Shrink on key ring or AA

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vumad, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

With DBC transactions 30% off, I bought the familiar key ring. I also bought the goat, the model from Arcstone. This goat is big, and unlike my snow spider, I need to be able to shrink this guy and I am finding myself a little short on ways to do it.

Initially I thought about posting in the ENC section that it would be nice if we got a shrink AA so I don't have to load the spell. The 3 main pet classes get the AA, but then I thought about the other classes like SK and people who just have familiars.

So I thought it might be better to post here that I think the key ring should come with AA or inside the keyring itself a pet shrink / grow AA.

I think the easiest way would be for the Key Ring purchase to auto-grant a special Tiny Companion / Grow Companion AA for anyone who buys the key ring.

I can also confirm after purchasing the key ring that it is the key ring itself that allows pets to maintain illusions while zoning. Topic from a previous thread on pets.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

I was shrinking my pet before but I can't remember how I was doing it. I had a pet only clicky. I'm hoping I didn't accidentally tribute it since I haven't shrank a pet since I got the snow spider which has been a very long time. I was asking around since I can't remember what I was doing to shrink my pet without loading the spell and every answer I got was that ENC don't have an AA and that our shrink pet options (other than the spell) are the just the few that also work on players, but I've never had a shrink other PC item, only the wand of inperceptibility. Anyone know what item I might have been using?

Thanks.
  3. Raccoo Augur

4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Humanoid Reductionizer is what I use for self/group shrinkage . . . no idea if it works on pets though.
  5. Puzzling Journeyman

It works just fine on pets, most shrink clickies do unless they only shrink the owner (which is rare).
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

I swear I had a ENC clickable earring before I got the snow spider, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called to search for it or where I put it. I was definitely shrinking my werewolf pet without loading a spell. Anyone have any ideas what I might have been using so I can use the search feature?
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

Pet earrings from HoT were all/all with the shrink click that I can recall. I'm sure there were more, but I don't play pet classes so I don't know about all of them.

Trinket of the Fearful is one example.
    Vumad likes this.
  8. Nniki Augur

https://items.eqresource.com/itemsearch.php?searchid=332819
    Riou likes this.
  9. Mukkul Augur

10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, there are several of them. The very old ones are simply easier to get. All Pet earrings have had it for at least the last 10 years, if not longer.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

Except most of the earrings since then are restricted in use to nec/mag/bst (presumably so they stopped confusing not-those-classes into thinking the pet focus actually worked for them), while lots more have pets.
    Mukkul and Vumad like this.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Thunderkiks likes this.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

Thanks for the replies. I got a Curious Companion Compactor from the Baz.

I still think tiny companion AA would be a good inclusion with all pet key ring purchases.
  14. Ravanta Suffer Augur

They've been combining a lot of aa's lately (which is a good thing, many classes layouts look more like the command center of a space ship than an mmo) and have specifically said this is because the number of aa's has been approaching a game engine cap. I don't see them adding an aa for a trivial purpose such as shrinking your pet. There are so many tools to do so already.