Shawl 3.0... Ring of Dain Frostreaver IV 2.0?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Giddemore, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Giddemore Lorekeeper

As following the nostalgia that is brought up in RoF. How about adding a few more steps onto the end of the Coldain Ring quest for an upgraded ring?
    Thrillho likes this.
  2. Hatsee Augur

Yeah, no.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Well if they do, I want an alternate method! Perhaps a tradeskill method?!
    Axxius and Jhenna_BB like this.
  4. EQbud Augur

I mentioned on a different thread that this was the perfect expansion to have implemented Ring 2.0. People were even joking about it in EW the week RoF went live. Sadly, unless it's part of T4, Sony dropped the ball on this one.
  5. wingz-83 Augur

6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I chuckled ;)
    Diptera likes this.
  7. Voth Elder

There was an earring quest line in Luclin from Katta too. PoP had The Binden Concerrentia, but those were just simple kill and loot quests with no real story line behind them. GoD had BiC. OoW and DoN didn't really have anything.

DoDH had the werewolf skull, but you sort of got that automatically if you were around in that era.
    TSS had the charm. TBS had the hand aug. Nothing in SoF. SoD had that thing that nobody ever used. UF had shawl 2. HoT had nothing. VoA had that thing from pillars, if that was supposed to be the quest. RoF has more shawl stuff.

I think things went downhill after BiC.
  8. smash Augur

SoF had nothing: Disagree on that, it had a lot of items. The orc mask, the prismatic click, Beza/Zeka evac thing, the bigger bag and a lot more stuff. In fact imo, SoF was one of the expansions with most items got through tasks.
    SoD the ogre doll, the shield aug.
  9. Lazy automation Elder

Each are had an item in sod
    OGV/H bayle aug
    Kith Blood of the fallen
    FOS Iksar skell Illusion
    Tosk Ogre familar
    BF had that aug i can remember but was decent
    and the really crappy clickie

Sof
    25 purity aug thats doesnt need a perfect distiller

Both werent so bad, the augs were definitely done when the expansion was current or 1 or 2 out. Hell the purity aug is probably still worth doing.
  10. wingz-83 Augur

A lot of the above listed are NOT click rings for DS. You're just listing quested items.

I understand that shawl isn't a click ring but it's an extended click item.
  11. fransisco Augur

extending the ring quest would be awesome
  12. Izcurly Augur

I still use the current 10th ring to get DA scroll's every so often.
  13. Zalmonius Augur

C'mon, RoF updated 10th ring war!

To date, 10th ring war was the most entertaining event in the game to me.
  14. Koveras Elder

I personally think they need to do either a 2.0 version of the Ring of Dain Frostreaver IV or a spiritual successor to it. I've been waiting for either one or the other to one day take place and I really hope the developers do that once they get the chance to do so.