Sharing of a returning player.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sigra, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Sigra New Member

Hello guys, I have played EQ from beta 2 in 1998 to today, with on and off times lapse in sub, so only about 12 years credit in all.

Raiding has always been a big for front of EQ, but over the years the numbers has crumbled but still remain more solid then many games from my opinion.

I want to give a critical thought out in a positive manor, about the majority of players I talk to about returning to EQ and others that I talk to that are returning new or on the fence, or do not stay more then a couple months sub. One of the main reasons I never stayed with EQ for the solid time is due in fact to in the old days the numbers was there for top gear and tier raiding, nowadays you have ones that have settled in with only a few top tier guilds and some servers are even almost unable raid release content before the next expansion is released.

I always pushed for a server dedicated to group, with a long drawn out Raid level gear tied up in group style for smaller team runnings, as well as non box and single character slot with fast travel abolished less you find a wizard, not the popular among majority by far no and I realize this will never come to pass.

But take example, in this patch I was TA by a person that makes the maps for EQ for extruder black pearl. I was impressed seeing I am in a small family guild, been ask many times join top tier guild, but my social circle is with family and close friends, in which this game in no way provides that possibility of raiding without joining anothers guild and leadership.

In a business sense, the removal from extrude black pearl is a great reward to old time full raiding people on the server, but as new return players or to build new players that done see the few top tier raid guilds as a wall to the higher end content due to form factors I listed only conveys to old veterans and long time running raid guilds out of fairness?

I have sit in high tier raid guilds in pok and milked top tier items, its not as difficult as some of the higher hero progressives and it is easy to tier out(though never was my game style, truly love the 6 man to 10 man, allows a closer nit and family oriented guild to achieve everything while still being more challenging then the large raids I shared in last few years.

My vice is to maybe concider trying it on a server, if done right, it may just open up a new audience of paying customers that will be long term subs while not infringing on ones set in old method.

Best Regards.