Shards of Fear!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Piestro Augur

[IMG]
    Crystalline Shards of Fear having been raining down on Norrath for some time now, and people and creatures the world over have begun to gather them. Items of exceeding rarity, these shards are highly valued by the Adventurers of Norrath as a way to earn a better reputation with Magus Burlshin.

Magus Burlshin is seeking to complete a grand building project, for the betterment of all Norrathians, and Shards of Fear are critical to his plans. Those who have achieved sufficient faction with him will garner a much more concrete reward, however! A large amount of faction will earn a charm of fearsome power, and those whose reputations have reached the pinnacle of possibility will receive their choice of items: one of three augments of exceeding rarity or a ring that provides travel to Shard’s Landing every two hours. Only one reward may be earned, though, so choose wisely!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Magus Burlshin expects these shards to appear more frequently once Rain of Fear begins and, not only that, but he notes adventurers will most likely see them more in the areas most affected or corrupted by the shards, areas within Rain of Fear itself.

Good luck in your hunting!
  2. Ranar Lorekeeper

Req. lvl 98 for augs .. Req lvl 90 for the port ........

question i have is .. why are lower lvl shards dropping before..... what does a lower lvl toon expect to get since could get:

Tiny Fear Shard
    QUEST ITEM
    Recommended level of 25. Required level of 11
    Kinadorm and Mary Poppins like this.
  3. Kucaniz Master

I like the choice of augs to go along with that, just wish there could be one with HSta. We need more good hit point augs with HSta on them.
  4. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

i like the rewards and I am not one to complain about anything but this is suppose to be a prequest so should the people that did before launch get something extra then someone who waits till after launch?
  5. Liliana Augur

Wouldn't it have made more sense to receive one of the 3 augments AND the ring?
    Vouivre, Kinadorm and beryon like this.
  6. yaddab Augur

Phew, so I will still be able to get them, panic over :)
  7. Piestro Augur

This isn't a pre-quest really. It's just a quest you got early access to.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just been and spoken to Magus Burlshin, I have max ally faction. He offers no further text for the reward and nothing has come up in the reward window.
  9. Piestro Augur

Rain of Fear has not yet launched.

-Edit: which was not made clear enough in the initial article.
  10. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

what i said everyone that completed quest before launch should get the ring as a bonus then we can pick an aug after you get the faction would make a lot of sense pls consider this devs
    ;)
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'll be your proof reader /grin
  12. Tordail Elder

Really looking forward to getting the aug with Heal Amount and Spell Damage. Really nice quest rewards; thanks!
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I really think the reward should be one aug and the ring.

In any case, I was wondering if the internal name for the quest is "Shards of Fear!". Most fan web sites are using some version of the name "Fear Shard Collection" to refer to the quest began by Magus Burlshin in City of Bronze, which I assume is the same quest here, only now he's also in Shard's Landing. I like to have the names right on my wiki (yes, I am retentive, thanks for asking:).

Also, will he remain in City of Bronze once RoF goes live? If so, will both of him award the quest rewards exactly the same?

Thank you.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Sigh, you've also created three augs with the exact same name.

Someone charging by the word over there? You couldn't make them "Strength Stone of the Crystal Circle", "Dexterity Stone of the Crystal Circle" and "Knowledge Stone of the Crystal Circle"?

:)
  15. Riou EQResource

The quest is called Shard Experiences and no he is moving out from city of bronze into shards landing
  16. Tobynn Augur

What's the charm item ?
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thanks for the help.

I do have some questions, though. Judging from what people are saying, it appears that "Shard Experiences" actually puts a quest in your Task Window, which actually makes it a different quest than the "Fear Shard Collection" that is currently in the game.

In other words, it appears that the "Fear Shard Collection" just gives you a head start on the faction needed to either get or complete "Shard Experiences" and that they are really two separate quests.

Meaning that "Fear Shard Collection" is an "old school" quest that you just do without a entry in the Task window and "Shard Experiences" is a "new" style that does. Making them different quests.

Could you clear this up please?
  18. Riou EQResource

The old "quest" is just what people called it, the only thing to it is -> Turn in Shard -> Get Faction. I suppose you could claim it as an "old school quest" if you wanted

You also do need atleast Kindly faction to get the quest Shard Experiences
  19. WarSheol Augur

Whew im so glad to know I didnt miss out on this as I was very busy beta testing :cool:

Think I Need the HDex ring, how many turn ins does it take?
  20. Danite Lorekeeper

WarSheol it takes 21 shards to hit max faction
  21. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So your saying we have to do another quest to get the rewards mentioned above? If that is true the write us is misleading as it give the impression of having handed in enough shards is enough to get one of those rewards.