Should I come back?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Matari, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Matari Augur

I took a break two months ago (burned out). After reading the sh t storm about CoTF netfs and the new broken expansion I am thinking about staying away. The reason for the burning out is the stupidity of artificially nerfing one's experience in previous expansion in order create a need to buy the new expansion. I spend approximately $45.00 a month (All Access) for my box setup, I don't understand why I have to buy an expansion I will not use (I do not raid). So, what do you all think... Stay away?
  2. anvil Elder

well there is more to the new expansion than raiding... new spells and new AAs and some group content but i probably wouldnt worry about buying the new expansion til the bugs are fixed.

now as for coming back or not there is another new server starting in a couple of weeks that you might find fun (or maybe not ) that could alleviate some of your burned out issues and you wouldnt even have to buy the new expansion for a long time on that server.

but no one can really tell you if coming back is right for you except you. is EQ still fun for you then come back if you have found something that you find more fun then stay away. $45 a month is still cheap monthly entertainment as long as your having fun
  3. Rykard Augur

Matari,

I have been where you are. I took a break and came back fresh....also came back differently.

I started new toons with new classes going from SK/SHM to PAL/ENC/WIZ/DRU and have really had fun doing it. In the return, I did make some changes. I went from all access on two accounts to silver/f2p on four. My break sent me back a few expansions so, I play in older content which is just fine by me.

I still support the game buying DBC for AA unlockers and just bought the new expac times four. Basically, I have paid just under two all access accounts this year. I, however, like yourself felt the routine negative changes needed a response. I decided that response was a controlled spending. I am only invested in DBC which I buy as necessary vice the $20-$40 a month that I once did.

It is a different game play going no mercenary and no prestige. This keeps me out of current content but, it also keeps me from going through those silly longer farming sessions trying to gear myself to maximum in order to actually play in current content. I am having fun in content that I have not seen or not seen in awhile(HOT, VOA, ROF, COTF). I probably play 10-15 hours a week now which is healthier than 25-30 like before.

Your not alone,

Rykard
    Paladin of the 96th season
    E-marr
  4. Matari Augur

Thanks for the responses. I am actually shocked that I didn't get flamed. Honestly, I hated TDS and there is so much content level 100 and under that I haven't seen. It's a shame have to be penalized for consuming it.

If I do come back, not sure what to play. Been a Mage/Cleric all most of my life until I played Vanguard. I fell in love with the rogue class, but the rogue isn't the same in this game. I enjoyed my monk, but he was the last one on everyone group list. I have a chanter, necro, cleric, rogue, sk, war, and druid 90+
  5. icreepin New Member

matari you and i are in the same situation when i started playing EQ it was in 1999 and its not the same now as it was then for me the older content is the best the way you had to level the quest you had to do to get certain items and spells

to figure out if you should come back or not think about what drove you when you first started playing EQ and if you still and get what drove you then i would say come back if you cant then i would say don't come back.
  6. Rhodz Augur

I have an advantage most people dont enjoy. My wife is more of an EQholic than I and doesnt really care much about aspects of the game that drive me to distraction.
    So we have been doing "projects" the latest is to level two monks from 1 to 100 (no heroic chars) before the next TLP release when we will start a new one. Got them to 95 so we may make it though time is getting a bit short.
    Monks are just versatile and fun to play, we couldn't give a crap less about min-maxing or what other people are doing long as we are let alone. She had never played one before while I have played the crap out of them for years off and on. Were it not for this there is no way.
    The only way to deal with this situation and make it work is find something to make it fun, its game.