Short Rangers/Shadowknights/Paladins

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jerimeya, May 25, 2016.

1. Jerimeya Journeyman

With Luclin release pushed out, can we get halfling and gnome races unlocked for their respective classes?

There is no game breaking reason to have them disabled.
  2. Bewts Augur

Because... REASONS.
  3. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

They went through the effort to take them out of Ragefire/Lockjaw, when they spun up Phinigel, until the era in which they were added, I highly doubt they are now going to add them back to the servers prior to that era being unlocked.
  4. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Because race change scrolls?
  5. TowerDefense Augur

Because if you cant be a gnome sk, you dont wanna play an sk at all? Seems legit
  6. Dersk Elder

While I could go on a sarcastic tirade about how progression servers are less than classic, this is one of the era-appropriate changes they *can* make that does not cause other problems.

There are a few ~classic~ changes they could theoretically make that I don't want (e.g. spellbook medding), but I do applaude the effort to make progression servers follow EQ's timeline.
  7. Jerimeya Journeyman

I don't understand why they went through the effort to remove them. They weren't an era feature. They were added to fix an oversight.

They were added back then because people pleaded with the logic. We have Druids, why not Ranger? We have Necros, why not Shadowknight? We have clerics, why not Paladin?

And I have a Gnome SK and Halfling Ranger on Lockjaw. Wish I could move them to Phini. But I would rather leave them there than risk having toxic players move their bots over.
  8. Numiko Augur

I've always said that about half elves, why can they be Paladins but not Clerics?
  9. Ravengloome Augur

Halfling paladin really does need to be an option (sooner) rolling around as a human SUCKS.
  10. taliefer Augur

what do you think this is, a video game where fun is supposed to be allowed? gid oudda hir wid dat noise.

the fact they took time to remove these options that werent even part of an expansion launch, is mind boggling. and i really liked their "have you had a hard time finding a trainer and gear as these class / race combos?" as part of their reasoning, when exactly noone actually had that problem.
  11. Weverley Augur

We could argue with tons of races/classes combination hat never made it also saying wouldn't be game breaking but then where would we stop.Why don't troll and ogre can't make necro for example.Why not wood elf monk.
  12. taliefer Augur

because these race class combos were added to the game and are fully functional in their respective starting cities, unlike your theoretical ogre necro and wood elf monk examples.
  13. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I want to see wood elf beastlords in luclin. Angry treant pets ftw.
  14. Aenoan Augur

Good god, this just occured to me now, I agree! I never thought about it at all but I was like wait a second, we all know Half Elven lore, considering both races that make up the Half Elf classification follow some kind of priest-like path...and yet no Half Elf Cleric!?
  15. taliefer Augur

wood elf beastlords (and froglok monks) have to start in Crescent Reach, there isnt even an option for them to start in their racial home towns. the earliest itd be possible to see them (without the devs adding trainers and spell merchants to starting cities, which seems doubtful) would be TSS. i think they are actually tied to RoF cause thats when they were implemented. seems silly to not just tie them to TSS, but removing short race hybrid options till luclin was also silly.
  16. Dersk Elder

I would pay real money for DBG to remove wood elf beastlords from the game.
  17. The Hated One Augur

Ogre Monk please. HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!?!?! Seriously you could have a whole line of bone crushing punches and kicks. You would not even have to change graphics for the current ogre line of swings and kicks. You would have to alter some clothing graphics to include some pj's. Some with bears, some with ducks, some gnome shaped candydrops. Seriously, can we have ogre monks?? hmm please? I have played since 1999...gimme my race and class!!!
  18. Gremin Augur

Iam a Ogre monk...ask anyone in my guild.
  19. EQvet Elder

Ogre everything imo. Ogre wizard, ogre ranger.... the true master race.
    Dilf likes this.
  20. Machen New Member

Ogre monks with bears and ducks... Wait, what? You sure you've played for 16 years?