shield ornament with AC from marketplace

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by grrrrrrrf, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Battleaxe Augur

I'll try to remember that in the future.

Now however I've purchased an item using SC based on the representations your company made. Without the features you offered I would not have purchased the item.

Refund please.

Can someone kindly post the process by which a player can request a refund?
  2. Shang Augur

I'd imagine it's just a petition.
  3. Nolrog Augur

/petition
  4. Maccuul Elder

When it showed up it "could" have been a bug yes. But think about it... It was up for a good long while before it was pulled after people posted about it. It should have also been through a vigorous quality control check. You would think they check out player designed items more thoroughly than a dev designed item. I really seriously think there is a case for reasonable doubt here and that if they do pull it they should refund it.

You are going to go with a comment about visual only and power? How about familiars, illusions, and even particle effects with stats equal to the power on this? They are all visual effects essentially with stats and some of them didnt start with them either, but progressed over time to have these stats. Maybe not the right way to address this since the opposite is already in effect?

Sorry but given the facts it was certainly not black and white that it was a bug.

For the record:
    Yes, I did buy it for the ac but no I wont be asking for a refund personally either.
    I was going to buy "something" to support the folks creating these things and this just happened to be the best option at the time to do that. If a refund is given I will repurchase something done by the same person to support their efforts but I do believe Sony should just either do a pre-nerf/nerfed version or offer a refund for the above reasons. If they do refund it I think the guy that made it should keep his profits too it was Sony's mistake not his they need to own up to it.
    Geroblue and Mellifleur like this.
  5. Aamonn Journeyman

Illusions are visual changes though, eh?
  6. Danite Lorekeeper

Hell i was going to get hero forge on all my toons if they were going to add stuff like this ... add 5 ac per armor piece as well .... most of the armor looks bad and the Moon boots and floating shoulder pads make me regret getting the heros forge on my main
  7. Mellifleur Augur

I loved the graphic, stats or no stat.

Waiting for it to come back.
  8. Notinterested Augur

Try for your refunds, don't you'll get it. Nowhere in the description did it say it had ac until after it was purchased. Sony sold you guys an ornament aug with no promise or even mention of the ac. Pretty cut and dry situation here. I hope they don't refund anyone because anyone that couldn't clearly see what was going on deserves to be out the money.
  9. Maccuul Elder

If you are like me you preview how the item looks on you then you click INSPECT where the ac was clearly marked on the item link from the marketplace without purchasing it. I inspect every single item I look at that I might ever buy. I looked at the boards before purchasing it as well to see if it was a mistake or not. It was then available the entire day without SOE saying a word to the otherwise or pulling it.

If it was clearly a mistake then SOE should have clearly posted it or removed it immediately. The marketplace is hot patchable. The fault clearly lies with SOE not the players. They should have found it in QC and did not, they should have pulled it when it was noticed and did not. It was a weekday during business hours so staff was available to look into it. Other items such as illusions, particle auras, and familiars were also visual only for the most part when they started. Also, nobody deserves to be out money from an error that made it into the game from poor quality control and delayed customer service response. Sorry but I really just hope your trolling.

Besides the real issue should be Sony not screwing the person that made it from their mistake.
    I would like to see a statement from SOE stating they wont charge back the person that made it myself.
    It should be that this person gets paid no matter who was at fault because it certainly wasnt the fault of the person that made it.
  10. Maereax Augur

Wait a minute. A company (not even a company, but we're going to call the specific section of SoE that runs EQ 'The Company' in this case) that runs multiple servers with a large team and hundreds of thousands of moving parts every single day with jobs they're required to do made a mistake and took A WHOLE DAY to find it?! Clearly we need to equip our tinfoil hats and post repeatedly (about what, exactly? No one's said they were denied a refund, no one has said they were banned for using the item... what are we crying about here?).

It was obviously intentional and this multi-million dollar game that has been running for longer then any other out there CLEARLY did this intentionally just to screw you out of your hard earned $4 (at the most, the majority of SC spenders buy during 2x or 3x SC and/or use cards with bonuses) >and then give it back to you later<. Because that just makes sense
    Cakvala, Geroblue and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  11. Maccuul Elder

Ok so why exactly did you target ME the guy NOT ASKING FOR A REFUND?
    Because I support those that do ask for it receive it?
    Because I support the creator of the item to still be paid?
    That is why I posted here no tinfoil hat required to support either.

There is more than enough of a case for reasonable doubt here.
    No matter what Sony has made their mistakes here. Not saying players didnt also make mistakes either.
    Nor did I post repeatedly I posted twice and this being a thrid response since it was aimed directly at me with a quote. My second post was nobody DESERVES to be screwed from a mistake and I still stand behind that. No matter how much or how little money that is.
    Should a hospital cut your little toe off by mistake and just tell you sorry but you wont miss it it was just a tiny mistake? Really does the dollar amount really matter here?
    A couple dollars may not be huge but it adds up fast. Singly it is not really alot of money collectively it is nice chunck of change.

Who said anything intentional too? Most mistakes are not intentional.
    You are also going to nitpick the definition of what to call Sony? Huh?
    Sony is a Forture 500 COMPANY! No matter how you break down the divisions.

Mistakes are made all the time. It is how you handle them that matters.

To add to the point most stores have a return policy.
    Have you never ever returned something that wasnt what you thought it was or didnt work the way it was advertised? Why should this be any different? If there is a mistake on the packaging of a retail box that product is usually recalled and refunds offerred. Or at the very least the packaging is fixed and any refund requests are honored. This is whether or not there was actually anything wrong with the item or not. Most large companies care about their image enough for that.

