Should some anniversary items be made permanent?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Traxen, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Some of the pre-expansion content still exists, most notable Old Man Mackenzie. Would OMM have been better served to be temporary content or permanent?

There are some notable items sold by him, and at the time some very, very good gear.
  2. Alchem The Judge Journeyman

For this argument about price of coins and items if made perm, etc. Why do players constantly look to Devs to control 'player driven' aspects of the game? The economy is player driven, prices are what they are. I just don't get the whole 'it's unfair I'm paying this on my server for this item, devs please step in.'
  3. Tucoh Augur

No. They need to entice players to subscribe outside of expansion and other content releases.

If anything they should increase the unique/stacking rewards attainable in difficult content during the summer/early fall time periods. My pet idea is regular hardcore heritage releases with hunter achievements that result in an evolving aug whose power reaches and exceeds the artisan's prize.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

WTS Drunkard's Steins, I have plenty of them available. Come to FV for yours now!! =)
    Stymie likes this.
  5. Froglok Augur

6. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I have conflicted feelings on this one - but mostly I lean towards keeping them restricted, very similar to a virtual state fair, expo days, carnival or whatever your area celebrates that very reliably comes 'round once a year. what makes them fun/special/unique is you cant just walk up and snag that really best right out of the fryer funnel cake with powdered sugar any old day of the year. (in south central pennsylvania people would come from far and wide for those funnel cakes!)
    Yinla and Stymie like this.
  7. Ozon Augur

I am 50/50 on this some without a doubt should be limited time thing Adventures Tent, Black Pearl, RZ Helm, Diplomatic Papers.

Others have long been overshadowed or are just not as amazing as they seem on paper, Bottled Essence of Vex (think that's the name), Horn of Unity, etc.
  8. Traxen Lorekeeper

Damn forgot about the tent.

I say yes to older stuff but no to the newer because they really were significant. You saw what a madhouse Qeynos Hills was for the augs. THose are special. The Black Pearls, not so much.

So old stuff, yes.

Hey Devs how about delurking and adding to this?
  9. Richardo Xavier New Member

As a returning player who has not completed any of the anniversary quests, I would welcome to opportunity to complete these on a reduced timeline. Do understand the need to have motivation for more subscribers though.
  10. quakedragon Augur

I think with it being available at certain times, causes people to do them at those times, not everyone's going to want to be interested in doing it while your doing it if its always available.