This is making rogues pretty overpowered on zek right now.
  4. FarkenHostile New Member

5. Navin Novellus Journeyman

As far as I can tell there is no way to see a Rogue in SOS2 currently. This is totally broken for PVP.

Rogues were already extremely powerful in PVP. Previously SOS1 made rogues difficult to target, allowing them to often get the jump on others using it. Due to their extremely high damage, them getting the jump on someone nearly always results in that player's death. After the rogue gets this kill, they can then immediately go back into SOS and be hidden from any of their victim's allies who would be attempting to fight back. Even though this was extremely powerful, there were at least some ways to counter it by way of a limited number of spells / abilities which would give players See Invis (2) allowing them to see through SOS1. Most of these abilities were available only to certain classes or on items with limited charges or semi-long cooldowns, meaning all players could not simply passively or permanantly see rogues in SOS, but would have to actively be using these abilities to be able to do so if they noticed that an enemy rogue entered the zone.

With the addition of SOS2, there was no corresponding addition of spells allowing See Invis (3), essentially making this ability unable to be countered in PVP. A rogue who uses SOS2 is now untargettable, and can simply enter a zone and walk about with impunity taking their time while choosing their target. Once they kill their initial target, which can happen in under 1 second once they engage, they can then re-SOS2, again becoming untargettable to all of their victims allies. Since there is no way for players to see through SOS2 the only realistic or reliable recourse against rogues at this point is to leave the zone.

Something needs to be changed to allow some way to fight against rogues using SOS2. Some ways this could be accomplished: - Adjust SOS2 so that it only has the same effectiveness as SOS1 against player characters. - Adjust all existing spells / items which currently cast See Invis (2) to instead cast See Invis (3). This seems like it would be the simplest change. I do not know if there are currently any mobs which utilize Invisibility (3), but if not this change would have no impact on PVE. - Add new spells and items which cast See Invis (3)
  6. Axxius Augur

IIRC in one of the quests in Dead Hills mobs were using an Invis(3) spell. You couldn't see the mobs but you could see them casting it. :D

Of course an old expansion doesn't really matter anymore. In EoK some mobs (e.g. drachnids in Lceanium; probably more elsewhere) can see invis(2) but not invis(3) / SoS2.

The devs just forgot about PvP, as usual. :rolleyes:
  7. Wandid Journeyman

Well,
    You and I are in the same boat. With the "as far as I can tell" part. However, there must be a way to see SoS2 because there are at least three characters on Zek who are doing it regularly now. However, due to the nature and competitiveness of Zek they are not giving up their secret. I am not sure that all three characters are the same person, however, I know that 2 of the 3 are. So, it is only one or two people who have figured it out. Two are Rangers and one is a Necro.

I am really wondering if being able to see SoS2 is a combination of gear + spells/skills/AA. Or, if there is an item in game but not yet documented. An item that sees SoS2 may go virtually unnoticed on a non-PvP server.
  8. Caster Lorekeeper

Oh, I think you know exactly how they're "seeing" SoS2.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I wonder if you are thinking that I am thinking :)
  10. Shadowedd New Member

The fact that rog's are untargettable puts the rog back to where it should be with its class lore. For one, when a rog zones in for pvp, they are limited on what they can do by the fact that there are mage pets swarming all over it. Two, a ranger, snaring the rog, also limits its performance in pvp. Three, druids as well as rangers also have the ability to snag a rogs target and also snare the rog. Four, Shamans have the ability to see rogs with SOS. With the new FIX on rog sos putting us back where we should be, people are whinning because they think rogs are broken. EVERY class on Zek can nearly round for the most part, as far as dps classes go. So please, stop whinning because our SOS was FIXED to the way it should be, just because your main Ranger/Druid/Mage/Shaman cannot see us anymore to prevent pvp from happening. If you want to talk about broken, lets talk about mages. The fact they can sit DEEP in a dungeon, rog zones in, mage pulls rog's target, and before the rog can even get halfway to the mage, poof, a mage pet is on extended target window and within a few seconds hitting you, breaking SOS and training mobs onto you. Would you like to proceed with the topic of "Broken"? I have many other classes that should be fixed way before daybreak should consider BREAKING rog's AGAIN with giving classes the ability to see SOS.
  11. Shadowedd New Member

And don't play the we can't beat rogs cause when they get a kill they can re sos and everyone loses their target. You all know VERY well that's a load of bull. Keep QQing more, Daybreak finally gave rogs the goods they deserve and you guys are still whinning because now YOU don't have the drop on rogs anymore. GG imo, Thanks Daybreak!!
  12. Wandid Journeyman

