Should True Box restrictions end after a certain era?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elskidor, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

It absolutely should go away, once OW content is largely no longer a thing and the 2nd new round of TLPs sets in Truebox is just un needed handcuffs. DoDH at the earliest, SoD at the latest.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

3. Elskidor Augur

Sadly not one red name commented on that thread. I wonder if any of them have read or even considered the idea that perhaps truebox causes more problems in later expansions than helps a thing. It seems very few are against the idea of killing it after attrition sets in so maybe it's time Daybreak acknowledges there might be a problem with an easy fix. I'm with removing it after PoP era but no later than TSS myself.

Oh, and I agree. Miragul being a truebox server was absurd. That was probably never going to be crazy popular but the fact they thought truebox was even needed tells me there's a few loose screws rolling around upstairs.
    Skuz and Stymie like this.
  4. Nyvlag Elder

Agree that this definitely should have been a lightbulb moment.

Narrator: It wasn't.
    Skuz and Stymie like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I still think Truebox has some value myself, certainly there are already many workarounds but up until PoP I think it still has a positive impact, it's after that point it becomes redundant.

That said I will never play on any other TLP that starts with but does not switch off Truebox, switch it off by DoDH ideally, GoD at the earliest and SoD at the latest.

Truebox from SoD onwards KILLS the server.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

They read more than you realize. They just can't comment on everything.
    Skuz likes this.