Shared Merciless Ferocity overwriting issue.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zanarnar, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Zanarnar Augur

First of all sorry if this isn't the correct place; none of the Tech support forums seemed to be an appropriate place to post in-game spell bugs. If there is a better place let me know and I'll move this!

I noticed this on a raid the other day when a group member was able to overwrite my Shared Merciless Ferocity Rk. III with his Rk. I spell. Just to be sure I checked and one of my friends was able to overwrite it with Rk. II as well.

Thanks!!
  2. Malbro Augur

I've seen that myself. Seems to be a bug but I've never seen it addressed.
  3. Jiggs Elder

It is not just Shared Merciless Ferocity but all of the group type buffs.

Have been playing my alt Beastlord with a friend (both of us level 100) occasionally and my beast has all the rank 3 group buffs. His beast only has Shared Merciless Ferocity rank 3 and has rank 2 of all the others. But all his rank 2's overwrite my rank 3's.

This includes Focus, Haste, SE and the HP buff.

My beastlord has better beneficial extended duration focus than my friend. Both of us have maxed aa's for anything that could impact this as well.

Something is amiss with the spells and should be looked into.
  4. Izcurly Augur

Rank 3 of Shared Brutal Ferocity (last expansions version of it) will also overwrite.

Not really a bug so much as a side-effect of ability capping. All those versions of the spells have "Increase chance to Triple attack by 30%" in slot 1. So long as a spell is cast by the same level person and an ability check is equal to or greater than the existing spell, the overwrite is allowed.

In practice, I don't mind how it works, since having fero spell refreshed by any beastlord at any strength is usually preferable to having it wear off because the refresh was blocked. Given how useless stamina and resist buffs are in the current game, the only functional difference between them is a fairly small amount of attack.