Should all raid DPS classes have equal raid DPS?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Maybe that is what DBG has been doing all along...Maybe they have parsing tools that work server-side, and show an entirely different picture than what we are seeing.

For example: when a wizard cast manaburn, we just see that we do 4.2 mill dmg(the initial hit) and a few nukes being 29600 dmg bigger, while DBG consider it as a wizard doing 19 mill dmg(the total dmg it adds to the fight).
  2. Tucoh Augur

EQ would be better if we woke up tomorrow and every cleric, wizard and berserker got a free class change and they deleted those classes.

Warriors can stay because i play one.
    Vumad, Metanis and Eangel like this.
  3. Tolzol Augur

I wouldn’t reroll another class by no means but I’m definitely down for deleting berserkers at least!
    Metanis likes this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

This is something I've been curious about for some time as well. Bet it would absolutely help out on lag.
  5. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I think the one thing we can all agree on and take away from this thread so far is that druids could use a little more love.
    Nennius, Metanis and Tucoh like this.
  6. Slasher Augur

Except they will out dps wizards with just 1 mob to dot and on a fight under 2m.
    Vumad likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And? I said nothing about how necromancers stack up against wizards in other situations as that was not relevant to pointing out that necromancer dps is better the more targets they have.
  8. dwish Augur

This would actually be kind of neat. I feel it would remove a lot of frustration that DPS feel on raids when they get shorted ADPS and suffer on the parse because of this.

That said, DPS classes are never going to be equal. There are a lot of factors that go into DPS output for a particular class on a raid, and even the same class with the same ADPS you will often see widely varying numbers. It's just not possible to balance it where everyone is magically doing the same DPS.
  9. Evye Augur

How about an aa that allows wizards to target multiple mobs and then nuke with one spell.

I hear in top guilds wizard are still top 10 dps..... if that is the case what is their secret?

Should top dps strats be a secret?
  10. Arkanny Augur

Wizards should be always fighting over top 5 spots of raid dps, its the only thing we do! *fists*
  11. Knifen Augur

Havent seen one parse that high in a long time, but if they are I would imagine good use of twincast clickies and Glyphs.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

As a wizard I sometimes get into the top10 of a raid parse.
    My secret is to play on a server with less lag.
    Vumad likes this.
  13. Paladin Augur

No.
  14. Baradorn Lorekeeper

On recent SR parses posted in another thread (so a high end raiding guild with competitive people on DPS slots), I see a wizard in place 3rd, 4th or 5th on 7 events, and number 6th and 10th in 2 other events, so 9 events of 10 (counting anniversary). Probably with full ADPS support and a bard.
  15. Vumad Cape Wearer

I like the way you made this list but I can't see why on AoE that a NEC should be 1 and Wiz, Zer and MAG are 2. I would think that Wiz and Zer should really shine against large piles of mobs. Sure maybe if the mobs are alive a while NEC should be able to DoT everything and let them rot a while but that is still just high DPS single target. Pile up 8 mobs and I don't think anyone should be out performing WIZ and ZER with MAG close behind (Mag giving up the AE spell damage for single target pet damage). Does NEC even have any meaningful AE spells?

Also not sure why SHM isn't down with ENC and ROG. Pally has AE stuns but doesn't AE DPS. Neither does SK. Warrior and bard yes.

1. Wizard
    1. Berserker
    1.5. Magician

2. Monk
    2. Warrior
    2. Bard

3. Ranger
    3. Beastlord

4. Necromancer
    4. Paladin
    4. Shadowknight
    4. Druid
    4. Cleric

5. Shaman
    5. Enchanter
    5. Rogue

Nec might rank higher on a parse because they can spread around the single targets, but a bunch of single targets that are alive a while and AoE is not the same thing.

Again, as I have said before, I understand how it does work. I'm commenting on how I think it should work. For CLR to rank that high, or even move into 3rd, they would need a large increase to the AE spell damage compared to where it is now, and if all the mobs are undead, CLR should be up in rank 1 or 2.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For sure.

I just gave my own opinion, largely based on my own experience as I don't have solid data or anything to give as an example nor can I offer up any meaningful description of how far apart these "brackets" I used would be, just giving a broadly appropriate placement.

Also any situation where you have classes not performing their "primary role" and are solely focused on DPS will look very different.

Situations such as "fighting undead" could have a DPS hierarchy all of its own with Paladins naturally being at the top.

When it comes to AoE DPS I was doing so with a situation like CoV's "Defenders of the Tomb" event in mind, where you have waves of NPC with significant HP pools to deal with.
    On waves where the NPC have smaller HP pools the Necromancer would fare far less well.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You don't get to quit that easily.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What?
  19. Warpeace Augur

Well there you have it. We have all been playing the class wrong.
  20. Laronk Augur

Im sorry but everyone should be using glyphs on raids and everyone should be getting all their clickers and rare items that are going to help them. People have no right to complain about dps if you’re not going to do the work to figure out what you need to farm and what you need to cast when. And you have to use those good just like with the rest of your tools.

I don’t care what class you are, you don’t get to not glyph wtf

I’m sure the necros topping the charts are also making good use of all the tools they have available to them.