Shards of Fear!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Riou EQResource

Yes, Piestro worded it wrong :p (unless they are dumping the quest requirement, but it is still there as one currently), you need Max Ally + Shard Experiences to complete the Achievement Crystal Circle Builder, the reward for the Achievement completion is 1 of the 4 choices
  2. savrin Augur

Is the charm mentioned a seperate reward? And what are the stats on it?
  3. Daedly Augur

Piestro, I was looking at the augs and noticed they are useable in the Primary slot. Was it actually meant to be Secondary or have both by chance? Or could you inquire into it and the possibility of getting Secondary added to it please? =)
  4. Xnao Augur

R.I.P. Hsta augs that are not ac augs.

There is an aug that improves with more quests or some nonsence. I think that is what the charm item is.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Third, or fourth ??, this. I would be willing to farm shards a second time to get both.
  6. Kinadorm Augur

The ring should be an extra reward included with each aug choice so that when you hit that level you get 1 aug and the ring. I don't think too many people will opt for the ring over one of those augs if they have to make that choice.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. maaki New Member

I must say I am disappointed in the fact that the Pre-Luanch event is nothing but an achievement everyone else is going to get even if they did nothing for the pre-luanch. If memory serves me right the other pre-launch events were some pretty neat items that could only have been gotten during pre-launch.
    And the text says something about a charm,, but nothing here is mentioned about it. Is there actually a charm or is it just something to make you think you didn't waste your time when you actually did?
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

This wasn't a pre-launch event, just something they threw live early because they didn't have time for it.
    Vouivre likes this.
  9. Liliana Augur

Any chance of having the reward changed to the teleport ring and one of the augments?
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Desideratus New Member

My wife and I have played most days since the shards started falling, killing mobs steadily for 9 or 10 hours a week maybe (excluding instances). We play exclusively in areas that gain us decent xp (mainly VoA, but some HoT stuff for specific augs for alts etc). In that 100+ hours of play, our four principal toons have found 1 shard. Between them. Believe me, if there is any reward for this that was available only to the very tiny minority who have managed to farm enough shards (alas, we weren't smart enough to mindlessly slaughter zones full of light blue mobs) before launch, while others who played the game for 100+hours were unable to get anything due to the unbelievably stupidly rare drop rates for normal game players, I'd be ... miffed.
  11. Cakvala Augur

I slaughter light blue zones and never got a shard. I got 2 shards before launch and that was it, ill work on the quest now that the drop rate is higher.
  12. Liliana Augur

Disappointed this quest was left as is. The original post still doesn't make any sense
    Where is this "charm" for those with a large amount of faction. The wording clearly indicates its something separate from the ring and augs
  13. Crystilla Augur

For the faction, are you supposed to turn in one at a time? Tonight I did my first turn ins ever - 4 at a time of the 81-95 shards (I was lvl 95). Turned in 5 sets of 4. Then turned in 4 more one at a time and never hit max ally.
  14. Hatsee Augur

Same well over the max ally turn in now, nothing.

Did you also turn some in prior to the launch? I'm curious if that broke it or they raised the amount needed by a large amount.
  15. Crystilla Augur

No. I was planning to turn some in Tuesday night but after raids I crashed upon zoning and since it was already late on a worknight I didn't log back in to do it. Had wanted to wait until I had all of the turn ins needed so I wouldn't forget how many I'd already turned in.

So Wed night after launch was the first time I'd turned anything in.
  16. doktartp Augur

Add heroic agility to the caster one :)

OR make it shield useable .... since you cant get a decent shield aug minus 1 month a year.
  17. Caudyr Augur

The charm is a quest reward from the task. The augs/ring choice is a 'quest reward' from completing the achievement "Crystal Circle Builder", which requires max ally faction, as well as the completion of Shard Experiences to complete.
    This. Do this. Please. I'm sure most people probably wouldn't pick the ring over any of the augs, so why would you even think of not just having it be the ring + your choice of aug, lol.

Just doesn't make sense. Then again...I'm not really surprised that it doesn't make sense. -_-
    Cakvala and Nennius like this.
  18. Liliana Augur

Oh I didnt realize charm was from the task, cant preview the reward! If the ground spawns get fixed I can get this stuff =p
  19. Citraka New Member

Made a long post opposing what you just proposed thought about it a bit and changed my mind, I agree.

Ring and an Aug would be awesome,

Or.....only the people who did the "just a quest you got early access to" (TM Sony) get the ring ?
    This option actually is negative for my toon as i didnt collect shards before release but at least throws those guys that did a bone, and the big win would be for the ones that pre ordered and pre quested as they then get 2 port clickies, harbingers staff and ring,

my 2 cents
    Citraka

Edit i realise if anyones chosen the ring as a reward already tha tmight make things difficult but i'd gamble there arent many if any :)
  20. Caudyr Augur

Easy solution. 'Get rid of' the items from people when you do it...and give them the achievement again. :p

Either that or just have the ring and augs be available from the NPC once you complete the achievement. There's a precedence for this already as they've done this for merc achievements in HoT and unlocking the "Action Goblins" from one of the merchants in sunrise hills.