Showing the community a little bit of love.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Metanis Bad Company

This is why we love EQ so much. 100% fail from the EQ team and the only punishment is to the players who are being thanked for their loyalty with "reduced" experience and points. With that kind of mentality the love continues to be completely one-sided.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I don't understand what you mean? :confused:
    How is fixing bugs a "fail"? and what reduced exp? there is a an exp-bonus right now...
    Is there some context I am missing?
    fransisco likes this.
  3. Kajira Journeyman

- Tsaph's Day Off (18th Anniversary) - Due to how simple the task is, the experience and point rewards for it are now reduced.

I can't complain though. It's so stupid easy to tag along and finish you shouldn't get much for it.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Ah ok, I somehow missed that...:confused:

Haven't tried that quest, was the reward way too good?
  5. Adrihaen New Member

Okay, that was harsh. It was surprisingly high so I can see why it was done but ouch. On these new 85 heroic characters it was giving about a yellow and a half (yet for some reason my old characters at that level weren't getting anywhere near that and now its reduced). Its down to less than half a blue. Not worth the time once you've done it once. I suspect if not for the bonus this month, it wouldn't be worth one go through if you even noticed it had xp. I hate to complain but these anniversary quests just aren't very celebratory. The Fippy one seems to agro the whole zone. Seriously, I pulled a single guard to both docks and each time the rest came from the whole zone that there were six before I knew it. I even checked their locations before the pull. From the farthest reaches. Seriously? Not to mention the drop rate. And the coins you get compared to any decent reward. Come on, guys. I love ya but I wouldn't mind if you just bought yourself a cake next year.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'm not getting experience by walking? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, DAYBREAK?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

In Morrow wind, one could get XP by *JUMPING!!* omgz ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Lisard Silly

yay so it went from a 5 Comm coin quest.....to a ????? 1 comm coin quest.....Fantastic....Guess ill just keep farming this magical cookie quest that nobody seems to notice...

i feel like daybreak needs to hire someone (ill take the job) to just walk around their office in a batman suit....and slap the ever living Sh*t out of anyone who comes up with stupid A## ideas.
  9. Tvarian Augur

When I did the quest, someone remarked that it would probably get reduced since it was so easy to do. Took what?, 5-10 minutes to finish it, and you got the port charm.

It needed to be reduced for how easy it was. Most of it was just following the guy from place to place and doing *nothing*.
  10. Adrihaen New Member

One reason the reductions were so noticeable is that was all that it had going for it. I'll admit I was doing the walk around on six characters because it was stupid easy for stupid amounts. Well, except the coin which really should be the focus on an anniversary. Honestly, if we're just going to walk around, I'd like to really feel its a celebration of EQ's past. Let's walk around with Antonius Bayle IV. I just realized this week I have no idea who rules/controls Kelethin. These places that have essentially been removed from the game in terms of updates and new character/player introduction. They are places I care about since I started in them like Qeynos due to being one of the people who made human characters. Or Freeport which got a graphic update which I missed. And you can give a little clicky item that takes you there throughout the year. Which would be hilarious. The Fippy one was nice but I just quit it due to apparently not designed for.

I did enjoy getting to know Tsaph but he's a new introduction to me and so I have little care about currently. Where are characters like Firiona Vie. I haven't found any quests tied to her and she was a mainstay of box cover art for years. I appreciate the effort of doing anniversary things but I just don't find them on the whole worthwhile at the moment. Maybe next year once I've gotten a little more integrated into the game myself. I'm still debating should I grind the levels up or work on expansions I've missed especially those that bring me up to speed to the current one or things like J5 mercenaries I may be lacking.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Have you done The Darkened Sea progression?
  12. Adrihaen New Member

Not yet. I thought I would need to start at Seeds of Destruction and just work my way through. I have to admit, after being gone so long (I think the last time I actively played was back in LDoN), its pretty difficult getting back into the game as easily as I thought it would be. I have popped in over the years but not much more than that. Its a bit like drowning in a sea of choices and none of them are right. Which makes what is familiar to me even more important. I am not even certain if I understand what progression in this context means.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Progression means doing the quests and group missions in TDS and unlocking all the zone until the final group mission in the final zone (Arx Mentis).

You'll get your fill of FV quests doing TDS.
    Janakin likes this.