Shared SoS not working?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Has anyone else noticed that Shared Shroud of Stealth is "seen through" by most MOBS in ROS?

Is this intended?
  2. smash Augur

Maybe look into bugs and such?

When something been out for 14+ days it has usually been rapported.
    Also, since it IS a bug, it would have been better to posted in right topic, because then a dev could find it, without skimming posts through.
  3. Newb Tank Not so Newb

4. Sissruukk Rogue One

What I have noticed is that:
    1) Doesn't last for 18 secs as description states (more like 5)
    2) Depending on other party member latency and such, it could last less

There was some talk on the melee forum about this being due to the fact that it is client based dependent on the timer, and not server based, so latency and such play a big factor in how long it will last on a toon you cast it on. Also, things like existing invis on the group (invis or ivu) probably affect it as well. So, it could be that if the group has invis already on them (or ivu) and you cast shared stealth, something could be interfering with it.

I have still yet to get with my group and test it out fully to find out its functionality. Too busy doing other things, and I haven't really bothered with it since noticing it not working as intended the first few days. I will try to remember to get to this tonight and see what I can find.
  5. Greymantle Augur

Is something on test atm about this.
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

Not sure if that is a question or a comment.
    If a question, then I am not sure if anything is going on over on Test about it.
    If a comment, then that is good they are looking into it and hopefully come out with some resolution.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This is the only thing I see about it in the most recent patch notes for Test:

- Rogue - Removed the restriction which required you to be invisible to activate Shared Stealth, which fixes the bug where the ability would not last its intended duration if the recipient was invisible.

But that might be a different issue.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

Hrm, interesting. Going to have to wait for it to roll out live to check it out, as I don't have a toon on test.