Should I even bother trying to farm Bow of the Destroyer/ HS questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hinastorm, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Hinastorm Elder

I'm an 81 ranger, looking to improve headshot rate any way I can. How hard is this camp, or should I just go get a wind saber from seb, which is 5 more delay.

Also, as far as I know, dex improves headshot rate, what else does? Weapon affinity? does haste effect it?

Any info or advice is appreciated.
  2. Shanaie Lorekeeper

Do you use /autofire? If so, last I heard, the minimum delay on /autofire is 25 so having a Destroyer bow would be a waste.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please. I bagged the bow on all three of my Rangers for that reason.
  3. Ducreux Augur

Honestly the time it would take to farm the Destroyer would take longer overall than you would save by just using a 23 delay bow from bazaar. I don't know about your server but on Luclin NToV dragons are kept dead so getting the kill and getting a rare drop off of it would be quite the feat.
  4. Hinastorm Elder

Kind of what I figured.

Any input on my second question, what effects headshot proc chances.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

DEX. Yes the bow is good if you feel like spending the time. This will probably get moved to class forum.
  6. fransisco Augur

Get planar power and the other AAs that raise your dex. They really make a significant difference in your headshot rate
  7. Bangzoom Lorekeeper

It is not true that the BoD has the same effective delay as a 25 delay bow. When they were fixing the Prescient Fleeting Quiver statements were made that the BoD would meet a new delay floor, but that it would be the only bow affected. That delay floor still leaves the BoD as the fastest bow in the game -- I notice when I forget and start HSing with my 25 delay bow.

That said, I got mine in a genuine NToV raid around 2002 or 3. I kept it as a novelty, since I collected low-delay weapons. (I still have a Revultant Whip, too.) The real-world difference is noticeable, but probably not worth camping a heavily contested spawn for, IMO.
  8. Gladare Augur

/autofire adds an artifical delay of 0.2 seconds, which isn't tied to the delay of the bow. What you might be remembering is the issue with overhaste, quiver haste, and bow delay. That's been fixed, but the info that led to the fix can be found here: http://www.eqoutrider.net/eqforums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5204. 25 delay bows could hit the sweet spot with a specific quiver where they weren't being slowed down like other bows.

As Bangzoom mentioned, there is a delay floor that only the BotD can reach. IIRC it actually reaches the floor and some of its quickness is wasted. Whether it's "worth" farming is purely subjective.

Increasing your dex, maxing trickshot, maxing keen blade, making sure you're hasted as well as farming an overhaste item are the best ways to increase your headshot rate. Dex increases the actual proc rate. Trickshot = more shots fired = more headshots. Keen Blade bypasses dodges to land as hits. A dodged arrow can't proc a headshot. Stat cap increasing aa's as well as shaman focus are two ways to increase your dex if you don't plan to level. It doesn't have to be heroic dex.
  9. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

When 90% of the mobs die in two shots does it really make it worth camping a bow for up to a year? 25 dly bows are good enough. By the time you get the BoD to even drop, you could have used that same time to get far more levels / AA's then the bow could have earned you in the same time.