[SHM] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

What kind of BP focus and clicky do you guys want to see in the next expansion?
    Same one? Old one? New idea? Please give your feedback, it will be passed on to the devs.

Some guidelines -
    - Top 3 spell choices for focusing are suggested.
    - Focuses that impact usability of any spells/abilities are good (ex: heal/dmg focus %, spell haste, reduced timer, extended duration)
    - Wanting same as existing BP is fine

For reference, the current focus:
    [47226] SHM Talisman Duration 2
    Duration: 3.3h (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Duration by 12s
    2: Limit Spells: Talisman of the Leopard
    3: Limit Spells: Talisman of the Snow Leopard
    4: Limit Spells: Talisman of the Lion
    5: Limit Spells: Talisman of the Tiger
    6: Limit Spells: Talisman of the Lynx
    7: Limit Spells: Talisman of the Cougar
    8: Limit Spells: Talisman of the Panther
    Increases the duration of Talisman of the Leopard by #1 ticks.

Current clicky:
    [47224] Rejuvenation of the Ancestors
    Target: Target Group
    AE Range: 100'
    Casting: 1s
    1: Increase Current HP by 10000 (If HP Between 55 and 65 Percent)
    2: Increase Current HP by 16667 (If HP Between 45 and 55 Percent)
    3: Increase Current HP by 23333 (If HP Between 35 and 45 Percent)
    4: Increase Current HP by 30000 (If HP Between 25 and 35 Percent)
    5: Increase Current HP by 36667 (If HP Between 1 and 25 Percent)
    Text: You are restored by the spirits of your ancestors.
    Calls upon the spirits of your ancestors to heal your group members for #1 to #5 health. The lower the health of your companions, the more they will be healed.
  2. telechir Elder

The current focus is useless, as the old "Talisman of (cat)" does not stack with Roar of the Lion, and Roar of the Lion is infinitely better.

I'd be fine with just adding Roar to the list of focused spells; or letting them stack.

I hardly ever use the clicky.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

I think Roar duration would be a bit dull, tbh, the dam/mana ratio is already fantastic.

Maybe a +damage for Roar procs? 20 tics, 10 min recast.
  4. Kinadorm Augur

I like the current group heal for the clicky effect. As an upgrade maybe some sort of incoming spell/melee mitigation recourse.

The focus I would like to see lion added to the existing focus or if we go with something else maybe some sort of DoT crit modifier or cast time reduction on DoT's or heals.
  5. telechir Elder

For the Focus, maybe a Rabid Bear extension/ recast reduction.
  6. Alundis New Member

I would like to see the clicky replaced with something other than a heal. Something like the bard synergy effect that adds melee damage to the attack or few attacks would be great.
    Chichiaz likes this.
  7. Raccoo Augur

I would like a new clicky. I seldom remember/use the chest clicky with the longer refresh than two group heals I keep constantly on my spellbar. I'd prefer something for dps. Preferably personal dps. Because they are still potentially working on dot revamps, I doubt asking for any dps boost to them will get the go ahead, but that would be my #1 request. #2 request would be something to strengthen our melee/procs dps power, if they are too worried about dots post-potential revamp.

Focus, again I'd ask for dps first for dots, and second for melee/procs.
  8. Snowman Augur

Please do not add the 2 extra ticks of talisman of leopard again as most of us use Roar as it creates more dps - the group heal is fine bye me
    menown and kizant like this.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

So it sounds like, move the focus to the "Roar" line
    The click seems to be mixed, keep/change.
  10. Jetslam Augur

A change of the focus to affect Roar would be greatly appreciated. It's miles above the regular lion line at this point.

The click isn't bad, but it's not necessarily good. Adding a few HPs to the base heal amount on it isn't going to do much when the base currently is already high enough that when crit will overheal just about everyone. The heal click will still be available on previous BPs if people want to use that over the new one.

I'd prefer something personal DPS based that we could use. This could be a short duration (60-90s) dot dmg/crit increase, mini Rabid Bear, or some form of grp mini-epic buff.

I think the proc we've had on the BPs hasn't changed in several expansions and is due for something else. The nature of it isn't one that slightly increasing the effictiveness matters at this point due to it already having a large base heal amount. The old BP can still be clicked in situations where it's needed, or if not then the new DPS-focused one can be used.
  11. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I feel that the heal on the BP is nice and i use it often; but as mentioned above, small upgrades each expansion are of minimal benefit when base heal on the click is going to be between 15 and 30k usually.

I would like to see a bp click that didn't share the same timer, regardless of if it's another heal or a completely different effect. When was the last time BP clicks weren't on type 16 timers? anguish?
  12. Kinadorm Augur

Why can't the focus apply to both Roar of the Lion and the Talisman of X lines? Lion is basically an improved version of the Talisman line with a much higher mana cost.

I personally like the clicky heal. I don't use it often but it can be a nice save if intervention is down. I would like to see it have some sort of extra recourse such as a rune though.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thanks for the feedback.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Please give me some details. What is the "Roar of the Lion" line? What is the EoK spell at least, if not the RoS spell if you know it.?
  15. Behelit Augur

it's the Shaman "Dichotomic" spell from TBM, being a Dichotomic it has no spell upgrade in EoK/RoS. but to the Shamans' point it is basically a shorter/stronger Talisman so pretty much the same kind of focus as far as design purposes goes.

[49186/14655] Roar of the Lion
    Classes: SHM/101
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 12882
    Target: Target Group, MGB: No
    Range: 100', AE Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 60s, Timer: 14, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 6s+ (1 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Hate: -1
    1: Cast: Roar of the Lion (100% Chance)

[49192/14656] Roar of the Lion 6
    Classes: SHM/250
    Range: 300', AE Range: 100'
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 6s
    Duration: 18s+ (3 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Hate: -1
    1: Increase Current HP by 8211 per tick
    5: Add Melee Proc: Lion's Roar 6 with 400% Rate Mod
    Text: You roar like a mighty lion.

[49198/14657] Lion's Roar 6
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Lowest -300
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 16929
    Text: Lion fangs tear in to your skin.
    Deals #1 damage to your target.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is actually preferred over the recent Talisman?
  17. Bahdah Augur

[44211/14603] Talisman of the Leopard Rk. III
    Classes: SHM/101
    Mana: 2921
    Range: 100', AE Range: 100'
    Casting: 7s, Recast: 5.63s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 30s+ (5 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    5: Add Melee Proc: Leopard Maw III with 400% Rate Mod
    Text: You begin to snarl as your features become feline.

[44214/14642] Leopard Maw III
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Lowest -300
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 2024
    Text: Savage jaws tear into your skin.

-------------------------------------------------------- Compare Behelits post
  18. Bahdah Augur

19. Behelit Augur

It may not be unanimous but I'd imagine a vast majority prefer an extention focus on Roar of the Lion vs Talisman proc line, assuming it HAS to be either or. As Kinadorm pointed out ideally it could be both? They are incredibly similar spell lines, and with Dichotomics/Roar of the Lion liking not being upgraded for quite some time nor being able to be used at the same time as Talisman line, would make a combined focus reasonable.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Maybe in the future, Once the Roar gets further away. But for now just going to focus the one "line"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.