Share the Wealth

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yimin, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Because the economies on the 2 servers are very different. 1 Mil on Xegony does not equal 1 Mil on FV. Hence why the Krono's are priced different on the 2 servers. It's a lot easier to make a couple Mil plat on FV then it is to make the same couple Mil on Xegony. Gotwar stated it best, if you want to move plat from server to server move it with Krono's, that's how it's been with TLP's. The plat values are not equal but their relative value for the server is the same. Early on in a TLP you can get Krono's for like 5k plat or less, transfer it to a live server and you can sell it for 2 Mil+.
  2. Nolrog Augur

Well, technically, you an already do this. Buy a krono on one server, sell it on another. You just transferred plat.

Your welcome.
  3. snailish Augur

You can already move your plat from any server but Brekt and FV to any live server... only progression servers and Trakanon appear to be closed to inbound.

Sure it involves character(s) moving.

You want to move plat into a prog server, use krono.

I would think they would allow paid moves off of FV (untapped cash there) before they allow free moving of plat. Not saying they should allow free moving of plat (that is way farther down the slope than letting FV out of the bag).
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I vote no on this one. Some servers just have way to much wealth vs other servers. It would be easy for someone who plays the buy and resell game to swoop in on servers where people have less plat, buy up most of the high needed goods and either resell them at an extraordinarily high cost to these same players on said server or take all of these needed goods from this server back to their home server. With the current system they can still do this but at least they have to pay for two character transfers to do it making it not as desirable to do so. With this method someone with basically unlimited plat could control markets on every server without ever having to pay a dime for character transfers.
  5. Yimin Augur

Krono sales would sky rocket with this idea !

Yimin
  6. Yimin Augur

This would increase the size of the market for Krono sales...This would also make people go out and get things you can buy and sell on any server to get PP to buy more Krono ....Also if Rich players want to buy on a poor server nothing wrong with that, a rising tide lifts all boats and in time that poor server will have more wealth ...And in turn buy more items and more Krono

YiMin
  7. Aurastrider Augur

I am not sure how this would actually increase krono sales but I am interested to hear your thought process here on how this would work.

What I foresee happening is the following. The top 5% of wealthy players swoop in and buy up the majority of krono's on all servers. Krono inflation hits every server drastically as these top 5% hoard said krono's to create a significant imbalance with supply and demand. Krono prices reach a point where people that actively farm to buy krono's stop farming because the time for their investment just isn't worth it. Variety of bazaar goods diminish because less people are actively farming which leads to more people needing to go out and farm stuff they would rather buy in the bazaar than farm. Players who are forced to go out of their way to farm that hate to do so get bored and some might even leave the game because they are spending to much time in content mindlessly killing instead of actually doing content they enjoy. End result less variety in bazaar, less people able to afford purchasing kronos via plat leading to some of these people going ftp or quitting, some people leaving the game because they don't want to farm and less money for DB from server transfers. This seems like a lot of potential lost revenue from a business perspective to ever work.
  8. Yimin Augur

Cornering the market consists of obtaining sufficient control of a particular commodity, or other asset in an attempt to manipulate the market price.
    players that have cornered their markets have usually done so in an attempt to gain greater leeway in their decisions; for example, they may desire to charge higher prices for their products without fears of losing too much business. The cornerer hopes to gain control of enough of the supply of thecommodity to be able to set the price for it.
    This can be attempted through several mechanisms. The most direct strategy is to simply buy up a large percentage of the available commodity offered for sale in some market and hoard it. With the advent of futures trading, a cornerer may buy a large number of the commodity and then sell them at a profit after inflating the price.
    Although there have been many attempts to corner markets by massive purchases in everything from Spider silk to bear pelts , to date very few of these attempts have ever succeeded; instead, most of these attempted corners have tended to break themselves spontaneously. " A cornerer can become vulnerable due to the size of the position, especially if the attempt becomes widely known. If the rest of the market senses weakness, it may resist any attempt to artificially drive the market any further by actively taking opposing positions. If the price starts to move against the cornerer, any attempt by the cornerer to sell would likely cause the price to drop substantially. In such a situation, many other parties could profit from the cornerer's need to unwind the position. this was taken from the great Wiz mind known as Wiki :)

YiMin
  9. Aurastrider Augur

Copy and pasting something you found online is not very helpful in showing your point. Yes if someone tries to corner a market on goods that are easily obtainable they will probably end up shooting themselves in the foot but in the case of krono's or other rare items the demand is much higher than the supply usually.

Working in the medical field I deal with this every day regarding medications that are on a national shortage. In these situations there are alternatives to some of these medications but as those alternatives quickly get used up they eventually land on the national shortage list unless the original first choice medication that was on the shortage list has enough supply to meet the demands again reducing the usage of its alternative so supplies can then be replenished. Some manufactures have even intentionally underproduced said items to create a supply and demand discrepancy causing inflation and in some cases rather drastically.

