Shawl 3 mechanics? (melee dps)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wawa, May 12, 2013.

1. Wawa Journeyman

2. Tadenea Augur

2handers proc the greater heal and its greater effects since it will proc slightly less then 1handers who get the lesser heal and lesser effects. Since they can proc from 2 weapons instead of 1
    Still makes me ponder on archery though who gets 1hander effects
  3. Wawa Journeyman

That's how I thought it would work, but it's not. I get both procs from only attacking with 2hs, afk in GH on dummy.
  4. Wawa Journeyman

22 hour parse, afk attacking GH dummy. 186093 swings with 2hs. 5367 casts of Brell's Sacred Aloe Balm. Mix of the lesser and greater version. 4.06 procs per minute. Even if we assume only the greater heal was cast at 871 HP (and it wasn't) that's 871 x 4.06 = 3536 HP healed/min = roughly 59 DPS healed. I have no way to parse myself spamming all abilities that can trigger it but rough test would suggest around or slightly over double that amount when spamming. Sorta underwhelming compared to the options for healers/casters imo.
  5. Gragas Augur

If melee version returned endurance, it would be better, those little heals are not going to help against 44k wild ramp.
  6. Ishtass Augur

That's why you have healers.
  7. Gragas Augur

More like rezzers, you can't live though a one rounder.
  8. Ishtass Augur

If it's a one rounder, no amount of proc healing will save you. This is meant for smaller game I imagine.
  9. Ishtass Augur

10. Gragas Augur

Would read better if it said, Has a chance to cast a endurance regen spell that also increases damage every time a weapon skill is used. Clear as mud?
  11. Wawa Journeyman

It adds 10 counters each worth 77 damage that can't be modded. With 4.06 procs/min that's a staggering, almost gamebreaking, 52 DPS increase. If we are supergenerous and assume we get three times the procs from autoattack from spamming abilities that means a 156 DPS increase.

I'm sorry but the melee version of shawl 3 is just horribly sub-par compared to the other versions.
  12. Ishtass Augur

I definitely understand, just saying as a melee, I care little about the heal portion (and as a monk I care little about the end regen suggestion :) )
  13. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

I've been wondering if the tank aug would be a better choice, tbh.
  14. CaptAmazing Augur

So what aug would be ideal for Melee DPS? Group game.
  15. Ishtass Augur

CaptAmazing likes this.
  16. Tadenea Augur

melee shawl is actually not proper term for the shawl either, the shawls were originally labeled as Caster, Healer, Tank, Attacker
    thought I mention that because it can be confusing
  17. Obiziana Augur

It really boggles my mind that we're getting 750 hp runes and 500 hp heals off end game chase gear. When a mob's swingin' away for 12k-20k a round, AEing for 30-50K...what exactly is a 500 hp heal supposed to do? I'm not talking about the raid game, any name in the group game just laughs at this kind of thing. What's the point?
  18. sojero One hit wonder

the 750 rune or 500 heal is small, but combine that with all the other abilities you get it becomes a strong force. EQ is no longer the big gains game, it cannot be, its to old for that. There are to many abilities that stack and work with each other. There has to be small gains that work together to make that amazing situation, and this is just one more tool to make that happen.
    Ishtass likes this.
  19. Izcurly Augur

This is hardly end-game chase gear. It's obtainable by groupers and for some classes, soloers. And I mean without mercs, even.
  20. Langya Augur

Really?

Did you forget maxxing all tradeskills and doing the other 2 shawls that comes as a pre-req? Plus getting the raid piece from PoS? Its not impossible, but do not count on a wide proliferation of the Shawl 3.0. Not as wide as people believe anyway.