My point overall was the guy that made it should still receive his due. I still feel pretty strongly about that hence why I personally will not ask for any kind of refund.
    Sony should own their mistakes as well all people/companies should. I will own mine by not asking for a refund. Any refunds issued on this should not be charged back against the person that designed it.
    Sony pretty much already offerred a refund to those asking for it in the other post. So anything further on that is pretty moot.
    I personally would like to see them own up to their mistake to the person that made the item as well.
    I will again restate whether the mistakes were Sony or the players the person doing the designing is entirely free of guilt.

Seriously I dont see where I could possibly be unreasonable here asking that Sony own their end of this issue which they already have to the players. Now they need to own it to the person that made it imho.

Lastly...
    September 6, 2012
    Users will NOT be making stats on items. The ones we will select we will balance properly. Although we will listen to the creators. -- John Smedley

From a chat about Player studio. It doesnt mention Ornaments one way or the other but that there would be stats put on player made items. Which should shut up anybody saying players should have known better imho. It was stated that Player Studio items would have stats decided by Sony. How was anybody to know they didnt include a slot 20 augment without them specifically stating it?
    It was stated in other places too if I could find the links.

Sorry for the longish message.
  12. Maereax Augur

I targeted you because of that. That's called blindly pointing fingers and making vague, baseless, and uneducated statements. That entire sentence + paragraph has no point that I can see other than saying that it's sony's fault and implying that it was either intentional because they obviously knew about it and put it ingame anyway, or that it was an accident and delayed pulling the item for a malicious reason. You have no idea how they're going to handle the creator getting paid for it, you have no idea if they're giving refunds and youhave no idea why they waited to pull it when they did. You're making observations based on a biased and outsiders view on the internal workings of a gigantic company. Edit: Also, this:
    Just for your information, not to argue or start a fight, but every single one of these things takes up a buff slot. I believe that's why they wont make ornaments add stats, there's no downsides to them.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Maccuul Elder

Really, really, hate to burst your bubble but item illusion augs for type 4, 7 and 8 already exist WITH effects. So why would type 20 also for a secondary slot, that has other item illusions of other aug types, with something on it be impossible? They are also buyable by buying LoN packs. Hey no buff slot taken either.
    These items DO exist just not on this particular item aug slot. Yet anyway.

Piestro already stated in an announcement for people to contact CS if they had a problem with their removing ac. There is no real reason to do that other than to offer a refund.
    Nope I dont know how they are handling paying the creator. I would like to know. It is really too much trouble to ask them to make a statement regarding it? It would be great PR for Sony to say hey we made a mistake putting that in the game like that but we will make sure the person who designed it gets paid still. I put my support behind them still paying the creator too. Is that some sort of problem that I would personally support that, or personally not ask for a refund?
    I see no problem with either the request for a statement or my support of still paying the designer.
    Not once did I ever say they werent going to pay them either. I have just asked them to confirm in a public statement that they will pay them.

Outsiders view of a gigantic company? Hmm.
    Plain and simple there is nothing that implies intent or maliciousness in a statement that a mistake was made by Sony. In fact I am a firm believer that everybody makes mistakes without intending to, and without malicious intent even multi-billion dollar companies. ;)
    My statement was made that reasonable doubt does exist due to mistakes made by Sony, and other factors for them to offer a refund if it was requested. I have backed that up with facts as well.
    People making the opposite case have provided nothing substantial beyond the players should have known better. Which I feel I have effectively disputed.

And back at you btw you have no idea of my experiences to comment on what I know or dont know.
    I really didnt think my resume was relevant to the discussion either....

I really do not see how that statement you quoted is either baseless, uneducated, vague or even untrue.
    The truth is Sony did make a mistake that is not baseless drivel that is a statement of fact.
    In fact I have backed up everything with facts.
    QC exists and didnt catch it. Fact. (Creating the problem)
    Board mods, CS, Devs, etc yes they all do exist and didnt catch it or didnt react to it in a timely manner. Fact. (Causing more confusion that maybe it was intended or might be left in, and allowing more items to be purchased. No, I am not saying and never said any delay was intentionally, nor did I state this was done maliciously. This is just the end result of the delay.)
    Item Illusion augs with effects and other visual items with effects do exist already. Fact. (Backs up the possiblity that this was intentionally placed)
    Piestro did state to contact CS about the ac being removed. Fact. (Suggests that refunds are likely to be issued)
    Smedley did say that Player Studio items would have stats. Fact. (Confirms beyond any doubt that some Player Studio items will have stats and that stats on a Player Studio item were possible)
    It was not a huge game breaking amount of ac but on par with the ac provided by other illusion items with ac. In fact phatom froglok power gives me exactly 18ac. Fact. (IE it wasnt an huge number to obviously be a mistake)

I think that clearly shows a level of reasonable doubt does exist that the ac might have been legit.

If you are trying for a rational discussion how about trying to disprove those facts?
  14. Tordail Elder

SOE's past actions regarding the marketplace and Chandrok's sentiments above are at odds. Unless they have been removed or altered and I am mistaken, there are several marketplace items that provide a power boost -- and, as nimbuses (err, nimbusi? heh), it would seem as though these provide "purely visual changes."
  15. Notinterested Augur

Actually the AC was never in the item description on the SC marketplace it was only on the description of the actual item AFTER you bought it. So clearly you are full of it and deserve your loss of SC.