Since krono's can only enter the game via people spending real world money the supply is rather variable. Also with your idea nobody will ever attempt to sell a krono on servers with an inferior economy. One of two things will result in this situation. The first being all krono sales will occur on what ever server is able to offer the most for them leading to no or very little sales on the remaining servers or krono prices will become the same on all servers which will most likely be at what ever price the wealthiest servers are offering. The end result is you will destroy lower population economies and limit the player base on said servers from obtain kronos and other rare items. This would be detrimental for the majority of servers and would take away the economic aspect of the game from them. The incentive for some people to have an all access account used just as a bazaar mule on these lower population servers would go away and so to will their subs on these accounts. More lost profits for DBG on top of all of the other potential lost profits I already pointed out. You still have yet to clearly show how this idea will actually increase krono sales and further you have to do so by proving it will increase sales enough to not only offset the lost revenue from server transfers but surpass it in revenue produced.
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  10. Yimin Augur

The only live server with a booming economy as far as I know is FV because its a free market almost anything can be bought and sold there , there is billions in PP waiting to be spent , the PP on FV as you have stated yourself can be used to buy an item known as Krono You need cold hard cash in real life to buy Krono , unleash the PP from FV onto other servers one thing will happen Krono sales will explode ....

Yimin
  11. Aurastrider Augur

What you mean to say is krono sales for the people on FV will explode as they obtain every available krono on the live servers. For everyone else the economies will implode. Honestly if this happens there would be very little incentive for me to ever operate my trader or traders when I have multiple accounts subbed. I am sure lots of other players would feel the same way. You have stated sales across the game will explode but you have to elaborate more on the "why". Why are players who would otherwise not spend their real money on a krono all of a sudden open up their wallets to buy them? Do you think that the increased plat they will make off of said krono is going to get people to spend their real money? If variety in the bazaar decreases due to less people farming due to krono inflation that plat wont buy them much due to less variety. What remaining goods that are left in the bazaar will also need their prices adjusted drastically due to inflation. People who even bother selling stuff for lower level players wont even bother unless they are doing so out of charity. Your end result is still a wrecked economy on all but a couple of servers and you still have yet to explain why people will actually open up their wallets to buy more kronos.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not something I'd like to see as each individual server has it's own economy.

If they did something like this though it should exclude Brekt, TLPs and FV as they have way different economies to every other server.
  13. smash Augur

This "idea" should not ever go through. It would totally ruin the economi on lot of servers.

Basically what would happen is that person from a live server like fv. Start a char up on cheap server, buy all kronos for cheap money and then sell on expensive server. Then buy more from other cheap server, sell and so on.

This can still happen today, but gotta work by getting char up instead of using a level 1 char to do the stuff.
  14. Yimin Augur

You just help prove my point this will increase Krono sales ...

YiMin
  15. Freeidiot New Member

hire this guy as head of krono marketing now!

(dont worry he wont ruin anything else just krono sales!)
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Let’s print more money, everyone will be rich!
  17. Aurastrider Augur

You still have yet to fully explain how this will actually increase krono sales from the marketplace. How will this brilliant idea of yours actually get people to open up their real world wallets to purchase more kronos. Boosting in game krono sales between players that have already purchased them from the marketplace is not the same thing as boosting actual krono sales from DBG. Maybe you are confused as to how kronos actually enter the game?
  18. Yimin Augur

I have explained it already in response #30 here ...

YiMin
  19. Aurastrider Augur

Actually you explained nothing in response #30 or any other response. You simply speculate that unleashing plat from FV or any of the other wealthy servers will boost krono sales. You need to actually explain the logic as to why? Why would unleashing this plat cause people to spend more real life money on kronos? Here is what we know so far.

1. You want plat to be exchanged between servers.
    2. You believe that doing the above will boost krono sales from the market.
    3. You have not actually outlined why #2 would actually occur.

If you were writing a paper proposing a change for your employer you would propose your idea, outline how to make said idea work and then present the benefits from said idea. You are missing the crucial aspect of any successful idea and that's the "how or why" will this actually work. You remind me so much of trying to start a project around the house with my wife.

wife: I want to do xyz
    Me: Ok what exactly do you want
    Wife: I want it to be this way.
    Me: Here is what we can do based on my skills and our budget.
    Wife: No I want it this way
    Me: Sorry wanting something and reality are two different things.
    Wife: lots of explicit words
    Me: I am going to my man cave and I am done with this whole idea
    Wife: I am sorry when can we get started
    Me: I have been down here planning it the whole time. BRB heading to the hardware store.

You want something but you have zero reality about how something works. Not trying to be offensive but you are rather ignorant regarding how to actually come up with an idea, make a plan and implement it. You seem to think that coming up with an idea and knowing your expected outcomes will produce results.
  20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You know you could just put your name in a signature instead of typing it in at the bottom of every post.

Or you know, we already see it on the left there...
    Act of Valor likes this.