Shocked any business would choose to destroy itself.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elysha - Ragefire, May 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notanewperson New Member

Watch out guys, Knowitall Supreme Leader Benito is here to tell us all the rules and how things should be in a perfect society conjured up in his imagination of delusional adequacy.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Not necessarily.

Broad and vague laws are often on the books to offer the executive wide-ranging powers.

For instance, the United States' Congress passed the Authorized Use of Military Force (AUMF) Act to justify the invasion of the Afghanistan and Iraq.

Congress has passed broadly-worded legislation for Ukraine to allow a wide latitude of powers in assisting that country.

In the same way, more broadly-worded game rules allows Daybreak staff to adapt to ever-evolving cheat software and tactics.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It's better this way.

Watching random new members trash Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum the bloviating morons is PRICELESS!
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Congress has passed broadly-worded legislation for Ukraine to give the President wide-ranging powers and flexibility in assisting that country.

In the same way, broad game rules empowers the Daybreak staff (Customer Service) to adapt to evolving cheat software and tactics.
  5. Feedback Journeyman

Your example does not reflect why many other MMO companies provide their stance on the use of Input Broadcasting Software when asked.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The only example presented was WoW and I suspect that clarification was offered only because media had erroneously reported that they had totally banned boxing.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im not sure that is in DBGs best interest tbh, fighting cheat software is not the end goal here.
    What I think DBG truly wants, is to have players understand and respect the rules of the game.
    And that is much much simpler with clear communication, rather than leaving players themselves to interpret "broad words".
    Eviara and Feedback like this.
  8. Feedback Journeyman

You could have used Google:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com...is NOT allowed in,software- or hardware-based.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013658134-Policy-Dual-or-Multi-Boxing

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/45151/poll-bonus-dev-discussion-multiboxing

https://twitter.com/playnewworld/status/1342350274728488960

There are vastly more, this took me about 45 seconds to gather up and post here.

Do you need more? Like brother, I'm not against you. For some reason you think I am or that I'm doing something that you don't like. I agree with your stance on automation 100%!!! But we're not talking about that.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Until now, I really didn't appreciate how slavishly you defend the very good folks at DBG. If they say red is green you'll find a away to defend it. Seems a bit Orwellian.

Clarity is good. The opposite is the moral equivalent of mud. This isn't rocket science.
    xmPradah and MasterMagnus like this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

None of those rules explicitly mentioned key broadcasting software. They are just as "vague" or "broad" as Daybreak's rules. It actually weakens your argument.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

They have to balance against handicapping themselves against evolving cheat software and tactics.

Though, based on the rules linked from other games, Daybreak's rules are just as "vague" as other well-known MMOs: ESO, GW2, etc.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It is the nature of politics and law. Why would a state constrain itself based on piecemeal legislation? Why would Daybreak constrain itself based on wording that could be outdated/outmoded in a matter of months because of the newest cheat software or tactic?
  13. Feedback Journeyman

You didn't read them. They all discuss key broadcasting software. Seriously? You need me to point them out?

First link has this sentence: Multiboxing is the practice of playing multiple accounts simultaneously, including, but not limited to using either hardware or software to facilitate the coordination between the accounts.

They're actually defining multiboxing to mean the inclusion of keyboard broadcasting.

The second link has this sentence: You may NOT program your keyboard to perform functions on more than one account at a time. For example, if you press [W] on your keyboard to move forward, a single character on a single account should move forward. The keystroke or mouse click should not perform functions on more than one account.

This lets you know that keyboard broadcasting software is not allowed. Directly to the point.

The third link has this sentence: Players may not use any software to automate character actions or mimic keystrokes.

Direct and CLEAR!

Fourth link has this: We don't have any announcement to share regarding multiboxing for now. Keep your eyes on our social platform for all the latest news and update.

Direct and clear! Input Broadcasting Software IS ALLOWED!
  14. kizant Augur

What's so hard to understand? They reluctantly allow broadcasting software because they know the game would be unplayable for many without it. That doesn't mean they should officially endorse it and it also doesn't mean they shouldn't suspend people for abusing those capabilities.

No matter how they word the rules there will be people misreading and being obtuse just they are now. There's really no benefit to them spending time clarifying things further.
    Biltene, Warpeace, Beimeith and 2 others like this.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This is not a revelation. They are banning boxing on ESO. This is just as "vague" as Daybreak's rules.

This could also be considered "vague." This mentions physical hardware only. I could interpret this to allow key broadcasting software though I suspect that is not the case.

Mimic keystrokes? What does that mean?

LOL. Are you serious? How did you get anything from that? Haha.
  16. Feedback Journeyman

Every MMO company that is asked by the community what the restrictions on concerning multiboxing, the game company provides their stance on the use of Input Broadcasting Software. The links are all clear and to the point. They are worded differently but they are clear.

With this game, it's not worded clearly so people interpret the rules differently. Some believe that Input Broadcasting is allowed. Others think it's not.
  17. Feedback Journeyman

As stated, the first link defines multiboxing as the use of Input Broadcasting Software. They're stating it's not allowed. Read it?

The second link refers to software. It talks about programming your keyboard. You can't do that with hardware.

The third link has mimic keystrokes. This is another way to refer to broadcasting keystrokes. Same as key mirroring.

These terms are identical: Keyboard Mirroring, Key mirroring, mimic key strokes, mimic keys, keyboard broadcasting, Input Broadcasting Software. They all mean the same thing people simply state them differently.

With this game, there is no reference to input broadcasting software or any term that is identical. With this game, all we have is "Software that assists in allowing a few or less people to monopolize an area is not allowed." and that can be interpreted to mean input broadcasting software or not. Big difference between all of the others.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Lol.
  19. Chaffe Journeyman

Just one of those forum warriors. I scroll past his posts without reading because he just regurgitates the same thing over and over despite the topic at hand. Nothing useful in those posts. You can also block people and never even see them. It tickles me seeing how many times a few people will clutter a thread up to get it derailed while simultaneously whining about rules and minimizing others experiences. Trolls gonna troll.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

To be clear to and to help players understand what is allowed and what is not? Aren't players the reason the game exists? I do find it amusing that you seem to think you speak for the devs. I suspect there is more to your digital diarrhea than meets the eye.

I should also add that I did not run on your lawn yesterday and you cannot come back here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.