Should we be upset that we didn't get an FV Server? Hype = dead

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Angered, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Angered Augur

I feel like not getting an FV server is a let down! Do not give me that "other rules"! We have been asking for a long time for this and honestly you guys do not listen nor do you care about what your players have to say! If its going to be a Free Trade or FV you need to come out and clarify because you have a ton of angry EQ Fans TODAY!
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  2. gnomeboss Augur

^ username checks out.
  3. Everquester12 New Member

I mean this could pretty much mean anything at this point. They probably aren't announcing the final rule set because they haven't decided on them still. I think FV Open Trade rules would be great and I hope it's not off the table yet
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Posts which are nothing more than a knee-jerk-reaction with barely any of the facts known are always fun aren't they?
  5. Relentless Insomnia

No one wants FV except people looking to make money off the game. Get a real job kids.
    Silver-Crow and Genoane like this.
  6. Jontrann Augur

Idiotic post, please try again.
  7. DosPanchos New Member

Gross thread. Anger is a nuisance to the community...
  8. Xeris Augur

no care.
  9. Everquester12 New Member

I disagree, there are lots of benefits that a FV Open-loot rule set would have for EQ casuals (IE people with real jobs, kid)

- Many many more items (of high quality) would flood the market, which would keep the platinum cost for good gear low
    - Since the prices will crash for regular loot, RMT Botters will be forced to focus on Raid quality items in order to turn a profit. More botters in DZs = less botters in Open World camps
    - Instead of having hundreds of DKP worth of gear rotting in your bank, you will be able to pass on your raid gear to alts, or sell your old gear for a profit

I think one of the best proposals I saw would be to keep loot from the latest expansion as no-drop, but have it unlock to tradeable upon the release of the next expansion. This would keep some prestige for players beating the top content in-era.

I think the RMT/Botting situation is already pretty bad, but I don't think this type of rule-set would make it any worse.
    Aenu Holysight likes this.
  10. Angered Augur

Based on my in game play or the BS i post on the forums? Me in game vs forums might be two different people.....

Right because selling old raid gear to twink new toons / friends / guild mates is a terrible idea! RIP the days of adding people to my LDON raid in chances they get an aug! I guess having the ability to make alts / twink friends / help new guildmates / returning guildmates is something thats out of your realm! its not for me but i am a Nuisance. Also with the new loot lock outs i cant add people to QVIC for free armor Drat oh wait i have FV rules No worries! #PimpOutGuildMates #MakeALTS #TwinkFriends! If you were less selfish you would understand the good that comes out of FV not just the 100% Negitive !
  11. Magic Augur

Agree, who ever play on FV will never play on another server without free-trade, this is why I so want FV TLP (with AoC).
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

If coronavirus had a child, it would be a close relative to coirnav.
  13. mark Augur

a fv ruleset tlp would be nice and instead of picks,every zone an instance for your group or raid,say solb you form a group or a raid and have no one else stealing your mobs of course there would be a lockout timer with raid targets like normaly in eq,the kronos farmers couldent stop you from getting an item,they would still be around because some people would buy what they want with kronos but the ones that really wanto earn their gear could do so.
  14. modsiw Augur

This sounds exactly like the kind of server people with real jobs would want.
  15. Maneuvre Augur

That sounds exactly like someone who pays to win.
  16. Tsuaruanni Elder

Pays to win?

The PVP folks have been ranting and raving about how much money a PVP TLP will make because will spend money on things like xp pots...

To get ahead of everyone else.
  17. Maneuvre Augur

Pays to Win as in (this FV example) buys Krono to exchange for high end No Drop loot. A Krono farmers dream.

PVP server makes money because you are attracting new subscribers. Buying xp pots is the same for every TLP.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Fv would have been a farmer's dream, but it also benefits the casual... even more so.

The krono farmer is going to be on whatever high pop new tlp there is. But at least with FV the casual gets access to a lot more pixel diversity and ability to waste less time via numerous eq time sinks.

At the end of the day, the rmt is not going away because of a ruleset, its going away (or at least mitigated) when dpg actually starts to give a damn about policing blatant abuse.
  19. Aiona Augur

This is my line of thought, too! This is why I want an FV TLP - I would be married to this new server for ever and ever! :)
  20. Typucm Elder

Hope one of new TLP server will be free-trade, seems them close Brekt (move it to FV) so one FV-trade server space will be available :)