Shared Task Maximum Duration time

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by JacLuc, Mar 14, 2018.

1. JacLuc Lorekeeper

I searched online and couldn't find a solid answer to this. Night before last, I launched the last Partisan task in VP, Songs of Old, with just myself. I did all of the steps except for killing the purple elder near Travenro. So last night, I added a few friends to the task and we set out to finish it. We got the named and drake down, but found that sometime after I had added them to the task, and before we finished the kill and looted the book, that the task was gone for all of us. The task was unlimited timewise, but is there a maximum time you can keep a shared task after you start it?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It shows unlimited on the write up over at EQResource. And lock out of 1 hour.

When I was doing a Capt Russell HA this week my group was not allowed to enter back in the zone after a wipe and it had only been about 20 minutes to get set up again. Those are supposed to last 6 hours. Have also noticed on one of the Brother ones in tainted WK if you die or leave HA it dulls out the steps in it and doesn't allow it to finish right. But then again I have kept tasks/missions/ha over night with no problems. Dropped task and went on with life. :rolleyes:
  3. Gialana Augur

If the shared task lists Unlimited in the time remaining, then there's no time limit. You can even come back several days later to finish it.

Outside of a bug, the only way to drop the shared task that I can think of is if everyone manually removes the task from their quest window or if the task leader removes everyone (if the task isn't locked).

I think there are some missions where if you fail, the group will be auto removed from the shared task. That's not typical for a partisan task, though.
  4. Rowlen Journeyman

I think I read it somewhere and sadly found it to be true, RoS shared tasks despite task says "unlimited" used to end after 24 hours :(
    Riou likes this.
  5. JacLuc Lorekeeper

That sounds like what happened. I checked my log and it as 23.5 hours almost to the second between when I started the task and when it ended.
    Riou likes this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Sounds like a bug to me. It should say 24 hours (or 23.5) instead of Unlimited.
    Riou likes this.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

The issue with not being able to reenter has been in place since the beginning. If there are no active toons in the HA it basically closes down the instance after a certain amount of time. I have learned this one the hard way more than once on more than one HA. If the group wipes someone needs to zone back in as a place holder to keep it active. Depending on where you are at with the captain ones it can be difficult to do this unless the toon has a FD ability because some of those ghouls will agro you as soon as you zone in.