Shadowedd,
    Did you even read the content of the post? You and I both know that at a very minimum one person in your guild is way ahead of everyone else and has figured out how to see SoS2.
    My ranger can run around the zone casting AoE spells and does get lucky from time to time with that method, however, at least two of your rangers can get targets in seconds.
    So, stop pretending that rouges using SoS2 are untargetable. They can be targeted as your guild has proven. The rest of us are just trying to figure out how. And, I am sure we will at some point figure it out. Until then props for being ahead of the curve.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Psssssssssst. They cheat.
  14. fransisco Augur

I imagine it is cheating, or that necro aura which does damage every tick
  15. Navin Novellus Journeyman

If they are actually seeing the rogues in SOS2 they are cheating. There are no items or spells in game which give See Invis (3), which is needed to see SOS2. There is a small chance of breaking SOS2 with AE's to see them, but Rogues have AA's which keep them hidden through AE's which makes this mostly ineffective.

Shadowedd - You can try to defend this as perfectly OK all you want, but anyone with a bit of common sense can see that it is terribly broken. There is virtually zero counter-play to this unless you are cheating. Sure, there are a lot of other classes that are strong, but they all have methods of counter-play. Yea not every individual class has a way to counter to every other class, but in a group setting with multiple classes, at least one of them likely does.

And yes, you can drop your target from others. Using SOS2 drops your target on any players who have you targeted. And even if this were not true, all it means is that you could zone in under SOS2, pick a target to round then insta-gate out, rinse-repeat.
  16. Hitty Augur

On the other side it is completely crank that a rogue cannot go with SoS through dungeons anymore because every freakin mob can see through SoS. That is the reason why SoS2 makes sense. Visit the Drachnid caves in Lceanium. I would call that broken of somebody calls SoS2 broken, or SKs mortal coil, or Zerkers DPSx4, or, or, or....
  17. Navin Novellus Journeyman

I'm not suggesting that they take SOS2 away from rogues. I think it's a fun addition on the PVE side of things. What we would like is that they do something to mitigate SOS2's impact on PVP. Suggestions I made were:

- Adjust SOS2 so that it is limited to the same effectiveness as SOS1 against player characters.
    - Adjust all existing spells / items which currently cast See Invis (2) to instead cast See Invis (3). This seems like it would be the simplest change, and seems reasonable if players having See Invis (3) will not impact PVE.
    - Add new spells and items which cast See Invis (3)
  18. Bahdah Augur

PvP... giggle
    Smokezz likes this.
  19. Shadowedd New Member

If they were to nerf SOS2 like they did the first one, then rog's stand no chance. You are complaining after having SOOO many expantions of being able to instantly pull a rog's target cause you all hide out of sight and drop mage eyes and instantly send in pets. The moment we rog's get an edge, you're all upset at the fact that you cant just counter us, but mainly mage pets and rangers snaring caused rogs to be practically useless. SOS2 is countering that. Now we have a chance to get inside, get the edge we need, get a kill and leave. There is no restealth because as soon as we open, we have a limited window of opportunity STILL because we know SK, War, and other Rogs will have our target in a matter of seconds. AND THEY DONT DROP THEM. So stop complaining about rogs getting fixed. Its seriously childish that you are complaining about it. Mages had a super edge with a mage pet doing all the work in pvp for one, imo VT needs nerfed. Majorly. Second, u can pull a rog target with ease and not worry about urself being in danger because you are too far away for us to have time to get to you and hit you before the mage pet destroys us. You are all upset cause you no longer have the ADVANTAGE. NOT the ability to counter. Don't make it into something it isn't. Mages were OP against rogs, and still are if played correctly (which none of wudan will ever do anymore). So please, the negative nancy stuff out the window, be a grown man, and accept the fact that you mages will no longer dominate rogs anymore. We stand a chance now, whether you like it or not.
  20. Tweak Journeyman

So people have been pulling rogue targets in pvp forever. Mages, shamans, druids, rangers, this means that the majority of groups are able to see a rogue and share that target with members in their groups. This completely defeats the purpose of a rogue being able to utilize SoS to begin with. In group pvp it all but guarantees your rogue will never actually be shrouded. There are spells/abilities for numerous classes that repell/stun rogues upon contact...classes that can rune/da through a rogues burns...classes that can round you with burns much faster than a rogue can..classes that can send a pet on you when they are nowhere near you and deep in a dungeon as someone else stated...classes that can mez you in place then strip your buffs and dot you up while they run away or even gate. Not to mention there are traps that can be put down, dots that can be landed etc that keep a rogues shroud from continuing to work. Now add to that the multiple clickies that allowed players who didn't have any special abilities to see SoS ...what was the point of rogues having shroud in the first place if literally every single pvp player can potentially pull your target.

The facts are once a rogue opens or his shroud is broken you are able to target them and keep them targeted quite easily...these people are just upset they no longer have the upper hand on rogues 90% of the time.
    Shadowedd likes this.