shield ornament with AC from marketplace

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by grrrrrrrf, Dec 13, 2012.

1. grrrrrrrf Elder

so much for that not selling power huh?
  2. Rorce Augur

Slippery slope? :p
  3. Sinzz Augur

kickin that horse are ya? ... dead and stinkin ...
  4. Hatsee Augur

It had to be the ugly shield too.
  5. shiftie Augur

I just don't even.

ac augs in secondary slot gained 5 whole ac from LDoN to veil of RoF 5 ac from 2003-2012

shield actual ac from UF 240 to RoF 260 took basically 3-4 years to gain 20 ac and now just all max herp derp marketplace free shield soft cap ac.

It needs changed to a 0 ac value.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I can see a million toons running out to get it because a few AC will definitely make a different. Smart play on SoE's part.
  7. Siddar Augur

This is a really really really bad idea.

From now on every shield has to have a ac ornament in it.

Sense there is only one ornament with AC it means everyone has to have the exact same shield graphic.

Even if you were to add AC to every shield ornament you need also make one that doesn't have a graphic to let people have AC boost and there existing shield graphic. The above also has to be retro active to all shield ornaments are ones without AC wont be used.

Best solution is remove the AC from this aug.. This is not like illusion AC because of the extra value AC in the shield slot and also the ability to keep AC buff without the illusion.
  8. Hatsee Augur

Well if they pull it they will need to refund people that bought it.

But really if all PS items are going to have things like this it's going to be the sole reason for their success.
  9. Chandrok Augur

As much fun as it is to make declarations about ruining the game and all that, this is clearly not intended. The presence of stats on an ornamentation item is a bug, and the stats will be removed in the next patch. If we intended to sell power, it wouldn't come from things that provide purely visual changes.
  10. Braveheart Augur

Althought the shield is an example of nice player artwork, I do not like the design. I prefer more Ornate gold/brown graphics. I like the Demi weapon graphics. Still, I bought the ornament because i'm a warrior and the 18ac is nice to have. If SOE removes it, I am going to want my cash back as I will never use the ornament.
  11. JERUS Augur

It's on one shield and not the other, did it really not cross anyone's mind that it may be a bug and they should probably wait and see?
    Geroblue, Vouivre, beryon and 2 others like this.
  12. Nolrog Augur

Nope. There's over reactions to be made and accounts to be cancelled. Logic has no place here.
  13. Braveheart Augur

/sigh $4 down the drain.
  14. Nolrog Augur

Request a refund. I think that's perfectly valid if you bought it for the AC.
  15. Braveheart Augur

I can just see Cakvala now "WOOT AC on my ornament, I'm gonna get paid" If they left it on there he'd get a fat check.
    Elricvonclief and beryon like this.
  16. Siddar Augur

They put a item up for sale that was broken. People spent money on it only because of the broken part. Person makes a sarcastic comment about it as post on SoE boards.

I see no one freaking out, yet. But I expect some of those those that have already bought this item to get there freaks on soon about the issue.

Item still needs to be pulled from store so people don't buy it between now and patch because they don't know AC will be removed.
  17. Kreacher Augur

I'm gonna buy it anyways and then ask for refund once they remove the AC.
  18. grrrrrrrf Elder

ugh people editing their own posts!
  19. Gladare Augur

I'd be careful what you put in print.
  20. Cakvala Augur

Haha, yeah I figured it was a bug when I saw it. Request a refund as you bought it with different intentions.